ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Dave Hogan with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: weed Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
17th January 2008 01:35 AM
iluvmickjagger07 why is marijuana illegal? my teacher ironically was discussing how it is not harmful in anyway. cigarettes are mush worse.
i dont do drugs or drink but just curious
17th January 2008 01:40 AM
Dan
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
why is marijuana illegal? my teacher ironically was discussing how it is not harmful in anyway. cigarettes are mush worse.

Not sure how to answer the illegal part because it doesn't make sense. I would say it's not any more harmful than cigarettes or alcohol but also I would say it's naieve or even dishonest to say it's not harmful in any way.
17th January 2008 01:41 AM
zooeyglass Less harmful? About the only thing I remember being taught about pot in school was that one joint was equivalent to an entire pack of cigarettes!

17th January 2008 01:41 AM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Dan wrote:

Not sure how to answer the illegal part because it doesn't make sense. I would say it's not any more harmful than cigarettes or alcohol but also I would say it's naieve or even dishonest to say it's not harmful in any way.

how is it harmful?
17th January 2008 01:45 AM
Dan
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:

how is it harmful?

If you smoke too much, it fucks your head up. Or in other words, the best deterrent against being a 35 year old pot head is hanging out a few hours with a 50 year old pot head. You would just have to smoke lots and lots and lots of it to really understand though.
17th January 2008 05:27 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
it's illegal because the power structures can't control and dominate it.....check out "The Emperor Wears No Clothes"

17th January 2008 09:48 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
why is marijuana illegal? my teacher ironically was discussing how it is not harmful in anyway. cigarettes are mush worse.

Yes alcohol and tobacco are more destructive drugs when abusing of them. Alcohol and opium drugs (heroin and morphine) are drugs which cause physiologic addiction, other drugs like cocaine cause psychological strong addition.

Trust me sweetie, if weed were the legal drug instead of alcohol and tobacco the world would by much much better!
17th January 2008 10:06 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Trust me sweetie, if weed were the legal drug instead of alcohol and tobacco the world would by much much better!

Can't argue with that. I've never seen marijuana make people act aggressive and combative the way they do when they drink alcohol. At the very worst, you might eat too much candy and fall asleep. Like any mind-altering substance though, it's best not to drive while under the influence. As far as adverse effects, it causes chronic forgetfulness, along with a myriad of other things (just Google it - it's all there).

But it makes listening to music so much more enjoyable.

17th January 2008 10:21 AM
Lazy Bones
17th January 2008 10:25 AM
Lazy Bones U.S. warns Canada against easing pot laws

CBC News

A top White House drug policy official is threatening retaliation from the U.S. if Canada relaxes its laws against marijuana possession.

David Murray, right-hand man to U.S. "drug czar" John Walters, says he doesn't want to tread on another country's sovereignty, but warned there would be consequences if Canada proceeds with a plan to decriminalize the possession of marijuana.

"We would have to respond. We would be forced to respond," said Murray.

Murray didn't spell out what the American response would be, but he invoked images of tie-ups at border crossings and intense bureaucracy.

He said if marijuana becomes more widely used in Canada, it could penetrate more widely into the U.S.

Murray tried to express the feeling in the U.S. that looser drug laws go hand-in-hand with an increase in crime and drug addiction among youth, and used some apocalyptic language to do it.

"You can't wall this off saying, 'We're only talking about a little cannabis.' Our experience is they come together like the Four Horsemen," he said.

Murray said Canada's reputation in the global community would be forever altered if it decided to decriminalize pot.

"It's not just Canada's relationship with the United States that would change; it's Canada's relationship with the world," he said.

In fact, many countries, notably in Europe, have already decriminalized marijuana, but none of them share a border with the U.S., where the policy is zero tolerance for smoking pot.
17th January 2008 10:29 AM
Highwire Rob What about strictly in terms of the smoke and adverse effects on the lungs? Is Marijuana any higher a carcinogen than the average cigarette?
17th January 2008 10:34 AM
mrhipfl
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
What about strictly in terms of the smoke and adverse effects on the lungs? Is Marijuana any higher a carcinogen than the average cigarette?

I'm pretty sure it is, but that can all simply be avoided by using a vaporizer. With a vaporizer, you get almost no smoke, only the THC.
17th January 2008 10:40 AM
Joey
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
but just curious

Come to Joeykins .........................
17th January 2008 10:42 AM
Highwire Rob ... ENTER THE POSTER CHILD FOR THIS THREAD!
17th January 2008 10:44 AM
Joey " ... ENTER THE POSTER CHILD FOR THIS THREAD! "

< ---- you bet your sweet bippy Highwire Rob

Oh , Lil' Fella ( Lil' Fijikins ) ........what am I going to DO with you ?! !!!!!!!!!
17th January 2008 11:06 AM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

Come to Joeykins .........................

Lord Vader, the fleet has moved out of lightspeed
17th January 2008 11:28 AM
Brainbell Jangler Recent research indicates that some component of cannabis smoke appears to counteract the carcinogenic effect. A vaporizer is preferable, though. As for 50 year old potheads, I know any number who are successful professionals. Now, a 50 year old drunk . .
17th January 2008 11:52 AM
JohnLeeHacker THE news!
Elixir weed:
(RS-ROH-THC)²
17th January 2008 11:52 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Recent research indicates that some component of cannabis smoke appears to counteract the carcinogenic effect. A vaporizer is preferable, though. As for 50 year old potheads, I know any number who are successful professionals. Now, a 50 year old drunk . .

I have heard of this method for some time now. Is it any easier on the lungs with regards to coughing? If you are vaporizing the weed instead of burning it does this really mean that it is not as carcinogenic?

I used to smoke out of a bong, but the huge hits were really starting to take a toll on the lungs so now I just hit a bowl every now and then. I'd love to try a vaporizer, but I have don't know of anyone that has one. I hear that they are a bit pricey.

Riffy
17th January 2008 11:55 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >I know any number who are successful professionals. Now, a 50 year old drunk . . <

Keith Richards...a successful 60+ year old drunk.

17th January 2008 12:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
why is marijuana illegal?

Google the history of cotton...and that should explain it if you don't mind a tad of research for an hour or two.
17th January 2008 12:17 PM
Some Guy marijuana leads to harder drugs-
being out of marijuana leads to harder drugs.
17th January 2008 12:27 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I have heard of this method for some time now. Is it any easier on the lungs with regards to coughing? If you are vaporizing the weed instead of burning it does this really mean that it is not as carcinogenic?
Riffy

Yes to both questions. It also doesn't even smell like smoke, more like popcorn. They do get pricey for a good one, but they're well worth it. I made one out of a light bulb once, actually. Too bad I don't remember where I hid it.
17th January 2008 12:41 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
What about strictly in terms of the smoke and adverse effects on the lungs? Is Marijuana any higher a carcinogen than the average cigarette?

I think the deal is that your not smoking twenty joints a day which is how many are in a pack of cigs. Cigs also have a lot of chemicals and shit in them that prob makes a cig worse than a joint as far as the lungs go. Cigs are not just straight tobacco.

Also, yesterday I watched the history of pot on the history channel which was quite interesting.
[Edited by TampabayStone]
17th January 2008 12:43 PM
nankerphelge Recent research also indicates that chronic marijuana smoking is linked to certain forms of psychosis and schizophrenia.

It is not.

No, really, I'm not kidding.

You're full of shit.

Why do you always have to get so nasty when I say something?

Well say something correct or normal and I won't have to.

Look I'm just saying ... that what the research show.
I didn't conduct the goddam research.

See...see that...now who is being nasty?

Oh fuck, you you miserable pain in the ass.

17th January 2008 12:46 PM
mojoman dude....where's my car?
17th January 2008 12:48 PM
TampabayStone Eh, about 2:30.

Photobucket
17th January 2008 12:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Recent research also indicates that chronic marijuana smoking is linked to certain forms of psychosis and schizophrenia.

So is watching TV and Posting on Stones boards.
17th January 2008 12:57 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I used to smoke out of a bong, but the huge hits were really starting to take a toll on the lungs so now I just hit a bowl every now and then. I'd love to try a vaporizer, but I have don't know of anyone that has one. I hear that they are a bit pricey.

Riffy

I basically quit smoking weed years ago 'cause my lungs would get so easily thrashed. I was in Amsterdam a few years ago and tried out a vaporizer. All you get is nothing but flavor and pure THC. . .no coughing, no hacking. I highly recommend trying a volcano vaporizer if you can. Available at this fine store: http://www.gotvape.com/
MM
17th January 2008 01:01 PM
monkey_man
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
why is marijuana illegal?

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)