ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

July 14, 1971
Villefranche sur mer, Villa Nellcote, FRANCE
Basement of Keith Richards' house
By Dominique Tarlé

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in Argentina: 2005 - 2006 Return to archive
03-28-04 05:44 PM
Soldatti According to the main producer of the shows here (the same that carried the Stones on 1995 and 1998) said that the band will go to Argentina by the end of 2005 or beginning 2006.
This means that the tour will start on 2005.

mmmmmm.....
03-28-04 05:57 PM
gotdablouse Good, more time to produce a decent studio album rather than do a rush job!
03-28-04 06:41 PM
ThatsWhatISay So according to what we've heard about the upcoming tour in 2005, is there any chance the Stones might come to Europe again?? What do u think?? It would be a tragedy if not!!!
03-28-04 07:17 PM
J.J.Flash Well, Brazil, Mexico and Chile will be on the way for sure, if that's true. I know that waiting till' then will be an eternity.
03-28-04 07:30 PM
MRD8 So far the only country that appears to be left off of the next tour will be Australia...hate to be the beaerer of bad news!
03-28-04 07:41 PM
J.J.Flash I doubt they will leave Australia aside, if my opinion makes you felling better.
03-28-04 07:47 PM
Gazza >So according to what we've heard about the upcoming tour in 2005, is there any chance the Stones might come to Europe again?? What do u think?? It would be a tragedy if not!!!

of course they will. Everything points to Europe for summer 2005.

If theyre doing North America and Japan prior to that however and Latin America afterwards (or before, depending on what source you believe) I dont think there'll be as many shows this time however if they're going to do all that inside one year.

The days of doing two shows on successive nights are gone for good. Admittedly they didnt do it that often in 2002-2003 but Mick now knows his voice cant take the rigours of doing that - which is why they changed the dates of a couple of back to back shows towards the end of the last European tour.

Expect future tours to be shorter and down to maybe 3 shows a week but happily with less large gaps of inactivity in between. They know that at this stage they can't just take 3-4 years off between tours anymore.
03-29-04 12:39 AM
Madafaka I hope so... I do not get tired of waiting.
03-29-04 05:48 AM
Moonisup true gazza, and they will keep on touring as long as they can handle it, or different said: as long as mick can, we all now by now, keith has on and off nights
03-29-04 06:54 AM
ThatsWhatISay @Gazza As far as I remember you were the source saying something like fans from Europe would have to travel to America to see the Stones...and something like ticket prices for the Stones are similar to the costs of a transatlantic flight. So I thought this tour would only hit America and European fans have to fly overseas.

But fortunately I misunderstood you :-)
[Edited by ThatsWhatISay]
03-29-04 05:13 PM
Gazza >@Gazza As far as I remember you were the source saying something like fans from Europe would have to travel to America to see the Stones...and something like ticket prices for the Stones are similar to the costs of a transatlantic flight. So I thought this tour would only hit America and European fans have to fly overseas.
But fortunately I misunderstood you :-)

I think you did! I did make that remark about the ticket prices but not the first one. That was probably JB

03-29-04 06:15 PM
glencar Why would they bother with Argentina? They should just do more shows in NY!
03-29-04 07:34 PM
LadyJane Whatever happened to the intel that they would do a few dates in the US in Sept '04 and So. America in Oct-Nov '04?

Any updates????

LJ.
03-29-04 07:59 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
glencar wrote:
Why would they bother with Argentina? They should just do more shows in NY!

LOL
hahahahaha, one more funny joke! I love it, yes I do!

Don't misinterpret me Glencar, but I know what you want. It's so simple. What Glencar wants is exactly to pretend to be JB or Joey. My fellow Glencar, you are acting. Of course that's it. Some time ago, Joey stated something like that, something like "why the Stones included Singapore, China, Japan, whatever, instead of peforming more dates inside US, performing at small country cities of US". I must dig into the archives.

I really don't want to fight with you, because in fact I know you are a good guy, always trying to give us a laugh and particularly, I don't have nothing against you. And, if you really want to know the truth, I really enjoy your posts.

So, PLEASE, I hope nobody felt bad with his comment, and if so, don't say not a fuckin' word, because we are not here to fight every time somebody gives a silly comment. Of course, Glencar didn't want to offend anybody, I know he didn't. He just said that to keep the flood of ANGRY replies coming. Am I wrong Glenc?

So, Fuck Up Brazil, Fuck Up Argentina, Fuck Up Mexico, Fuck Up Chile, Fuck Up Uruguai, Fuck Up the whole South America, the lawless region. Because Stones are for wealthy lawyers, wealthy undertakers, models, actress, Whoopi Goll,berg for the famous and well succesful people of the "Big Apple's" High Society. Why should they care about Argentina?

I am not offending you Glencar, I am chit-chatting. So, I just hope you don't start hating this poor South American beggar. As I said, I don't want nobody start yelling at you, nor hating you, because you just said something really funny.

Nipples using the keyboard, emoticons, animated gifs, visual pollution, post counting race, Kid Rock, only at Rocks Off!

BTW, following this policy, why should the Stones play more for your fat arses in the Big Apple?

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY

Developing.....

Stones rule you bastard!

J. the Flashy

******* END OF TRANSMISSION ******************
03-29-04 09:00 PM
corgi37 What a bizarre post? Love it. But, typical of the greedy, old, rich, wrinkled pricks, they leave out Australia. Bloody has-beens. Bastards. I hate them.

P.S. If they do tour here, please disregard all of the above.
03-29-04 09:56 PM
Madafaka LOL! Fausto, your best post EVER! Excellent reply. You made me laugh a lot!
Obrigado!
03-30-04 12:59 PM
J.J.Flash Oh, how are you Max? What about your annual visits here?
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
03-30-04 04:03 PM
Joey

03-30-04 04:41 PM
glencar JJ Flash, of course I was joking. I'm glad you have a sense of humor. While I doubt I'd go down there to see a show, I'm sure they'll play enough up here to satisfy the American fans.
03-31-04 01:26 AM
Madafaka Fausto, this year I did not have time to visit your spectacular country. I am with a lot of work. The advertising is remaining with all my free time. The only thing that I could do is to watch on tv the carnival of RIO and SP.
Probably in October have to travel to NYC for work, of being like that I will take a few days to rest in Brazil.
I am still laughing at your previous post.

All the best,

Max.-
03-31-04 02:41 PM
glencar October in NYC? Give us a call!
03-31-04 03:30 PM
jb My sources as of today have still not confirmed any South American appearences....don't count your chickens, before they hatch.

[Edited by jb]
03-31-04 04:05 PM
Joey

04-01-04 02:29 AM
Madafaka Of course Glencar!