ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

July 14, 1971
Villefranche sur mer, Villa Nellcote, FRANCE
Basement of Keith Richards' house
By Dominique Tarlé

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sorry, drunk again and in love with the Stones Return to archive
03-27-04 10:57 PM
Steel Wheels Christ, who's better than the ROLLING STONES?

I'm always hearing voices on the street....

Such a brilliant, radiant, and electrifying energy from Mick, Keef, Charlie and company. It's unlike anything else that was created in the 20th century.

I wait with baited breathe for new ROLLING STONES. They've been the greatest since before time, and new music is much needed. Screw the naysayers who trash talk the band.

I fell for them in 89. I was a young thug. They kicked my brains inside out. Guitars, drums, dancing, loud vocals. It's the ROLLING STONES and if you don't like it, get bent.

Who likes to dance? No one dances better or more passionately that I when I hear STONES music. I am the King of my patented Stones-Two-Step. I dance circles around anyone, anytime of day.

I dance out of sheer love of the band. It's my way of giving back to these superstars. Any given night, any time of year, I can be found two-steping around like a loon.

And really, any good rock tune from a new band borrows from the STONES. Jet's great, but Honkey Tonk is all over their 2nd sincgle.

I don't know how much I drank, but I only know I had to get back here so I couldn enjoy the wonderful harmony of the ROLLING STONES and soak up the infectious joy they give me.

Who else feels the engery? I'm HAPPY! COme on now, keep me happy!

What am I doing standing here onthe corner of west 8th street and 6th avenue?

Keith, whatchu doing?

Get up, get out, get into something new.

There are two lines in my world. One line is for fans of the STONES, the 2nd is for everyone else.

They're the greatest. So in tune with each other, so joyful, so righton the money.

GOD BLESS THE ROLLING STONES.

03-27-04 11:07 PM
Gimme Shelter RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-27-04 11:15 PM
Bloozehound i second that emotion

right on!!!!!!!

03-27-04 11:16 PM
Steel Wheels I don't lie - they weave their magic. It's black voodoo magic.

Where's Charlie?

He's busy smacking the shit out of the drums. I love Charlie Watts. So proper. He's so "Hello, I'm Mr. Watts."

In reality he's busy making the heartbeat of the world follow his lead.

All day Monday and all day Tuesday....I'll come to your emotional rescue...

I love how these cats have such an arrogance about themselves - Mick feels it's his back up band, Charlie feels it's himself that leads them, Keef Riffhard is of the impression he is the glue.

Meanwhile it's all a menacing black voodoo that takes over onstage. They are my rock and roll band. They are the ONLY rock and roll band.

Stones music fuels passions and fullfills dreams.

03-27-04 11:17 PM
LadyJane Nice to know I'm in good company, SW!!

"'They' are simply.."The Best".

Hmmm..time for Complete Licks!

LJ.
03-27-04 11:24 PM
beer
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Christ, who's better than the ROLLING STONES?

I'm always hearing voices on the street....

Rocks Off is one of the best songs they ever recorded. but i don't think it ever worked out as well live. it's got that really weird middle part where it slows down and almost sounds psychadelic. then it fuckin kicks right back into gear with one of Jagger's best lyrics: "The sunshine bores the daylights outta me, chasin shadows moonlight mystery!"
i love that part.

"zippin through the days at lightnin' speed" ...Indeed.

03-27-04 11:24 PM
Steel Wheels Lady Jane,

You are on my mind...

Are you as attractive as I imagined?

Do you like to dance to Stones music?

What's the one song that you RULE when you dance?

They call me the White Wedding Wonder when I take to the floor in defense of my crown.
03-28-04 08:11 AM
LadyJane LMAO.

SW...you are gonna be soooooooooo hungover.

You flatter me with your comments.

Of course I like to dance to the Stones. How can one NOT??

My favorite.....Hmmmmmm.....have to be Honky Tonk Women. I do a mean bump and grind.

LJ.
03-29-04 11:39 AM
Scottfree You need'nt apologize......
03-29-04 11:45 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey Steel Wheels, you rock!!! I was off-line the whole weekend so I couldn't reply on.time he he
03-30-04 08:03 AM
Factory Girl Hey Steel Wheelies, you are a righteous dude! That was a mighty fine post! One of my favorite Stones tunes would have to be Monkey Man!!!