ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Shine A Light - UK / ROI Premiere: Who's going where?! Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th March 2008 06:13 PM
jaymze I'm interested in knowing who is going along to see the Movie on Wednesday night?

What city will you be seeing it in?

I'm heading along to see it in Glasgow at 19.30. I can't wait.

A good friend will be coming along with me. She is very excited as she was singing a few songs in a Cookstown (in Northern Ireland -look it up!!) pub last weekend, one of them being "Honky Tonk Woman". She couldn't help but throw in a few Mick struts and finger points and got the biggest applause of the night!

I'm sure we'll be doing the same as we make our way home again that night.

Roll on Wednesday!
30th March 2008 08:16 PM
Gazza bastards arent showing it here. Ive to wait until the general release.
31st March 2008 03:39 AM
Ade Imax, Waterloo, London
31st March 2008 05:54 AM
Flairville Imax Waterloo. Getting the train from Manchester into London Euston tomorrow!
31st March 2008 09:08 AM
Ade
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Imax Waterloo. Getting the train from Manchester into London Euston tomorrow!

a meet-up location is being planned:-
http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,892560
1st April 2008 06:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man Bluewater shopping centre. I'd of preferd the Imax!!!!
1st April 2008 06:50 AM
SweetVirginia Ade, Ben, Alex~ have a great time.

You will really enjoy the up-close experience of seeing our band in this film!

SV
1st April 2008 08:43 AM
Ade Thank you SV - looking forward to it!
1st April 2008 08:52 AM
PartyDoll MEG Enjoy the movie and a the few pints thrown down before, guys!!
1st April 2008 09:30 AM
SweetVirginia Maybe they should have a Pimms in your honor Meg?
1st April 2008 11:04 AM
Honky Tonk Man A few pints is cumpolsury!

Part of me thinks why did I bother when I could've just waited a short while longer for its general release date, though its a unique event in a way. I'll certainly be seeing it twice!
1st April 2008 02:18 PM
glen759 I will be seeing it at Cheltenham.

Hi to everyone its been a while since I posted!
1st April 2008 05:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
glen759 wrote:
I will be seeing it at Cheltenham.

'bout feckin' time!
1st April 2008 09:53 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
glen759 wrote:
I will be seeing it at Cheltenham.

Hey Glen..nice to see ya here!!
Enjoy the movie...
Don't stay away so long between posts
1st April 2008 09:58 PM
SweetVirginia Hi Glen!

Nice to "see" you. Don't be such a stranger.

SV
2nd April 2008 03:11 AM
Ade Hello Glen - enjoy the film
2nd April 2008 04:43 AM
IrelandCalling4 Wooooo!!!

Can't bloomin' wait for 7:30 tonight,

Howdy Jaymze, " 'oo dirty divil"

'Caisc Shona dhuit'(Happy Easter - Yes, a belated wish, but a fine one nonetheless)

Enjoy the show in Glasgow tonight, I'll be popping along with my bro' to see it, hopefully get the T-Shirt aswell. Am so thrilled, counting down the hours untill showtime, feels like I'm going to see a concert^

It's only 9:42am here, another 10 hours to go..

"Slainte"
2nd April 2008 10:35 AM
Honky Tonk Man May as well join in!

Hello Glen and enjoy the film.
3rd April 2008 03:23 AM
Ade very enjoyable concert film.
Great sound quality, with the song highlights being,
a touching 'As Tears Go By', and a thunderously barnstorming,
'Champagne & Reefer'.
These 2 performances, were worth the price of admission alone.

A few critisisms:-
**the hired, Paris Hilton clones, in the FOS area, who were in 95% of the shots, and didn't know the words or the songs being played.
Embarrasing faux-pas, imo.
Whoever decided to try and 'MTV Awards' the experience, by employing a gaggle of clapping, blonde sealions, has hurt this movie, and discredited themselves, in the process.
** Not one single shot of Brian, Bill or Taylor in the archive footage,
(of which not enough was used).

Anyway, a fun evening, enjoying a fun rock and roll movie, surrounded by godd people.
The 'giveaway' unique t-shirt, was a nice touch.

highlight of the whole evening:- a hilarious red-carpet moment, when the heavily pregnant Edith Bowman,was interviewing Keith, and he presented her with his 'card'.

effing funny.
[Edited by Ade]
3rd April 2008 07:10 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well, what can I say other than the film is an absolute triumph and celebration of the greatest rock 'n' roll band to ever live? Not a lot, but here goes!

Scorsese did a masterful job of portraying the Stones as exactly what they are. A rock 'n' roll band beyond redemption. The concert itself was sublime. I won't go too much into the performances, but I will add that both the sound and visuals were first class. Shine A Light is most definitely a movie. This is NOT Four Flicks.

The sound. Oh my lord, the sound. The camera would Flicks between Ronnie, Charlie and Keith, each time highlighting their instruments. One moment Keith's cranked up Gibson would be the focus, the next it'd be Ronnie and his Stratocaster and then Charlie thunderous drumming would be bought the fore. Unbelievable stuff. Mick is the undoubted showman of the band and this movie did him justice like I never imagined it would. He danced, he pranced, he pulled faces and he sang his lungs out with passion, growling and screeching where appropriate. The guest performances were inspired for the most part. Jack White clearly enjoyed his moment with Mick, Buddy Guy too (very funny moment watching him shuffle off stage, guitar in each hand after Keith donated his Gibson) and the blond girl? She's too much of a screeched, but yes, she was OK too.

A masterful, wonderful and an absolute must see. I will also add, Shine A Light MUST be viewed on the big screen. It was made for the cinema.
3rd April 2008 07:39 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Ade wrote:

A few critisisms:-
**the hired, Paris Hilton clones, in the FOS area, who were in 95% of the shots, and didn't know the words or the songs being played.
Embarrasing faux-pas, imo.

I couldn't agree more, Ade. Those dumb non-fan bimbos are distracting. They don't even clap on beat. I really wish Scorsese and his casting company had made the effort to find real fans who met their standards of appearance.
3rd April 2008 07:44 AM
Gazza The odd thing is that the models are pretty much absent in all the advance publicity footage and trailers for the film.

Maybe it turned out Scorsese was embarrassed about it.
3rd April 2008 07:56 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The odd thing is that the models are pretty much absent in all the advance publicity footage and trailers for the film.

Maybe it turned out Scorsese was embarrassed about it.

I really don't think the bimbos were Scorsese's idea anyway. That has never been his style with previous films. And maybe Mick didn't have time to check out the advertisements for the movie. Me thinks the bimbos were a Jagger(and pal Cohl)addition. I don't for one minute think Jagger gave Scorsese complete control in this movie. Would have loved to been a fly on the wall and watch the behind the scenes haggles.
3rd April 2008 08:54 AM
glencar Mick's often used bimbos for the front of the stage stuff (and other, more personal uses...). Remember the one year they were on the VMA's & the bimbos were all waving their hands? I actually thought they were lucky & enthusiastic fans at the time...
3rd April 2008 01:00 PM
Factory Girl washingtonpost.com

By J. Freedom du Lac
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, April 3, 2008; Page C01

Interview with Keith

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/02/AR2008040203622.html?hpid=artslot
3rd April 2008 02:14 PM
glen759 Some thoghts on the movie.

I enjoyed it greatly but like everyone else I can only wish there were real fans down the front and not some "rent a crowd bimbos".

I loved hearing the Some Girls tracks (probably my fave stones album).

I liked the Keith comment in the movie after the meet 'n' greet with Clinton and family when he turned away and said he should have said

"Hey Clinton I'm Bushed" lol classic Keith.

3rd April 2008 06:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mick's often used bimbos for the front of the stage stuff (and other, more personal uses...). Remember the one year they were on the VMA's & the bimbos were all waving their hands? I actually thought they were lucky & enthusiastic fans at the time...

That VMA thing happens regularly though. I dont necessarily think its the Stones doing, more of an TV producer's idea - they used to do that for the MTV Unplugged shows as well. I think the idea for a similar thing for SAL was probably another bright idea of the producers.

The Stripped TV special footage from the Paradiso and the Twickenham footage on Four Flicks also tended to focus a lot on some of the more photogenic audience members. In the case of the Paradiso show, they actually deliberately picked individuals out and moved them to the front. Happens all the time.

Dont forget also the Superbowl uproar when the producers tried to insist that the Stones' fans hired to stand near the stage should all be under 45.

3rd April 2008 06:08 PM
Some Guy I see the show tomorrow, but i don't forsee a bimbo problem.
3rd April 2008 06:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
glen759 wrote:
Some thoghts on the movie.

I enjoyed it greatly but like everyone else I can only wish there were real fans down the front and not some "rent a crowd bimbos".

Some fans fell narrowly short at the final audition :

..and at least one band member required some extra make up and post-production treatment to make him more palatable for the IMAX audiences

[Edited by Gazza]
3rd April 2008 06:19 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Some fans fell narrowly short at the final audition :

..and at least one band member required some extra make up and post-production treatment to make him more palatable for the IMAX audiences

well above the rim.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)