ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

July 14, 1971
Villefranche sur mer, Villa Nellcote, FRANCE
Basement of Keith Richards' house
By Dominique Tarlé

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pick 3 songs Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-28-04 02:18 PM
beer
quote:
T&A wrote:
couple of things regarding Slave:

1) jagger opted out last time - didn't like the rap-vocal thing. not sure why he'd change his mind.

2) those who thought FF version of Slave sounded good - watch/listen again - the Stones are barely able to function. What sounds good is the actual album version of the song playing in the background.

How do you know he didn't like the vocal part?

Are you sure about that? the album of Slave was playing? i'll have to watch Four Flicks again.
03-28-04 03:05 PM
stewed & Keefed Citadel

Sway

Down In The Hole
03-28-04 04:01 PM
Factory Girl My hopeful picks:

1. Monkey Man (done right!)
2. Let It Loose/Loving Cup/Factory Girl/Faraway Eyes
03-28-04 04:14 PM
J.J.Flash Great topic!

Tough question to think about.

I'd say Sway, for sure....Down in the hole, though I know that playing this song would be a utopia. I would love to listen to them, and Bye Bye Johnny, but the energy will never be the same as in 72 or 73, with Taylor and Keef deep on fire. Even Woody sober, more focused into his techniques of guitar playing, I know the energy for Bye Bye Johnny will never be the same, it's obvious and I don't blame Woody for this, maybe I would blame Keith.

[Edited by J.J.Flash]
03-28-04 10:09 PM
BILL PERKS SITTIN ON A FENCE
DEAR DOCTOR
SLAVE
03-29-04 12:43 AM
T&A remember hearing it from a roadie when I asked 'em if we'd hear Slave - said Mick couldn't get the vocal down and was not interested anymore. yeah, watch the FF closely and you'll see what I mean - keith can't figure out the riff.
03-29-04 01:24 AM
FPM C10 "Have You Seen Your Mother Baby" - I disagree that this is well-known enough to open with, though. I put it in the same category with '97's game stab at "19th Nervous Breakdown" - it'll be a near-train wreck, I'll love it, and they'll drop it early in the tour.

"Who's Drivin' Yer Plane?" - I just love this song. They'll never do it. Maybe I should vote for "Flight 505" instead - they've actually rehearsed that.

"Rollin' Stone Blues" - now how great would THIS be for an opener? Unless they decide to retire - then it should be the last thing they play.
03-29-04 09:10 PM
corgi37 I've said this before, but WE LOVE YOU should be tried out. You can tell it has the potential to be a real heavy live song. Could be a cool excuse to play a slightly trippy song, laden with heavy synths, "metal" guitar, heart stopping distorted bass and towards the end, Charlie going a little crazy. Well, for Charlie. I'm not kidding, i can see and hear it in my mind. So, i change my list to be: Sway (Wow, i really thought i was the only guy in the world who liked that song. Surely, that track is amongst one of the most popular of RO people. Certainly amongst the top of "forgotten" tracks), We Love You and Cocksucker Blues.
03-29-04 09:43 PM
Bloozehound Can you imagine Mick and Keith doing "cocksucker blues" on some b-stage in front of 100,000 people LOL

That'll be the day.

[Edited by Bloozehound]
03-29-04 10:43 PM
voodoopug Slave
Sway
She Was Hot
03-29-04 10:45 PM
voodoopug Also,

I forgot, i would have to place Flight 505 at the top of that list too
03-29-04 10:57 PM
BILL PERKS ONE OF THE MOST FRUSTRATING THINGS ABOUT THIS BAND IS THEIR INABILITY TO RECAPTURE GUITAR SOUNDS FROM EARLIER RECORDINGS...I KNOW THERE ARE MANY FACTORS THAT GO INTO THAT BUT SLAVE ON FF IS A GOOD EXAMPLE.THE GUITARS WERE NONEXISTENT.
04-01-04 09:27 AM
corgi37 That might have something to do with Towneshend not being there.
04-02-04 12:41 AM
Child of the Moon Child of the Moon (of course!)
We Love You
Little T&A
Page: 1 2