ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

July 14, 1971
Villefranche sur mer, Villa Nellcote, FRANCE
Basement of Keith Richards' house
By Dominique Tarlé

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: say a prayer for a die hard stones fan Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-22-04 07:33 AM
Bob Tamp Matt just turned 39 years old. As of Monday morning, he is still fighting so your prayers are working.
03-22-04 07:41 AM
Factory Girl Thanks Bob. I just emailed him the good wishes. At 39, he's a Stonesian baby! Keep fighting, Riffy64!
03-22-04 07:50 AM
egon life can be a bitch.

hang in there matt and get well!!!

all the best wishes from egon
03-22-04 08:11 AM
Mr Jimmy I'm new to your community, so Matt probably doesn't know me, but I figure I have a connection to any and every fellow Stones fan. So for any positive that can come from it, I wish him all the power he needs to fight on.
03-22-04 08:26 AM
Honky Tonk Man Best wishes to you and your family Matt.

Alex
03-22-04 09:50 AM
Jumacfly Hang on Matt, we re with you.

JU
03-22-04 10:34 AM
jb Very sorry to hear this...get well soon and god bless.
03-22-04 10:51 AM
Lazy Bones Get well soon, Matt. You're in my prayers.
03-22-04 10:58 AM
West 8 From one Stones fan to another May you get well soon and "may the good Lord shine a light on you."
03-22-04 02:42 PM
padre 39? That's nothing! You really can not leave that early. Get well and don't give up. Riff hard.
03-22-04 02:49 PM
Joey

I will say a prayer for him immediately !!!!!!!!!
03-22-04 04:44 PM
Gazza Just got back from a weekend away to read this awful piece of news.

I've traded with Matt a couple of times and he's a really nice guy. This is quite a shock

hang in there, mate - we're all rooting for you.
03-22-04 06:13 PM
NHStonesfan From a Fellow NH 39 year old Stones Fan

My prayers are with you Matt

Next year's tour needs you
03-22-04 06:23 PM
Martha I want to thank you Bob Tamp for posting about Matty today and letting us all know that he is hanging in there. GREAT NEWS!

Does Matty have walking pneumonia? You can get walking pneumonia and not even know it until it gets VERY serious. I've had it once..very strange, like nothing else I've ever been ill with. Didn't feel sick really, but knew something wasn't right because I was tired and somewhat short of breath, but not enough to realize I was so ill. After talking to a friend, who mentioned walking pnuemonia and told me what those symptoms are, something inside clicked and I went to the ER. I had it in just one lung. Takes 2 months to recover fully. It really drains you.

Keep hanging in there Matt! We're all pulling real hard for you!!!

with lots of love and prayers to you and yours,
Martha
03-22-04 07:38 PM
Riff-Hard-Fan We are still praying for you Riffhard64 ....Hope you are doing much better today! Keep fighting Riffhard!
03-22-04 10:25 PM
Scottfree There are never too many Riff-Hards, God-speed.......
03-23-04 08:14 AM
scope I join my fellow Ro'ers in praying for a speedy and full recovery. Get yer ass back on this board Matt!
03-23-04 01:27 PM
doo doo doo Dude Thoughts and prayers go out to you Riffhard64.
03-23-04 02:15 PM
Ruby Tuesday I don´t know Matt, but anyway - I wish him a fast recovery, so I may get a chance to meet him someday!
03-23-04 02:43 PM
Rolling Hansie I am really very sorry to hear about this sad news. My thoughts are with you man.
03-23-04 04:55 PM
Bob Tamp
Thanks goes out to everyone for all their prayers. I think its working because Matt is still with us. His mom is flying in from Ireland.
He's unconscious, and doped out. Bad pnuemonia which anti-biotics aren't touching, and of course his heart is enlarged from the pulmonary failure. He's on 100% pure oxygen, but only breathing at 81% which is not good. Last night was real bad and his oxygen level dropped into the mid 70's but he is a fighter. They are giving him a blood thinner to prevent a clot. He's got tubes down his throat and up his nose. I just want him comfortable at all costs.

The good news is the music. I'm off with a portable CD player with his favs now( shit loads of stones, followed by some Tom Petty). When his girlfriend sang to him for about an hour today his oxygen levels went up to 92 briefly, and the Dr is not opposed to giving him some music. It might not save him, but anything will help at this point.
Thanks again for all your prayers, and crank up some stones for Matt especially Beggars.
I will keep you guys updated as best as I can.

03-23-04 05:11 PM
Scottfree You can't quit when the Stones are playing...Keep the faith.....
03-24-04 02:42 AM
UGot2Rollme Keep on Rollin, Matt!
03-24-04 06:35 AM
BillyBoll Hang in there Matt. I hope that the road to recovery is swift and sure.
03-24-04 07:23 AM
Factory Girl Hang In there, Matty! The Stones family needs you!
03-24-04 07:30 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:
The good news is the music. I'm off with a portable CD player with his favs now( shit loads of stones, followed by some Tom Petty). When his girlfriend sang to him for about an hour today his oxygen levels went up to 92 briefly, and the Dr is not opposed to giving him some music. It might not save him, but anything will help at this point.
Thanks again for all your prayers, and crank up some stones for Matt especially Beggars.
I will keep you guys updated as best as I can.

The Stones to the rescue... Bob, I'm sure it'll help. "As long as the guitar play..." there is hope.

Love to Matt and all his friends and family.
03-24-04 09:18 AM
Scot Rocks Keep fighting and hang in there mate. I will say a prayer for you.

All the best

Mark
03-24-04 11:47 AM
mickmask I'm relatively new so Matt won't know me, but my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family... there is strength in numbers. He will pull through.

SOUNDS LIKE HE NEEDS A VISIT FROM MICK.........
03-24-04 01:24 PM
Martha Thank you for the update, Bob. It is wonderful to hear that Matt is hanging in there! Music absolutely has HEALING properties/energy. I know that first hand. I get my "music transfusions" at all of the shows I go to..especially the Stones, Petty and Dylan shows!

Keep that music playing for Matty, Bob! You are a good friend to go the extra mile in this way! Keep the rock and roll faith!

We've all got Rock and Roll on our sides!

Blessings, love and healing to all,
Martha

"Everybody needs somebody to leeeeeeeeean on...

put your body next to mine..and dreeeeeeeam on!"
03-24-04 05:30 PM
glencar Matt, I will say some prayers for you. Here's to a full recovery!
Page: 1 2 3