ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

July 14, 1971
Villefranche sur mer, Villa Nellcote, FRANCE
Basement of Keith Richards' house
By Dominique Tarlé

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The horns Return to archive
03-31-04 04:08 PM
sandrew Does anyone else think, like I do, that they should ditch some of the brass section for the next tour? I realize they don't play on every song, but when they do, they dominate.

Also, how 'bout leaving Blondie, Lisa and Bernard at home?

How 'bout replacing Ronnie with Waddy Wachtel?
03-31-04 04:10 PM
jb
03-31-04 04:11 PM
sandrew I take that as a yes on all counts.
03-31-04 04:13 PM
Bloozehound Absolutely, no more horns!

____

[Edited by Bloozehound]
03-31-04 04:14 PM
jb
quote:
sandrew wrote:
I take that as a yes on all counts.

yES...
03-31-04 04:37 PM
LadyJane Replace Woody with Waddy Wachtel???

********************blank friggin' stare*******************

I'm so sick of Ronnie not getting ANY respect!

LJ.
03-31-04 04:41 PM
Gazza Damn right, LJ. We can't have the Stones getting a reputation as endorsing kiddy-fiddling. Especially with Bill being long gone. What next? Gary Glitter to replace Mick on vocals and R.Kelly drafted in to replace Bernard?
04-01-04 01:16 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan Ok How Bout replacing Mick wit Kid Rock???? hahahahaha Sorry I had to say it lmao .......We could get rid of the wrinkles for the NOSE.. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Peace
04-01-04 08:12 AM
T&A they will and should keep the horns - vital to the sound of the band. I suppose you'd like the horns scrubbed from your copies of EOMS too?
04-01-04 08:55 AM
scratched Leave the horns but get rid of The Three Tops. Keep Ronnie (am I the only one here who thinks he's a good guitarist?). Keep Chuck but lets have a whip-round to buy him a real piano. PayPal anyone?
04-01-04 09:27 AM
sandrew Love the EOMS horns, but on the '72-73 tour, I love the lack of them even more. Two horn players is plenty; they don't need the five-man Vegas section.
04-01-04 12:53 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Riff-Hard-Fan wrote:
Ok How Bout replacing Mick wit Kid Rock???? hahahahaha Sorry I had to say it lmao .......We could get rid of the wrinkles for the NOSE.. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Peace

I think you're on to something.
04-02-04 02:34 AM
MidnightRambler Agree!

But...it'll never happen. Charlie would probably feel offended if they got rid of them. I know he's probably a strong supporter of them cuz of his love for jazz. Keith, I have a feeling has grown a great fondness to them considering he didn't think twice about putting them to use in out of all songs........"THRU AND THRU"!! What the hell?? No horns there!! I absoloutely HATE the horns during the warhorses...they think that just because the show is ending they have to have horns everywhere. During JJF, BS and Satisfaction...UGHGHHGHGHGUGHGHGH. It's disgusting. Tumblin Dice is the only that needs it.
I can't believe they didn't add horns to Start me up...
04-02-04 04:33 AM
FotiniD I've been praying for the horns to go home for ages.

No offense, those guys are great, but it really messes up the Stones sound - I mean, they're a whole orchestra up there.

As Gollum would say, "give it to us raw". It's about time!

(But I'm not holding my breath)
04-02-04 02:17 PM
Poplar
keep them - but use them sparingly.
04-02-04 02:18 PM
Poplar
this is just an avatar check.
damn these things.
04-02-04 04:36 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Replace Woody with Waddy Wachtel???

********************blank friggin' stare*******************

I'm so sick of Ronnie not getting ANY respect!

LJ.

Put respect aside, just think what a Stones' show would be like if Ronnie was given full reign of playing how he can! Let's face it, Ronnie has the greatest, remaining musical talent of the bunch.

Let go the leash...