ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1980 by Bob Gruen - Thanks Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: This would break my heart... but they've got worse problems going on right now. Return to archive
04-01-03 03:09 PM
Jerry in Boston Chinese fan gettin' his money back

PS - I hope I did this right.
04-01-03 03:17 PM
moy you did it right!

04-01-03 03:27 PM
Doxa My God, I'm touched. I feel so sorry for them. It�s not fair! It's not fair at all!

Doxa
04-01-03 05:56 PM
littleredrooster Nice tickets!!
Collectors items!!

Sad fans!
04-01-03 06:16 PM
Joey I feel so sorry for those individuals .

They missed out on seeing the greatest show on earth .....this truly is the Best Stones Ever !

I bet the fans are crushed ! Hope the Stones go back next year ........................

Joey
04-01-03 06:36 PM
lonecrapshooter WE sure are lucky we could see them! I don't think THEY would complain about the set lists!
04-01-03 07:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh man.

It would fucking KILL me to have to turn in Stones tickets...that I already had...IN HAND...for a refund. UGH.

That's really too bad. You know, at any other normal time, this SARS thing would be the biggest news story on the planet.

Oh, and Doxa...it has nothing to do with being "fair". It has to do with being prudent, and trying to stop this awful disease from spreading. From what they have been able to learn so far, it is a very contagious airborn pathogen. Very large crowds of people, tightly packed into a small area, would be asking for trouble. I love seeing the Stones, but I don't know that I would risk infection with a deadly disease to see them.

Does anyone know who actually made the decision to cancel the shows? Was it the Chinese Gov't, or the Stones management? Maybe a joint decision?

And who ever said that life was fair?
04-01-03 07:23 PM
Doxa True, Sir Stonesalot, life is not a fair thing - and that I also tried to say. The cancellation is no one's fault (maybe God�s if you have one.) But as a Rolling Stones fan I sympathize those poor Chinese people, my fellow stones fans, who turned out be so unlucky. Life surely ain�t fair for them. And BTW I heard that they won�t reschedule those dates. Instead the Stones are going to have 5 gigs in Maison Sguare Garden in November.

Doxa, still touched of those pictures.
04-01-03 07:34 PM
glencar All I know is I'm not getting Chinese tomorrow night either!
04-01-03 09:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot Uhhhhh....Doxa...did you say that instead of making up the China dates, that they are doing 5 nights at MSG in November? Really? How solid is your info on that?

This better not be an April Fool's joke.
04-02-03 12:21 AM
Maxmeister At least for now, Hong Kong and the mainland are postponed, not cancelled. The Fall was mentioned as a possibility for makeup dates.
Since ticket sales were only fair[Singapore didn't sell out either] and SARS isn't going away anytime soon, I'm betting these gigs will never come off.

Rick
04-02-03 12:56 AM
Madafaka Nice tickets design isn't it? If I'd was him, I'll collect that ticket!
04-02-03 03:27 AM
Doxa Sorry, Sir Stonealot, that Madison Square -thing turned out to be a April�s fool somone did in IORR. I didn't try consciously to fool you; I was fooled, a fool me. I should have think twice before I let that in a circuit. Once again, sorry for bad info.

Doxa
04-02-03 04:00 AM
fmk438j It's funny how the coolest lookoing tickets in stones history (I assume) are for a show that never happened.

I'd be very tempted to forget about the cash and keep the ticket. Surely the value it could fetch would be equal to face pretty soon, if not now.
04-02-03 04:26 AM
stonedinaustralia yes fmk - another example of the fantastic almost mocking irony that seems to surround the band and almost everything they do - even inadvertantly

but you've gotta feel sorry for those chinese guys

you wonder, in china in the '70's, what sort of penalty would have been visited upon you for owning - possessing - or dealing in a copy (or copies)of "exile on mainstreet"

04-02-03 03:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot No problem Doxy...I had a hunch that is what was going on.

Hope they get their shows...but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If any of our Stonesian Oriental kin are reading this...please know how badly we all feel for you guys. That's a rotten bit of luck.
04-02-03 04:13 PM
Joey " If any of our Stonesian Oriental kin are reading this ...................."

Stonesian Oriental Kin ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

STONESIAN ORIENTAL KIN ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

STONEY , That is all MY Territory ...............

J. KIN !

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST