ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1980 by Bob Gruen - Thanks Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hear Music's Artist's Picks Collection for The Rolling Stones... Return to archive
03-30-03 03:29 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Here we go.

"Hear Music is pleased to announce the first Artist's Choice CD of 2003: Rolling Stones Artist's Choice, which will be released in Starbucks Company-operated locations in North America on March 19, and will be available through traditional retail outlets March 25. The CD will feature The Stones personal picks from well known greats including James Brown and Otis Redding as well as tracks from lesser known performers including saxophonist Earl Bostic and roots-reggae band the Itals.

The Artist's Choice� Compilation Series is a unique opportunity for fans to hear and learn about the music that has inspired some of today's most accomplished and influential artists. Each CD contains a special booklet, with quotes and comments from the artist about their selections.

"Because you want to know where the triggers are, you know?" says Keith Richards. "If you are at all interested in what I do, then check out Muddy Waters, Robert Johnson, check out Louis Armstrong - they are the essentials."

Mick Jagger's choice of James Brown's Papa's Got a Brand New Bag (Part 1) is also highlighted in the liner notes, giving fans an insight into the inspiration that Brown has had on Jagger both personally and as a musician.
"Many times I saw James Brown. I think I saw him at the Apollo Theater in Harlem first, in 1964. I used to go there regularly. They used to do four or five shows and I would watch them all. And we'd learn all his moves and try and copy them," Jagger said."

There was also an ad for it in my New York Times e-mail update:

"It's like a mixed tape from the Rolling Stones.

Hear Music presents Rolling Stones Artist's Choice:
16 songs chosen by Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie
as the music that matters to them."

Sweet! Four songs a Stone, plus we get to hear Charlie's choice, for once! Think like that Uncut album of Keith's picks. This shuold be good.

-tSYX --- Cancel everything...
03-30-03 05:28 PM
Saint Sway why are the Stones collabortaing with Starbucks?
03-30-03 08:12 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
why are the Stones collabortaing with Starbucks?

Because Jake Kohl loves to get his hands in as many evil empires as possible.

Mwahahahaha...

You'll never make a saint of him...

-tSYX --- Oh yeah, oh yeah...
03-31-03 05:35 AM
luxury1 Well, I ordered it on-line from Starbucks, as I live in the freakin boonies, and aint no Starbucks round here. Although I did hear that you can purchase them at Coconuts too.
I think it sounds like a perfect laying-out-in-the-sun-with-Stoli-and-lemonade disc. I will let you all know......
04-02-03 12:10 PM
Saint Sway I picked this up yesterday at my local Starfucks

and its damn good!

well done with a brief commentary by each Stone on their selections

the description by Ronnie as to why he picked the Beach Boys "I Guess I Wasnt Meant For These Times" is quite sad. He said the lyrics remind him of himself.

and the surprise pick IMO is Mick selecting Sade. He says it reminds him of a certain someone...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST