ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1980 by Bob Gruen - Thanks Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Pistols live 2003. World Exclusive. (NSC and in US only, it looks like, unfortunately, but you never Return to archive
04-01-03 01:56 AM
MarthaMyDear Subject: Pistols live 2003. World Exclusive.
Date: 17 Mar 2003 18:59:34 -0000
To:

See the News Page for the latest World Exclusive on the Pistols live in 2003. Dates now look certain.

http://www.sex-pistols.net

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
To be removed from this mailing list click on the link below
04-01-03 10:49 AM
FPM C10 Thanks, Martha My Dear - that is truly exciting news. Sir Stonesalot and I were fortunate enough to see them in '96 at Roseland in NYC and it was one of the GREATEST things I've ever seen. I will bend every effort to see them again.

They might not have the same socio-punkalogical impact they had in '77, but they are a better band. in '96 they just played "Bollocks" and some b-sides, like "Steppin' Stone" and "No Fun"; it wasn't a LONG show, but it was INTENSE.

I urge everyone who has an ounce of interest in Punk to go see them. Since we'll (tragically) never see the Clash again, this is as good as it gets.
04-01-03 12:28 PM
Martha

Hey there.....Martha My Dear how the hell are ya?! Thanks for the heads up...I will want to see this gig for sure.

And...thanks for the ringing endorsement FPM C-10!

In case anyone's forgotten.......This board rules!

Now..........................

Let's ROCK!!!!!!
04-01-03 09:44 PM
MarthaMyDear HEY, YOU TWO!!! I'm cutting down on the smileys so don't think I'm in a bad mood, or anything!!! ROTFLOL!!! YES!!! EXTREMELY exciting news as I can't wait to get my Lydon fix, of which no one should go without... lol... It's always good to hear that loud-mouthed yob freaking-out about something or other... Ah, anger... What would life be like without it... lol... It's an energy, you know!!! ROTFLOL!!! That's bad... lol... Ok... I'll be serious... lol... Well, FPM C10, I saw the Pistols on that same tour twice here in La-La land at the Universal Ampitheatre and at the Hollywood Palladium, etc., and both shows were just MASTERPIECES!!! I, also, saw them last summer at the big, all-day punk rock "festival" they had here (the No-Dough Show) with a ton of bands I think mostly from La-La land and England (I'm not sure I'm remembering that correctly?!?!?!)... John that night was SO HILARIOUS!!! He always is, actually, but I think he was making more funny facial expressions during this show.... I love that... LOL!!! I have to go... I need their energy in my life... I want to see PIL again, also, but I HOPE they are not gone forever (?!?!?!)!!! That would be VERY shitty... lol... Anyways, yes, I urge ANY music-lover, in fact, to go and just experience them at least once... Even just to watch Johnny Rotten 'cause he's just hilarious... lol... Anyways, take care and have fun at the Pistols, HOPEFULLY, and tell me how the show(s) was/were and I'll do the same, alrighty??? Anyways, may the road rise with you (PIL reference)!!! HE!!! HE!!! Take care!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
04-01-03 10:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot WTF? Where? When? Why would they announce this with no dates or venues?

Damn it, don't toy with me! I need to clear my schedule for this, and they aren't helping!
04-01-03 10:02 PM
BILL PERKS WHILE I TRULY DESPISE THE PISTOLS,JOHNNY ROTTEN'S WORK WITH PIL IS AWESOME.THE COMPACT DISC RECORD IS ONE OF THE BEST 80'S RECORDS.
04-01-03 10:39 PM
MarthaMyDear SS, this is all I know and you should go to this site *(go to the news section) and join their mailing list for the latest updates, etc.: http://www.sex-pistols.net

God Save The Sex Pistols World Exclusive.

The site was granted exclusive permission to break the news, 17th March.

It looks certain that the Sex Pistols will play 2003 summer shows in America and Japan. UK dates seem very unlikely. No dates or venues have been confirmed as yet.

31st March
Billboard have picked up on our exclusive on the Pistols 2003 summer shows. They know where to go for reliable up-to-date Pistols news, including Steve Jones news taken directly from Kick Down The Doors! Remember where you heard it first! Billboard add that LA punk band Flogging Molly are rumoured to be support at some of the shows.

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, as Johnny-boy says: ARREBAH!!! ARREBAH!!! ARREBAH!!! ANDELAY (or whatever the hell it is... lol...)!!! ANDELAY (or whatever the hell it is... lol...)!!! ANDELAY (or whatever the hell it is... lol...)!!! ROTFLOL!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAY THE ROAD RISE WITH YOU!!! HE!!! HE!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PIL RULES!!! Dang... I'm getting excited about it now, so it had BETTER happen!! lol... Take care!!! HE!!! HE!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

*** Martha ***
04-01-03 10:44 PM
FPM C10
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
WHILE I TRULY DESPISE THE PISTOLS,JOHNNY ROTTEN'S WORK WITH PIL IS AWESOME.THE COMPACT DISC RECORD IS ONE OF THE BEST 80'S RECORDS.

What the hell are you YELLING about, Bill?

You DESPISE the PISTOLS? Now I'M YELLING!!!!

Boy, I gotta agree with you on Album (aka Compact Disc aka the Generic Album). First time I heard FFF (Farewell, my fair-weather friend!) I thought the Pistols were back. And to make an album with such an incredibly diverse "band" - Bill Laswell, GINGER BAKER (!!!!) and that guy that played guitar for David Lee Roth, and still have it sound like PIL, was an amazing accomplishment.

Martha My Dear, (though I spend my days in conversation please remember me), this whole Pistols/PIL thing is a side of you I never suspected. Were they as good last year as they were in '96? I was just DUMBFOUNDED. I thought it was gonna be one of those "oh well, at least I can say I saw the Sex Pistols" type of thing, but instead it was one of the best flat-out rock & roll bands on the planet playing one of the greatest albums of all time. Unforgettable.

And Johnny was hilarious at Roseland too. He SO wanted to aggravate the audience, but the more he ranted, the more we cheered, so he asked us to yell "we LOVE you, Grand-dad!" So we did.

I am just SO psyched about this.
04-01-03 10:47 PM
MarthaMyDear Check this site, also, for some more possible news on this (?!?!?!)!!!:

Solo Music Agency And Promotions (includes the Stones AND the Sex Pistols!!!):
http://www.solo.uk.com

I'll keep posting news as I hear and find it!!!

*** Martha ***
04-01-03 11:22 PM
MarthaMyDear DON'T GET ME STARTED ON JOHN LYDON!!! HE!!! HE!!! I've liked him longer than MICK and I am an old punk rocker!!! They had BETTER play now!!! I'm getting too worked-up over this now... ROTFLOL!!! Seriously, though!!! I was a punk rocker in 1981 and got into bands like X, etc., before then, so I cannot LIVE missing this show!!! I think John Lydon is one of the GREATEST entertainers of all time, to be honest!!! lol... He is HILARIOUS!!! I love when, normally, someone in the audience throws a beer on him... ROTFLOL!!! LAUGHING!!! That happened at the No Dough show last year... OH, MY GOD, was it hilarious... Someone threw this HUGE cup full of beer all over him during a song and he patiently and CALMLY sang the rest of the song and as SOON as it ended, he LOST it on this guy and dared him to stand-up, but the guy wouldn't and he just kept going off on him... ROTFLOL!!! He ALWAYS rants and raves and at this show, I think he was basically in a pretty good mood (except for the beer!!! ROTFLOL!!!) 'cause he could not stop yapping, etc., and he couldn't even stop talking WHILE they were leaving the stage... ROTFLOL!!! At every show I have ever seen him do (I've seen PIL ALOT, also), he is ALWAYS hilarious and entertaining in the extreme... NEVER boring!!! I used to always get hurt and lose things at PIL shows, also... LOL!!! Every PIL show I've gone to has been a big experience for me... Something wierd always happened... LOL!!! I saw john do a solo show at the SMALL Palace Theatre here in L.A. a few years ago right after his solo CD came-out... My friend and I got RIGHT in the middle up against the stage and John sang to us and made, er, lewd gestures at us for most of the show and, boy, did we bask in that... ROTFLOL!!! The guy is just one intense dude!!! ROTFLOL!!! It's funny to make him mad, also!!! ROTFLOL!!! I want to throw something at him now!!! ROTFLOL!!! LAUGHING!!! ROTFLOL!!! Shit... Maybe I will!!! ROTFLOL!!! I got his autograph at that show after the show and I'll scan and post it... lol... I am so in awe of the guy just from being a childhood idol, etc., that I couldn't talk when I handed him a t-shirt for him to sign!!! ROTFLOL!!! But, he signed it and I never wear it!!! ROTFLOL!!! It's going to be framed one day in one of those memorabilia boxes with maybe some Sex Pistols and PIL memorabilia around it, or some shit... LOL!!! Ok.... I'll stop ranting now... LOL!!! I have to go... LOL!!! I cannot miss this show or shows!!! NO WAY!!! Anyways, I hope you get to see them, also, you guys, and i hope PIL can MAYBE come back at some point... LOL!!! Anyways, I have to go... Take care and I'll post more news and info. on this here and if anyone else gets any, also, please do the same, ok.?!?!?! Anyways, take care and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (I know he likes people to yell things during his shows, etc., 'cause he replies ALOT!!! lol... If I get up the nerve, I'll try to get good seats and yell a bunch of things and tell you what he says... LOL!!! And, visa-versa if anyone yells anything to him!!! ROTFLOL!!! That's silly but it's fun, actually... ROTFLOL!!! Dang... This had better happen 'cause now I REALLY have to see them!!! ROTFLOL!!! Anyways, take care and I'll talk to you soon!!! ROCK ON!!! )
04-02-03 12:16 AM
FPM C10 Martha, you're going to get all bruised if you keep rolling on the floor!!!ROTFL!!! I'm not sure if Johnny really LIKES people to throw things at him, but he definitely feeds off of confrontation. When we saw the Pistols, they'd taped the Letterman show earlier, and he was ranting about Dave. I think he called him a "wig-wearing moron." We went to a buddy's place right after the show and watched Letterman, and whatever Johnny was mad about must have taken place during the commercial break. The Pistols played "Pretty Vacant" (great) and after the break Dave was bitching about "middle-aged Sex Pistols".

Yes, this tour MUST take place now. I'm a little too worked up about it.

04-02-03 12:34 AM
MarthaMyDear ROTFLOL!!! I'm not sure if I saw them on Letterman or not, but that does sound familiar and I LOVE Pretty Vacant!!! That might even be my favorite Pistols song... Well, I do know that John LOVES for people to yell things to him and interact with him that way because of all of the Pistols shows I've seen and that always goes on there, etc., and if I remember correctly, the same thing for the PIL shows and DEFINITELY during his solo show, etc., but mostly during the Pistols shows... LOL!!! I think he likes to talk alot... LOL!!! I especially liked the show last summer 'cause he was in very fine form (LOL!!!!) making alot of funny faces, etc., at EXACTLY the right times during the songs and on the exact beats!!! ROTFLOL!!! I actually don't think I would DARE throw something at him!!! ROTFLOL!!! the guy IS rather intimidating-looking, to be quite honest!!! And, he does NOT exclude women from his, rants, I am sure... ROTFLOL!!! He always rants... I met Steve Jones, also, a long time ago and he seems like a very nice guy!!! I'm really excited about this, also!!! lol........................................... The audience is always interesting, also, at these shows, also... CAN'T WAIT!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
TAKE CARE and I'll keep you updated, alrighty?!?!?! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
04-02-03 05:51 AM
MarthaMyDear OH, SHIT!!! ROTFLOL!!! FPM, I forgot to answer your question... Actually, I think they may have been BETTER last year than in 1996... John was DEFINITELY more entertaining (funnier and he also just seems to have, GASP, "lightened-up" ENOUGH to where he seeems to be laughing at himself)... I think it's just 'cause he's getting older and just enmjoying things and relaxing more and finding humor in alot of things, etc.... Well, that's what it looks like to me and that's REALLY cool... It suits him very well!!! He, also, looks pretty healthy and BETTER, IMHO, than he did in 1996 'cause he's lost a little weight and his hair is not as obnoxious... ROTFLOL!!! I think it was just bleached blonde and that was it (not a million colors and one stupid-looking spike sticking out of the side of his head and shaved parts, etc.... ROTFLOL!!!)... lol... Oh, yes... And, the music sounded better last summer, also!!! ROTFLOL!!! But, it was John, Of COURSE, who made the show with his rants and raves and he had an endless array of funny faces that night...Sheesh... I cannot wait!!! ROTFLOL!!! Anyways, take care!!!

*** Martha ***
04-02-03 02:37 PM
Dan On a (barely) related note, 2 classic punk bands, Fear and The Dickies are playing together at the Galaxy Theatre April 4th. The Dickies are a great band who never went away (but only put out a new album about every 6 years).
04-02-03 05:41 PM
MarthaMyDear Thank you, Dan, for that info. (that's related)!!! I used to go and see Fear alot in 1981 when I saw tons of gigs and goofed-off alot... lol... I think I've had my fill of counting how many lugies can hang off of Lee Ving at this point in my life, though... HE!!! HE!!! LOL!!! Just kidding... I know I've seen the Dickies, but more than likely, I was completely innebriated when I did so, so... LOL!!! Thank you very much for that info., though, Dan!!! I get the Coach House's newletter 'cause they have ALOT of interesting shows and EXCELLENT bands, etc., who play there but I've yet to go there (?!?!?!)... I'll get there someday, though, but right now, most of my money is going towards this London trip... BUT, I cannot miss seeing the Sex Piostols if they are playing!!! NO FRICKING WAY!!! lol... Anyways, take care, thank you very much again, and ROCK ON!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST