ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

July 14, 1971
Villefranche sur mer, Villa Nellcote, FRANCE
Basement of Keith Richards' house
By Dominique Tarlé

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Let it Bleed doco PLEASE HELP Return to archive
03-29-04 03:42 PM
masoudi Hi all

I saw the top five dvd list and saw Jumpin Jack had Let it bleed doco amongst his dvd's.

I got this great doco sent to me on video but it is the german version. This means they speak all over the english word so you cant understand anything. I understand the french one just has subtitles.

Does anyone have this doco on dvd with subtitles. I have a pretty good list of boot dvd's. The main one of interest for some of you is one ive got which has all the stones interviews and footage from their aussie tours 73, 95 and 03. This includes great footage from the 73 tour. I also have some footage of mick when he toured here in 85 with a very cool interview.

If you have the let it bleed doc and are keen to burn one and swap for somethign I have or some other deal then please reply

Email me at

[email protected]

Thanks Brendon
03-29-04 03:46 PM
marko i don´t have that one,but trades would be welcome.
03-29-04 06:17 PM
glencar I have "Let It Bleed" in English. It's quite good. Does the German version have people speaking in English originally?
03-29-04 07:51 PM
Gazza yes. It was originally broadcast on ARTE, which is a joint German and French channel - each broadcast it with their own language overdubbed for the most part, although i think there were some subtitles.

I taped it off the French Arte channel when it was shown originally. I'd love to see the original non-dubbed version. I think it's the best Stones documentary ever made but then those two Austrian (?) guys who made it have done other Stones specials and theyre always excellent.

That opening montage of Jumpin Jack Flash is jaw-dropping.
03-29-04 09:24 PM
masoudi I see Glencar has a copy in english. How can I organise to get a copy from you??

The german copy still has the english word with the german over top so its pretty much muffled out. I agree it is up there with the best doco I have seen.

I didnt realise the doco also came out only in english. I thought it was just released in german/french. Please let me know more!!

Please reply privatly Glencar to

[email protected]
03-30-04 01:21 PM
Gazza I dont think it was ever broadcast in English as it was only shown in France and Germany. maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

English language copies (director's copies if you like) do exist because Stonesdoug was interviewed for it and they sent him a copy of the special as it would have been BEFORE it was overdubbed. Copies of this version are in circulation.
03-30-04 08:40 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Copies of this version are in circulation.

any chance of circulating that one some more..?
03-30-04 09:19 PM
Gazza I dont have it myself - just the French version (and it would be PAL anyway!)
04-01-04 04:30 AM
BillyBoll I've got a copy, in English, on DVD. I am hoping to get a DVD writer this weekend, so when/if I get it all sorted out I would be willing to do a few copies.

04-01-04 04:48 AM
MRD8 A friend of mine in Virginia is authoring a 3DVD set from StonesDoug's video master of the Let It Bleed documentary...it'll have a menu and chapters...I have a copy on one DVD that was done on a standalone unit, doesn't have a menu or chapters but it is only on one DVD...if somebody here wants to tree it I'll send them a seed copy...