ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

July 14, 1971
Villefranche sur mer, Villa Nellcote, FRANCE
Basement of Keith Richards' house
By Dominique Tarlé

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie's New Album cover is Funny beacause of it's Femininity.......From Ian Return to archive
03-28-04 02:59 AM
IanBillen
lol, I just checked out our Ronnie's new album cover. How funny it is. It is so feminine it makes you laugh. The way he is dressed and looking. I would say it is just the English in him. No offense to anyone English of coarse. The English men are seemingly more elegant and womanly acting at times than American men or even Europeons for that matter. Not meaning English men are gay or anything along those lines. I have a little English in me and I mean no dis-respect the the U.K. folks at all. It is just kinda funny. Ronnie has alot of will and optimism which he needs at times. Bless him.
-We are here for ya Ronnie-
Ian
03-28-04 06:53 PM
gotdablouse WTF are you on ?!
03-28-04 07:06 PM
polksalad69
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

lol, I just checked out our Ronnie's new album cover. How funny it is. It is so feminine it makes you laugh. The way he is dressed and looking. I would say it is just the English in him. No offense to anyone English of coarse. The English men are seemingly more elegant and womanly acting at times than American men or even Europeons for that matter. Not meaning English men are gay or anything along those lines. I have a little English in me and I mean no dis-respect the the U.K. folks at all. It is just kinda funny. Ronnie has alot of will and optimism which he needs at times. Bless him.
-We are here for ya Ronnie-
Ian

Jon Langford said you don't have to ask the men from the UK in his band to wear a dress but the Americans...
03-29-04 03:24 AM
IanBillen
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
WTF are you on ?!

I saw a post at Shadoobie with an album by Ronnie
that is said to have been released mostly in Europe and the
U.K. It is of older live tracks I guess. The post
had the album cover. Why am I missing something here?
Ian
03-29-04 03:35 PM
gotdablouse Well that's not exactly what the title of your thread implies right...I don't think that qualifies as Ronnie's "new" album from...Ian! Probably some el cheapo cashing in. In fact I have a German double-LP with Ronnie's first two LPs where he's made up like a woman, likely that same old picture they used!
03-29-04 03:37 PM
gotdablouse Here you go

[Edited by gotdablouse]
03-29-04 05:41 PM
BILL PERKS THAT PIC IS FROM THE EARLY-MID 80'S SEE GUITAR WORLD FEB 85.
03-29-04 05:49 PM
gotdablouse Quite likely, but that's the only one I know of that fits the "feminine" description.
[Edited by gotdablouse]
03-29-04 06:11 PM
glencar Does Ronnie have new stuff coming out? I thought he was busy working on others' stuff.
03-29-04 06:30 PM
gotdablouse No look above, it's nothing new, just some el cheapo compilation, I think Ian was pulling our leg on this one, at least I hope so!
03-29-04 10:00 PM
Bloozehound It would seem ian thinks ronnie looks like a girl in that pic.

[Edited by Bloozehound]
03-29-04 11:11 PM
IanBillen
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
No look above, it's nothing new, just some el cheapo compilation, I think Ian was pulling our leg on this one, at least I hope so!

-I wasn't pulling anybodies leg. The pics you have shown is what Ronnie was wearing but it is not that particular pic. There is a new compilation out called "1234" I think.
There is no girl in the pic on the album cover and Ronnie is posing quite differently. It is from that same photo shoot however. Those are the same exact clothes.
Ian
03-29-04 11:24 PM
Bloozehound here ya go

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDSUB020403282012381669&sql=Aea3gtq6zzu47

03-30-04 03:46 AM
IanBillen [quote]Bloozehound wrote:
here ya go

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&uid=UIDSUB020403282012381669&sql=Aea3gtq6zzu47

-Thanks Much-
The album is called "Always Wanted More". They were
saying on Shadoobie something about it being called
"1234". Thank you for clearing this up. It was
released in April 2003. I should of posted here to
find out the...."Low Down"<(Pun Intended).
Thanks again for finding it for us.
Appreciated,
Ian