ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

July 14, 1971
Villefranche sur mer, Villa Nellcote, FRANCE
Basement of Keith Richards' house
By Dominique Tarlé

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SXSW Return to archive Page: 1 2
03-26-04 11:31 AM
Nellcote One week ago, touched down in Central Texas to visit my patent atty friend, whom I grew up with. Told him that part of my stay was to attend the super music fesitval in Austin, now in it's 18th year. Austin is alive with music, especially during this terrific gathering. From Wednesday to Sunday, non stop rock & roll of all varieties and flavors. Bands perform inside bars, outside bars with BBQ on the grill, in record stores, bands play 45 min sets, from 12P to 3A daily. Caught in the action...

Kris Kristopherson x2 (one a surpise show)
Toots & The Maytals
Patricia Vonne (catch her, she's , well WICKED PISSA!)
and, last bu not least...

IAN MCLAGAN!

Met himself @ his gig At the famous Continental Club Sat @ 12AM. Great 45 min set, played most of his super new lp "Rise & Shine" and two Faces chestnuts, "Cindy Incidentally" and a super "You're So Rude" Stood front row, next to a chap from Oregon whom saw the Stones @ Roseland & Wiltern, so it was old home week.

I did not even scratch the surface of shows @ SXSW, thus the reason I'm planning to make tracks to this great gig next year.

And, if you are in Austin today, MAC is live @ the super Waterloo Records at 5PM

BE THERE!!
03-26-04 11:33 AM
jb
03-26-04 11:40 AM
Sir Stonesalot Nelly...I now officially hate you.

I have always dreamed of hitting SXSW.

Someday.
03-26-04 11:42 AM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Nelly...I now officially hate you.

Someday.

03-26-04 11:44 AM
Martha Nellcote, I officially love you!!!!

Sounds like you had a gas gas gas!

xxoo,
Martha
03-26-04 11:44 AM
Nellcote SS- Field Trip for '05!
I got my permission slip already..
03-26-04 12:09 PM
Joey

03-26-04 12:11 PM
jb
03-26-04 12:12 PM
Joey

03-26-04 12:21 PM
jb
03-26-04 12:52 PM
Hannalee BBC Radio2 and 6 Music based a lot of last week's shows there. You can still catch Mac's interview with Mark Lamarr online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/southby...ters/mark.shtml if you hurry. It was quite funny, especially when they got on to Rod's recent recordings...
03-26-04 02:27 PM
polksalad69 Anyone see any of the Bloodshot bands?
03-26-04 02:40 PM
Nellcote Hey;

I tried to catch Graham Parker, however, we were at the Mclagan gig, and it was at the same time. Parker's new disc is good btw...
03-26-04 02:41 PM
jb
03-26-04 05:42 PM
Joey
03-26-04 05:44 PM
Joey

03-26-04 07:36 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey;

I tried to catch Graham Parker, however, we were at the Mclagan gig, and it was at the same time. Parker's new disc is good btw...

Cool, looking forward to it.
03-26-04 08:28 PM
mac_daddy did you catch Ozomatli? Apparently, they threw down...

They are a hometown fave of mine - I used to love going to see them @ the Dragonfly here in the 'wood.

_____

I see Joey has found one of my old emoticon emporiums. there are certainly some good ones there, amigo

[Edited by mac_daddy]
03-26-04 10:12 PM
Cardinal Fang
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

Someday.

I have always dreamed of PLAYING SXSW.
SheRat's band should really play that gig too.

Later, Jimmy
03-27-04 02:11 AM
Dan Throwrag played there too, they rule.
03-28-04 07:25 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Dan wrote:
Throwrag played there too, they rule.

Hell yeah, Throw Rag is great. Got some photos of them when they opened for SSK.

http://community.webshots.com/album/73471351uokMeZ

Found these on the web from SXSW.
http://www.undergroundbee.com/sxsw2004pix.htm
03-29-04 05:42 AM
luxury1 Nelly!! Hey --you seem to be enjoying life of late--good for you!
I saw Toots in NYC this past Sat. night. He had all the crazed college kids in their flip flops get on stage with him, doing all these chants, jumping up and down. I felt a bit like I was in Animal House. I think I am getting old and farty or something. But Irving Plaze theatre is a really cool, funky space.
03-29-04 09:48 AM
nankerphelge "I think I am getting old and farty or something."

Getting????
03-29-04 10:45 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Wow!!! Nankerphelge is just 17 posts away from 4000. Impressive.(It makes me feels so inadaquate and humbled though.) This indeed is a milestone worthy of a day off.
03-29-04 10:50 AM
nankerphelge Most of them are Newcastle testimonials!!
03-29-04 10:56 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Most of them are Newcastle testimonials!!

That's it. I'm taking the day off and drinking. (winter is real rough on me. Cabin fever nearly killed me this year).
03-29-04 10:58 AM
nankerphelge Please proceed immediately to the drinking thread!
03-29-04 03:29 PM
Dan Awesome pictures Polksalad69

I think a boot just surfaced of that particular show but I dont have it yet, might get it soon and pass it along to the band (they collect their own bootlegs).
03-29-04 03:42 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:
Awesome pictures Polksalad69

I think a boot just surfaced of that particular show but I dont have it yet, might get it soon and pass it along to the band (they collect their own bootlegs).

03-29-04 03:57 PM
polksalad69
quote:
Dan wrote:
Awesome pictures Polksalad69

Thanks. That's good to know they are pro-taper.
Page: 1 2