ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1980 by Bob Gruen - Thanks Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WHOA! Stones Line-up change! NO GOOD! Return to archive
04-01-03 10:12 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy From the AP -

BANGALORE, INDIA - Famed Rolling Stones frontman Mick Jagger has let slip the details of the band's future lineups.

"Yeah, I like Woody [referring to Ron Wood, 55, the lead guitarist for the band] and all, but I just don't think it's gonna work out."

Jagger talked for nearly half an hour to a local reporter in an "almost confessional" tone, about his woes with the band.

"We've been mates for years and all, but now, his sound is almost too, erm, offsetting, you know?"

Wood has recently undergone treatment for alcoholism that he has wrestled with since the early 1970s. Jagger, in what Wood called a "plea", told the guitarist to clean up his act or risk not going on tour again. Currently, however, Jagger says tensions are high between a rejuvinated Wood and the rest of the band.

"He's been trying to get the old feeling back between Keith [Richards, 60, the band's other guitarist and widely acknowleged medical miracle], and, y'know, it hasn't worked out as well as he'd hoped. You'd see the two of them yelling at each other, then at me, then making up and playing snooker the next day." According to Jagger, a few nights back in Singapore, "He told Chuck [Leavell, a former member of the Allman Brothers and the current keyboard player for the Stones] to turn it down. And, I mean, you don't tell Chuck to do that."

In addition, Jagger voiced his views on the situation with the lack of a full-time member of the band on the bass. Darryl Jones, famed for his work with Miles Davis and Sting, is currently filling the post as a sideman. "I'm hoping we get someone new in, soon, someone who'll work as another contributor like Keith and me," said Jagger. "We've approached one guy about it already, but he's with The Who for now, but you might see him with us a few gigs in the European leg, just for kicks."

And as for Wood?

"We're talking to Mick Taylor [the band's second lead guitarist who left the group in 1974] about guesting a few nights in London and Scotland," said Jagger. "When we go back to the States in 2004, he'll probably be the official replacement."

Wood had no comment. Rumors persist he will restart the famous early 70s rock group known as The Faces with former bandmate Rod Stewart, with former Beatle Paul McCartney to replace the late bassist Ronnie Lane, who died of MS in 1997.

Well, all I can say is, holy shit.

That FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARRGH!

-tSYX.
04-01-03 10:18 AM
Doxa The first of April, right? RIGHT?

Doxa
04-01-03 10:31 AM
jb I also heard Macca will be replacing fatso on bass.
04-01-03 10:37 AM
Mother baby
quote:
jb wrote:
I also heard Macca will be replacing fatso on bass.

I knew things were getting bad out there, but I never expected Hell On Earth quite so soon.

04-01-03 10:38 AM
Zeeta LOL!
Macca on bass! What a twat!

Whatever next...

Chuck leavel to take over from Jagger!
04-01-03 10:39 AM
Monkey Woman OMG!!! tSYX, that was frightening! I almost BELIEVED it for a minute!
Good one you pulled, here. I bow to your workmanship!
04-01-03 10:48 AM
sonicrock 1st of april but CHUCK TURN IT DOWN
04-01-03 10:48 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
tSYX wrote:
"He's been trying to get the old feeling back between Keith [Richards, 60, the band's other guitarist and widely acknowleged medical miracle], and, y'know, it hasn't worked out as well as he'd hoped. You'd see the two of them yelling at each other, then at me, then making up and playing snooker the next day." [quote]

Sounds like a regular Rolling Stones day.

[quote]According to Jagger, a few nights back in Singapore, "He told Chuck [Leavell, a former member of the Allman Brothers and the current keyboard player for the Stones] to turn it down. And, I mean, you don't tell Chuck to do that."

The 'rejuvenated Ronnie' must have taken tips from the RO board!
04-01-03 11:14 AM
Doxa "According to Jagger,a few nights back in Singapore, "He told Chuck [Leavell, a former member of the Allman Brothers and the current keyboard player for the Stones] to turn it down. And, I mean, you don't tell Chuck to do that.""

You don�t tell Chuck to do that... I love that part. Great work!

Doxa
04-01-03 11:30 AM
littleredrooster APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice try Young & Savage!
A great fantasy!
04-01-03 11:36 AM
LadyJane I fell for it hook, line and sinker!!

Damn you Savage!

LadyJ.
04-01-03 12:04 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
I almost BELIEVED it for a minute!

"Almost believed it" LOL.....that Macca bit that JB added was something out of a Nightmare.
04-01-03 12:24 PM
100 Years Ago great April Fool's joke!
04-01-03 12:50 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Who said anything about it being April Fool's...

Naw, just kiddin'. Happy April Fool's day.

I love doin' that.

-tSYX --- Reassure me, over and over again...
04-01-03 01:10 PM
tumblingdice " and I mean, you don't tell Chuck to do that".....

Oh shit....oh shit... loved that part !!!! Still laughing at that!!! OH SHIT !!!! You should copy that and sent it by e-mail to Chuck!!
04-01-03 01:14 PM
steel driving hammer Some have a valid point that Ronnie is playing better than Keith now.

I'm not saying thats true, I'm just making a statement.

Not that there's anything wrong w/ that...
04-01-03 01:20 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Some have a valid point that Ronnie is playing better than Keith now.

I'm not saying thats true, I'm just making a statement.

Not that there's anything wrong w/ that...

Steelie, first leg that was true, and I think that's why we saw the amount of screaming arguements between Keith and Ronnie that we did. But now I think they're both playing well in their own way (Keith with those mid-range destroy everything solos and Ronnie with those "Who the fuck is Mick Taylor" choppy chord solos) - they just need to get it together, turn up, and turn that Bearded Allman down!

Anyone who thinks the weave is dead needs to check out the video of Keith and Ronnie playing together in Keith's dressing room on the fan club site. It's the most reassuring sign that the Stones just keep getting better.

-tSYX --- You shoulda been buried alive...
04-01-03 01:22 PM
Stray Cat You got me!!!
Almost spilt my drink!!!!
04-02-03 04:50 AM
MarthaMyDear Frick... First the war, then SARS, then THIS?!?!?! ROTFLOL!!! NO WAY could I have dealt with Mick Taylor instead of Ronnie Boom-a-lottie in London, and shit!!! FUCK THAT!!! ROTFLOL!!! And, turn it down, Chuck??? HA!!! HA!!! UGH!!! Wow... I love Ronnie more than I thought... I love you, RONNIE!!! HE!!! HE!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! There's no fool like an April Fools...

*** Martha ***
04-02-03 06:12 AM
Jumacfly LOL guys!!!!
great job, great april fool....BTW, Chuck, turn it down please!!
Macca with the Faces....LOL
cheers everybody

JU

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST