This is a message from Novogate:
Due to problems with the database we had to restore a backup. As such your recent topics are missing. We are sorry for the trouble.

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tour "reenactments" Return to archive
02-24-02 09:48 AM
nanky As the stories and rumours of the tour pile up, I am intrigued about these "reenactment" issues. It surprises me to even hear it since reenactments are, by definition, retro -- something which at least one hyperactive, testosterone poisoned, lead man is not prone to sign off on.

So what exactly would these be? Someone mentioned the inflatable penis, but I cannot imagine the reenactments being props. Are we also going to have the chicks from '89 and the Elvis from '94? (I'll take the goat dude on stilts from the DC opener in '94 - he was cool).

Wardrobes? Will Mick pull out the Uncle Sam hat from '69? The blue studded jumsuit from '72. The punked-out raincoat and white hat from '78? Or will we see the Sports Authority '81 garb? I find that hard to believe too.

Are they gonna show videos from past TV and tours. and if so, why? They did some of that in '94, and aside from some chick burying a Ron Jeremy sized "angry one" during Honky Tonk women, there wasn't much there.

Stages -- could this be return of the Lotus for the small stage? Maybe in the middle of the show, they'll have the police come out from time to time and pretend to bust Keith? Doubt it. Maybe they have all the tenderonis that the band has fucked over time parade through during Starfucker (can you imagine what some of the '65 groupies must look like now?)

What on earth are they talking about?

02-24-02 05:41 PM
Cardinal Ximinez Perhaps they are talking about personell? Maybe we will see Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman...Billie Preston and Ian Mac?
Obviously we won't see Stew or Brian...but this seems the most likely thing that they're talking about.
02-24-02 08:18 PM
SatisfactionUK Its gonna be a reinactment of the NS tour...Ronnie will be drunk and shitty, Keith is gonna kick in the air more than ever, and mick will get married then divorced again!! I cant wait!!
02-24-02 11:26 PM
yellow1 After listening to "Stars In The Sky Never Lie" today, I sure hope they're gonna bring out Mick Taylor for Gimme Shelter and Dancing With Mr.D
Only problem is he looks terrible these days...He even scared the lugubre William Perks (aka Bill Wyman) during some sessions for his oldies project !
02-27-02 05:51 PM
Mother baby re-enactments?

[Edited by Mother baby]
02-27-02 08:24 PM
steel driving hammer Nanky Panky, your words, these words...

>Will Mick pull out the Uncle Sam hat from '69?

Those words made me get drunk tonight in your honor.

Just imagine that again! Man alive.

Nice thought Nanky. Again, imagine that.

Mick and the boys are going to go fer broke you blokes.

THE STONES RULE ! God Damm.

And so does James McMurtry.

www.jamesmcmurtry.com

"Lets go chase tornado's, you don't often catch them,
but man when you do"

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.