ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Prayers for Nanky! Return to archive Page: 1 2
30th March 2008 11:07 PM
Paranoid_Android Very sad indeed...sympathies, from my family to yours, Nanky...
31st March 2008 12:04 AM
Starbuck god bless nankster...

if i vote mccain, will this ease the pain?
31st March 2008 02:54 AM
FotiniD So sorry for your loss Nanky
31st March 2008 03:38 AM
Ade sorry for your loss
31st March 2008 04:02 AM
nankerphelge Thanks everyone for all of the kind thoughts and prayers.

My mom had suffered from Alzheimers disease now for nearly 10 years. The last three years, she was institutionalized and had pretty much lost all memory. She had not recognized anyone in her family for well over a year, including me and my dad. So her passing, while sad, was a blessing for her as her quality of life was really not so good.

In her day she was a fun loving woman with a wicked sense of humor. She came from a large family and they all had that same zest for life, and she passed much of it my way. The nankiness is hereditary I'm afraid.

Thanks again for the wonderful thoughts.
She would have been amazed that so many people that did not even know her took the time to think of her.
31st March 2008 06:34 AM
Factory Girl May your mom rest in peace.

I'm truly sorry for your loss.
31st March 2008 07:09 AM
corgi37 Sad news indeed. Best wishes to you and your family.
31st March 2008 08:14 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

My mom had suffered from Alzheimers disease now for nearly 10 years. The last three years, she was institutionalized and had pretty much lost all memory. She had not recognized anyone in her family for well over a year, including me and my dad. So her passing, while sad, was a blessing for her as her quality of life was really not so good.

I know something about this myself, so I get where you're coming from. My condolences for all of it.

31st March 2008 09:22 AM
nankerphelge A truly horrible disease.

Not that any of them are good.
But it really is invasion of the body snatchers.
There is your loved one right there before you.
Looks like them, anyway.
Yet they're totally gone.

The saddest part is mid-way.
They know it is happening.
They know it will win.

Slowly, they erode.
Life becomes no longer a journey, but instead only a series of snap shots in time, all of which will be forgotten soon.

31st March 2008 09:50 AM
Nasty Habits My father-in-law gets out the vaccuum cleaner with the wand attachment, dons an air-filter mask, and does battle with invisible flies. He opens all the windows in the house whenever food is cooking so the smells don't "get" him. He is convinced that his internet works faster if three TVs are on in his house, as long as they are the right ones.

The other day he called and asked if I'd ever seen the picture of my wife and him standing together with her in a fancy white dress and him in a nice suit. What occasion was that, he wondered.

And he's just in the early stages. Due to pretty nasty bit of traumatic brain injury, it's unlikely that he'll ever understand what's happening to him. Otherwise healthy as an ox. He gets to be this (and more) confused and neurotic for 15 years or more, the lucky guy.

Anyway, mixed emotions often call for mixed drinks.

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
31st March 2008 10:21 AM
vox12string My dad passed away last year so I know exactly how you feel Nanky. A part of you has gone but the memories remain, hang in there........
31st March 2008 10:33 AM
Starbuck i watched grandpa starbuck slowly deteriorate over about 12 years, starting in the late 80s until his death in '99 at 85. he was a good man! i used to live with them right after i got out of college for awhile, so i saw it firsthand. very sad. one day, he wandered into the kitchen in the house he built and lived in for almost 40 years..."hey win...where do you...ah..keep the bathroom?" sometimes he would just scream at the top of his lungs and pound on the table with his fists so loud you could hear it in the backyard...those were the hard times, as you knew he knew that he was slowly losing his mind and couldn't do a damn thing about it.

as riffy's signature on the couch points out, however, there could be some times where you could take some humor away from the situation. one night it was late and grandma crawled into bed with her nightgown on. he had already been asleep but woke up when she got into bed. "what are you doing?" he asked her. "well, louie, i'm going to bed." "well, i don't think THAT's such a good idea..." he replied. "people will start to talk!"

after about ten years, grandma starbuck was too old and frail to take care of him so we had to put him in an alzheimer's ward. that could be an interesting place! (not unlike RO....) once my dad was visiting....he was at the nurse's station waiting to speak to one of the nurses when one of the patients on the ward tapped him on the shoulder..."hey buddy," the guy said. "you got two bucks?" "what do you need two bucks for?" my dad replied. "bus fare! me and that guy over there...we're bustin outta this place. we got it all planned out! you can come too if you want!"
[Edited by Starbuck]
31st March 2008 01:39 PM
luxury1 Hang in there nanky. Very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. It's never easy.
31st March 2008 07:14 PM
Riffhard Nanky I am so sorry to hear about your loss my friend. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. I know exactly what you're going through bro. It's not easy, but as you appear to be doing, just keep those great fun filled memories alive. Hang in there Nanky.

Riffy
31st March 2008 08:01 PM
Soldatti Very sad, sorry for your lost.
31st March 2008 09:40 PM
Maxmeister Nanker, I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Rick
31st March 2008 10:01 PM
robpop I lost my mother recently. I know there is nothing I can say. You'll always have the memories.
31st March 2008 10:23 PM
Nellcote I'm walking in these shoes, Nanky.
This vid takes on new meaning every day...

31st March 2008 11:35 PM
parmeda Nanky, honey...
I've made it back to civilization and wanted to check in on you. I sent you off a quick note yesterday morning after LJ called; Poopie and I were literally stepping out for the day. There's no need to reply - I'll give you a call near the end of the week when things have settled down a bit for you.

As I've told you many times before, I'm just a phone call away...hunt me down.

Talk to you soon, babe...I can't wait to hear more stories of this incredible woman! (The female version of Nankiness at its best! Oh my ...)
1st April 2008 01:34 AM
Brainbell Jangler Nanky,
My condolences on your loss. I think I can understand what you're going through, as my dad has suffered from Alzheimer's for about 6 years. He's only 72 and was a healthy, self-employed commercial fisherman just a few years ago. Now he can't feed himself. It's painful to see. You know howe precious the time with loved ones is, while they're living and still cognizant. "Hours are like diamonds; don't let them waste."

Be well.
1st April 2008 06:40 AM
Honky Tonk Man Saddened to read of your loss Nanky
1st April 2008 08:40 AM
Irina
I'm so sorry for Your loss, Nanky
My sincere condolences

Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)