ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones & Cosmetics Return to archive
1st April 2008 06:04 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
1st April 2008 06:06 AM
Ten Thousand Motels At what point does dyed hair begin to look ridiculous?
To the point of becoming "jackoesque"?
1st April 2008 06:52 AM
Sioux Well, Keith is letting his gray freak flag fly now...and Mick's hair color looks really natural to me. I say, as long as it looks that good, go for it! On the other hand, Keith looks good "au natural"...
1st April 2008 06:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Well, Keith is letting his gray freak flag fly now...and Mick's hair color looks really natural to me. I say, as long as it looks that good, go for it! On the other hand, Keith looks good "au natural"...

I'm not saying that there's anything necessarily wrong with cosmetics, but there does come a point where you have to cut your losses. Jacko never learned that.

1st April 2008 07:14 AM
Ten Thousand Motels It's hard to say how early on that cosmetics became a staple, because they had to wear a certain bit of cosmetics because of the way the early movie and TV cameras worked. A lesson that Little Richard learned early on.

And a lesson that Richard Nixon learned a little too late.

1st April 2008 07:20 AM
SweetVirginia I agree, Sioux. Mick's hair color looks very natural. (I think one of the things I texted to LJ on Sunday night was about how great Mick's hair looked at the premiere).

They are entertainers, TTM...they use cosmetics and other enhancements. What would you prefer? That Mick have a big head full of gray hair like Michael McDonald or Kenny Rogers?

1st April 2008 01:21 PM
Sioux
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I'm not saying that there's anything necessarily wrong with cosmetics, but there does come a point where you have to cut your losses. Jacko never learned that.

Oh, well, that's surgery to the extreme! He doesn't even look human anymore.....if he had to do his face, he should have stopped when "Thriller" came out...
1st April 2008 01:38 PM
andrews27 Makeup? They should rub Michael Kohl around their eyes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohl_%28cosmetics%29
1st April 2008 02:03 PM
the good Considering what other entertainers have done to themselves with plastic surgery, botox, etc, we stones fans should be damn proud that our boys have decided to basically avoid that kind of unhealthy narcissisism.
1st April 2008 04:28 PM
The jinn, my friend. It is ironic that the picture comes from a site with these quotes.....
We are here to support a 21st century sex education curriculum for MCPS students. While continuing to stress the importance of abstinence
who are committed to promoting tolerance and fact-based education in our public schools

This web site provides documents, resources, links, and contacts to help you stay informed

PS..... already saved the picture... ;-)
[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
1st April 2008 11:56 PM
sammy davis jr. I'd say that looks about right in 10 years....
2nd April 2008 12:15 AM
stonedinaustralia

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
2nd April 2008 08:09 AM
andrews27
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]

As I've said before to thundering silence - Jagger is the Jolson of our day, and most probably would not exist if not for Al Jolson and his burnt cork. See "The Jolson Story," starring Larry Parks.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038661/

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)