ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

July 14, 1971
Villefranche sur mer, Villa Nellcote, FRANCE
Basement of Keith Richards' house
By Dominique Tarlé

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hey, Nanky... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-29-04 03:29 PM
Joey

Nanky ........................................

I am STILL worried about your drinking !

03-29-04 05:08 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:

I wonder if Dylan can perform " Blind Willie McTell " better than Mick Taylor's sizzling rendition ?

Well, that depends what your criteria for "better" is. If it's a wailing vibrato, then no. If it has anything to do with retaining the girlish figure of your heyday, then Bob wins. Also, if it hinges on how well your back-up musicians play the bazouki, again, ya gotta go with Zimmie.

I've always wondered exactly why Mick The Quitter adopted that song - he played on the sessions for Infidels, and Blind Willie McTell is an out-take from that under-rated masterpiece. (Att jb - Dylan was a Jew at the time of the recording! "Neighborhood Bully" is about Israel!) But Mick didn't play on it. You'd think he'd pick "Jokerman" or something he actually performed on.

Who sings "Blind Willie" for him when he performs it?

I think it's funny that L'il Mick's set usually includes "Goin' South", since that's what his career's been doing since 1974!

Who you callin' 'Tubby'??
03-29-04 06:12 PM
Joey " I think it's funny that L'il Mick's set usually includes "Goin' South", since that's what his career's been doing since 1974! "

Mick's Band does one Hell of a rendition of " Going South " in concert -- it gives each individual member a chance to shine ( Max Middleton is Joey's favorite ) .

Oh , and " Giddy Up " is a compelling and illuminating tune ..................agreed ?!?!

I sure wish I had a CD Burner ............." Sweden '00 " is a MUST for Everyone ! Damn !!!!!

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Jersee !

Page: 1 2 3