This is a message from Novogate:
Due to problems with the database we had to restore a backup. As such your recent topics are missing. We are sorry for the trouble.

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: tour 2002/2003 Return to archive
02-27-02 05:03 PM
heart of stone a voice of my friend says...."paris, 2003, bercy, 5 dates!!"
02-27-02 06:57 PM
yellow1 Bercy is nice, but it's indoors and its "small" by Stones standards, 15k to 20k people if memory serves.
Nice for the public though, sure better than the 80,000 (stands only) Stade De France !
02-27-02 07:13 PM
Gazza Well I think there'll be arena shows in Europe too in 2003 - theres NO indication this tour will be all stadiums! If anything,I think the signs have indicated more arena shows than stadiums. With Wembley Stadium still showing no sign of being rebuilt for a few years,I reckon their London shows next year will be arena gigs too..(there arent really any other sports stadiums in London which are currently used for concerts..)

Paris is along with New York and London as something of a "home city" for the Stones and its always a special place for them to play - so a series of indoor shows there makes sense (especially as they only did one outdoor show in 1998)

The idea of a week of shows at Bercy sounds great - I saw Dylan there in 1987 and by European standards its hardly "intimate". Saw the Stones in Paris on each of the last three tours (Parc des Princes, Longchamps & Stade de France) and theres always a great buzz about the place when the Stones are in town. Recommend it to anyone.
02-27-02 07:58 PM
yellow1 That's right they spent a lot of time in Paris and particlarly at the Pathe Marconi studios in Boulogne between 1977 and 1985. I don't know if Keith still has his apartment in the rue du Faubourg StHonore.

Saw both concerts at Longchamps in 1995 and the second one was really a sight to behold with the DRENCHING we got...Mick was pretty pissed at the weather, "is it f*** gonna rain next"..."Maybe U2 want to come up and play onstage"...not to mention the the dark looks he was giving Keith before they played Angie I think...but they put on a great show !
02-27-02 08:07 PM
Gazza They were fucking brilliant that night - never got so wet in my life! Some change considering the first show took place in what must have been the hottst day of the year.

Always remember Mick trying to sidestep the puddles on the stage during "Monkey Man". I was genuinely worried at one point they may get electrocuted.

their stage attire that night was a hoot...Keith, Woody and Mick wearing these big hats that looked like they were castoffs from The Untouchables...would love to find a pic of Keith from that show with the Capone look.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.