ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

July 14, 1971
Villefranche sur mer, Villa Nellcote, FRANCE
Basement of Keith Richards' house
By Dominique Tarlé

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith & Clapton: Live at the Ritz 1986 ?? Return to archive
03-30-04 07:19 AM
albert Hi there,

a friend of me showed a double live cd (boot?) of Eric Clapton & Keith Richards titled Live at the Rits. Hope I remembered the date correct: 23-11-1986.

Does anyone have any information about this?

thanx,
Albert
Holland
03-30-04 07:39 AM
J.J.Flash The first time I heard about it, I was thrilled with the possiblity of Clapton and Keef playing together, after years. I thought this boot was named "Blood Brothers" or something like that. I know that they play 2 songs together, I think Layla and Sunshine of Your Love. Can you imagine the king of riff, riffing hard on Sunshine of Your Love?

Also, the only thing I am sure about this bootleg is that I want it.

Cheers!
03-30-04 08:08 AM
T&A nice soundboard - but Keith's contributions are quite minimal...only for completists....
03-30-04 09:14 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
T&A wrote:
nice soundboard - but Keith's contributions are quite minimal...only for completists....

What do you mean? Keith's guitar is "inaudible" in this one?
03-30-04 10:45 AM
UGot2Rollme there's also a recording of Keith guesting with Clapton on "Cocaine" - not one of Keith's better moments on stage..
03-30-04 12:05 PM
serge grange [quote]J.J.Flash wrote:
. I thought this boot was named "Blood Brothers" or something like that. I know that they play 2 songs together, I think Layla and Sunshine of Your Love. Can you imagine the king of riff, riffing hard on Sunshine of Your Love?

Also, the only thing I am sure about this bootleg is that I want it.

hi all
on the bootleg "blood brothers" at the ritz on 23/11/1986
keith went to play layla & cocaine no "sunshine of your love"
serge
03-30-04 12:17 PM
Jumacfly Keith prestation on "Cocaine" (avaible on the great "Stripped and Naked" TCB 'Boot) is quite poor...if I remember correctly Clapton 's playing is quite loud and Keef riffes are thiner than dumb and dumber both brains.
I got an audience recording, may be if one of you got a sbd one he could help us about Keef performance on this...

Cheers
JU
03-30-04 02:05 PM
Saint Sway the story I recall hearing about this show was that Keith came thru the entrance of the old Ritz and made his way thru the crowd and went up onstage and played Layla and Cocaine with Eric
03-30-04 04:23 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the story I recall hearing about this show was that Keith came thru the entrance of the old Ritz and made his way thru the crowd and went up onstage and played Layla and Cocaine with Eric

03-30-04 04:43 PM
glencar Keith likes Clapton? I thought he hated him.
03-31-04 08:11 AM
T&A KR's not inaudible - just that he doesn't play much and what he does play doesn't impress....
03-31-04 08:30 AM
J.J.Flash Ok, thanks T&A!