ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1980 by Bob Gruen - Thanks Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's the difference between men & women anyway: Jagger Return to archive
03-31-03 11:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl What's the difference between men & women anyway: Jagger

TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ TUESDAY, APRIL 01, 2003 12:52:23 AM ]

BANGALORE: Talking to Mr Strolling Bone himself, Sir Mick of the Forty Licks, on the eve of his India concerts, the lead singer charmed Malavika Sanghvi and Nayare Ali with quotes from Napoleon and references to Biology! It was classic Mick Jagger: irreverent, intelligent and seductive.

Question: How far is the indestructible nature of your career and the fact that you�ve outlived all your contemporaries have to do with just sheer physical fitness, and is that what you attribute the longevity of your career to?

Answer: Well, there�s a certain amount of luck involved too, you know. I don�t think success has only to do with your personal strengths. Also, my success is not just that I have survived my contemporaries but that I love what I do � and that shows on stage. But I also believe that you make your own luck, I think it was Napoleon who said that he preferred a lucky general to a good one.

About the physical fitness bit, my father was a physical instructor, and I was brought up to be very disciplined. But I�m not obsessive about it, I find people who are obsessive about their physical fitness very dull. I do a lot of biking and dancing, that sort of thing, though on tour I don�t do any of it.

Who is the Mick Jagger of this generation? I�ve watched Robbie Williams, and I find that he�s got something what I had. Of course there�s a he�s stolen from me. But much of is his own. He�s provocative, entertaining, Not just a recording artist...

When the Stones started out, coming as you did on the heels the Beatles did you consciously choose a different image?

No, we just were different. When you�re young you can�t be manipulative and think of images. We always thought we were the smart city kids as opposed to them provincial lads... So much of your image has to with being a ladies man, but many of your lyrics are pretty rude about women...

I�m only human, and those reflect difficult encounters I might have had, but most of what I write is very sensitive and admiring of women....

Also, there�s all those stories strutting like Tina Turner, wearing make-up and even a frock. What per cent of Sir Mick is female?

(Laughs) Well what�s the differennce between men and women any way, one chromosome? But the fact is that we�re all the same, and if you are on stage you have more opportunity to get in touch with your androgenity. Though it might have been embarrassing for my family and friends...

Do you have to work hard at your �Bad Boy� image, now that you�ve been knighted and are so rich and famous, are you just a token �Bad Boy� now?

I don�t take the knighthood too seriously; I still have to find time to accept it. But it�s a nice compliment. But from the beginning, I�ve always had friends from all layers of society. Actually, British society is very porous, unlike say French, and I�ve refused to be pigeonholed.

Are you going to whisper something special in the Queen�s ear when she knights you? I don�t really think she does many of those any more. I think it will be done by her son, and I�m certainly not going to whisper something special in his ear!

One last question. Are you aware that some of India�s policies are pretty repressive to minorities, what happened in Gujarat for instance recently...

I am aware and concerned about the ethnic and religious minorities and have been for long time. But I am not an expert, socially or politically, and I�m just a guy who is passing through, so I don�t think it�s right to comment right now. But yes, I am aware of what you are saying, and I am aware that things in Gujarat got ugly.

04-01-03 05:15 AM
luxury1 good read Voodoo--thanks for posting it. Mick is so cool and matter of fact--and humorous. And he's right about Robbie Williams--that boy does something to me.
04-01-03 11:46 AM
Monkey Woman I love the way Mick refuses to become 'pigeonholed', classified. Male, female, bad boy, society darling, he's done it all and, you know, it's only rock 'n roll, so why bother... Live your life to the full and enjoy what comes your way, but have no regrets, life's too short for spending it in the past.

At least, that's my take on the man. As much as I love and admire Keith, heart and soul of the Stones, amen , I must say I feel Mick more balanced as a human being, and in many ways more easy to relate to. He strikes me as somebody who might no be always at ease with himself but who goes on regardless and makes the most of it.
For instance, there's one thing that Mick's biographers generally overlook: he doesn't whine. He doesn't complain or wallow in self-pity, though he could have reasons to, sometimes. Look at the missed opportunities with SARS and China. Or the comparative failure of his solo records. Or his tangled lovelife. With many men and artists, such problems would be the subject of endless self-analyzing talk in the media. But with Mick, you always get the impression that he doesn't like to dwell on past disppointments because he's so busy living in the present, doing another record, another tour, another movie, dating another girl of course...
Even his occasional venting about the paparazzi sound just like that: a momentary letting of steam, and then back to business.

That why I see Mick as the embodiment of the phrase 'a man of the world'. He knows the ways of the world and has managed to make them his own. Nice achievement, Sir Mick.

I wonder how others see it. And of course, the members of the band have such strong and different personalities that it's extraordinary to have them still working together, for our utmost pleasure!
04-01-03 12:20 PM
100 Years Ago great interview
04-01-03 01:11 PM
icydanger yes, nice interview... ty

mick is humble and thats a quality i appreciate
04-01-03 01:31 PM
glencar I like that he tells the truth about France...not very egalite after all these years!
04-01-03 01:44 PM
Maxlugar "...and if you are on stage you have more opportunity to get in touch with your
androgenity. Though it might have been embarrassing for my family and friends... "

I'm still waiting for my apology for the Billy Preston cock dance!

Damn! That made my testicles shoot so far up my body that someone asked me if I had hard boiled eggs in my ears!

Anyhoo......

MACKY!!!
04-01-03 01:54 PM
Dandelion*
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I'm still waiting for my apology for the Billy Preston cock dance!

MACKY!!!

Hi!
04-01-03 02:00 PM
Maxlugar Hi Dande*!!!

Thanks for the testicle shriveling photo!

Hey, the girls from Holland are posting pics of them in thongs over on the other thread.

What do you say?

Go for it!

Cheekily yours,

SMACKY!
04-01-03 02:04 PM
Dandelion* Where?

I only do that in person....
04-01-03 02:08 PM
Maxlugar OooooOOOOoooOOOooooooo!!

But you ignored Maxy at Mustang Macky's!

Hey, doesn't Billy look like he's just won Lotto and Mick is the giant novelty check in that pic?

Hmmm?

MACKY!!!
04-01-03 02:24 PM
Dandelion* OOOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOO!!!!! I didn't mean to ignore you, my Maxy! You shoulda asked me to show you my underwear, but I probably wasn't wearing any...

I am not certain how to explain what is going on in this picture of Billy and Mick. I suspect if we really knew the answer, the earth would explode, meaning would cease to exist, and Keith would get sober. Or not.
04-01-03 06:55 PM
throbby I think I'm gonna get in touch with my androgenity tonight. Maybe take a picture and send it in for the boys.
04-01-03 07:20 PM
LadyJane
quote:
throbby wrote:
I think I'm gonna get in touch with my androgenity tonight. Maybe take a picture and send it in for the boys.

By all means, Throbby. And you must make sure it finds it's way to the "super blow" thread. After all it was you that started "Mick madness" in the first place..........and we ladies thank you for it!!

LadyJ.
04-01-03 07:38 PM
Jaxx >>Well what�s the differennce between men and women any way, one chromosome? But the fact is that we�re all the same

ah, spoken like a true bisexual. this was an interesting interview. i find it amusing when he stated, "I�m only human, and those reflect difficult encounters I might have had, but most of what I write is very sensitive and admiring of women.... LMAO. most? i think not, unless he means those one night stands he's so fond of singing about....
04-02-03 01:42 AM
MarthaMyDear That's a nice post, Monkey Woman!!! And, I agree with your post, Jaxx!!! ROTFLOL!!! But, Max, where are the pix of the girls from Holland?!?!?! I am not gay and have nothing against that (laughing... LOL!!! I'm serious, though!!! lol...), but now I have to see them since you didn't tell Dandelion what thread it's in!!! SHEESH!!! I hate that... ROTFLOL!!! NO MORE DEVELOPING!!! ROTFLOL!!!

*** Martha ***

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST