ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

July 14, 1971
Villefranche sur mer, Villa Nellcote, FRANCE
Basement of Keith Richards' house
By Dominique Tarlé

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: say a prayer for a die hard stones fan Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
03-21-04 03:17 PM
Bob Tamp Just got back from the hospital with Riffhard64 who posts sometimes and has traded with lots of you. He is in very bad shape with his heart, and lungs failing after coming down with an infection. I mean I was smoking one with him listening to the Stones Thursday night. The doctor told me and his fiance that death was a strong possibilty. They have him sedated so at least he is comfortable. His oxygen level keeps falling and the heart is now shutting down.
This life is quick, and you can fall real quick.

Say a prayer for Matt.
Thanks everyone
03-21-04 03:22 PM
Cardinal Fang I've traded with Matt and am sorry to hear about his health. It seems lately alot of my friends are getting sick and or dying. Get well Matt and FIGHT !! (Stones Ref. :-)

Later, Jimmy
03-21-04 03:30 PM
BILL PERKS HOW OLD?I'LL SAY A PRAYER FOR THE MAN
03-21-04 03:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I'm so sorry, I hope everything will be ok soon

btw, sometimes life is a jaded bitch
03-21-04 03:39 PM
caro Very sorry to hear that - get well Matt.
03-21-04 03:41 PM
moy get well riffhard
03-21-04 03:42 PM
Monkey Woman This is awful. Poor Matt, I did a few trades with him and he was so kind and helpful with me. I rarely pray these days but I'll say one for him with all my heart.

Hang in there, Matt. We love you!
03-21-04 03:56 PM
Gimme Shelter All my prayers are with you Matt.
03-21-04 04:08 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Awful news. Wish him well!
03-21-04 04:09 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I don't pray...but I certainly hope things turn around for Matt.

He & I didn't get along at all, but that doesn't really matter. I hope he's back up on his feet, being a pain in my ass again real soon.

There's not that many of us...and we need to keep all that we got.

Get better Matt.
03-21-04 04:22 PM
mac_daddy Godspeed, Riffhard - for a full recovery.

[Edited by mac_daddy]
03-21-04 04:35 PM
Moonisup I really hope you get well soon, and I wish strength to all the people who love you, they need that now!

Rik
03-21-04 04:39 PM
stewed & Keefed Get well soon Riffhard
03-21-04 05:12 PM
Navin Matt...hope you get well...soon

I remember when he wrote to me once and mentioned that he drove to The Boston airport with his friends who were headed to London last year. Think he is quite a young man, and a very generous guy who helped a lot of us to get what we need.
03-21-04 05:29 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy My best wishes go to you and yours, Riff. Hope you get well soon.

-tSYX.
03-21-04 05:37 PM
LadyJane How terribly sad!!

My prayers are with Matt, his friends and family!

LJ.
03-21-04 06:37 PM
beer truely sad news. makes all the other stuff seem totally frivolous. my absolute best wishes to Riffhard64, friends and family.
03-21-04 08:36 PM
Phog Bad news. Get well, Matt. Hang in there.
03-21-04 09:23 PM
Riffhard Get well Matt! From one Riffhard to another! God Speed mate and as I do pray I'll send one your way from SS as well!

Riffhard
03-21-04 10:00 PM
J.J.Flash Get well ASAP Riffhard64/Matt. We all hope you can recover soon, sure you will! God be with you boy! Keep Rockin'

BTW, Bob Tamp, as you have posted this sad news, could you please, update us with recent reports? Thanks!

Best wishes!
03-21-04 11:25 PM
Martha I am so sorry to hear this news about Matty. I am praying as I type and will continue hoping for a miracle to bring his health around to stabilizing soon. He is such a kind person. He sent me all kinds of music when I first started posting here and would ask to see who I liked musically and then surprise me with a show or chat with me to cheer me up when I was down. He sent Chris and I a web-cam howdy one time and it was really funny. I am so rattled to hear this news but I thank you Bob Tamp for posting it so we can all send our prayers and well-wishes from the board.

Get Well Matt!

love,
Martha
03-22-04 12:13 AM
parmeda Bob...Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about Matt. As sad as the situation is, the power and strength of prayer is sometimes amazing. You are obviously a good friend to him...keep up your good spirits as well. Matt needs the strength of people like you around him right now to help him pull through. Please keep us posted on his progress.

As a favor...take his hand, lean over and whisper into his ear, "...I know, it's only rock 'n roll but I like it!"
Hopefully...you'll get a good smile from him.

03-22-04 12:45 AM
Madafaka Hope you get well soon Matt. Sure you will do. We're with you.
03-22-04 02:33 AM
Riff-Hard-Fan My Prayers are with Riffhard64......Get well soon fellow Keef fan. The power of prayer can do wonders.
03-22-04 03:38 AM
FotiniD Get well real quick Matt! All my best wishes for a fast recovery and to your family and friends too.
03-22-04 04:22 AM
P Hang in there Matt
03-22-04 06:26 AM
L&A Get well, Riffhard64 ! All my wishes to you and your family.
03-22-04 06:57 AM
Irina Get well Riffhard
My best wishes to You
03-22-04 07:11 AM
sirfito Get well, man.
All the best,
Fito
03-22-04 07:22 AM
Factory Girl That is AWFUL News! I consider him my cyber friend and a great guy! I will pray that things improve greatly for him.

Btw, how old is he?
Page: 1 2 3