ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Licks World Tour 2002 - 2003

1980 by Bob Gruen - Thanks Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS< /a>]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan show in Louisville,KY (NSC) Return to archive
03-29-03 10:44 AM
Martha Anyone from RO going to this show perchance?

Just got our tickets this a.m. The event takes place in the parking lot of Jillian's...sounds like a throwback to my youth when I attended Bill Monroe's 2nd annual Bluegrass festival in Bean Blossom IN (a bahzillion years ago)! LOL

Tickets are only 30 bucks apiece and I don't think Bob is touring as extensively this year although I'm not certain of that. Just didn't want to miss seeing him again in case this is the closest he makes it to my neck of the woods.

If you are going PM me so we can meet up there!

Brown Sugar...why do you taste sooooooooo.. gooooooood?

peace,
Martha
03-29-03 11:24 AM
FPM C10 You're lucky, Martha! So far Zimmie hasn't announced any dates near me - I hope that changes, because I try to see Bob at least once a year.

Expect to hear "Masters of War".

I wish _I_ could say I'd seen Bill Monroe in Bean Blossom! The sentence is poetry in itself!
03-29-03 12:07 PM
Martha I hear he's gonna put Nashville on the list right before the show in KY....my friend who saw 50 Bob shows last year is wating on that to happen....he told me about the possible gig. Where are you located Peanut?

Yeah, I was VERY lucky to go to Bill's festivals(starting with the second annual) throughout most of my child and teen years...my parent's play bluegrass (albeit amateur) themselves...

Mother on upright bass/guitar (she plays piano too) and Dad plays banjo/guitar/mandolin/bass....and blows trumpet...

Dad's a Louis Armstrong fan .......saw him in 1949 and still has the typed by Louis concert program.....which he promises to leave to me eventually..of course, no rush on that!
03-29-03 01:10 PM
FPM C10 [/quote]
Where are you located Peanut?
[/quote]

Central PA. Bob often stops in either Hershey or State College, both within an hour of me.

[/quote]
Yeah, I was VERY lucky to go to Bill's festivals(starting with the second annual) throughout most of my child and teen years...
[/quote]

Yep, that's about as lucky as it gets. Bill was a GIANT. I never had the pleasure of seeing him, being quite late in getting into this most American of music.

[/quote]
my parent's play bluegrass (albeit amateur) themselves...

Mother on upright bass/guitar (she plays piano too) and Dad plays banjo/guitar/mandolin/bass....and blows trumpet...
[/quote]

TOO COOL! My mom was a pianist in the classical vein.

[/quote]
Dad's a Louis Armstrong fan .......saw him in 1949 and still has the typed by Louis concert program.....which he promises to leave to me eventually..of course, no rush on that!
[/quote]

THAT is absolutely AMAZING. If that holy of holies wasn't bequeathed to you I'm sure the Smithsonian would be proud to house it. So many people think of Louis as that kindly old gravely-voiced singer of "Hello Dolly" instead of the most important jazz musician of the 20th century. Obviously your dad knows better.

No wonder you're so cool, Martha. You come from good stock!
03-30-03 01:45 PM
Martha
That's awful sweet of you to say Fleabit Peanut Monkey....thanks!

I owe a lot to my parent's for giving me a solid background in music. My Dad in particular LOVES and idolizes with great passion the Greats of his time in music.

Dad watched the Stones HBO show when my parent's visited us earlier this week. He had a huge smile on his face watching Keith do his thing. He has read Keith's bio by V. Bockris too....it's really nice to be able to talk with him about our shared musical passions.

Hope Zimmie makes it to PA!

Again thanks for the "cool" comment it's always nice to be thought of as cool...and I think of you that way also!

By the way, I Love your avatar!

hugs,
Martha
03-31-03 10:01 AM
Larry Dallas I'll be there. I've never seen Dylan before. What a great way to start off Derby Week.
03-31-03 10:55 AM
Martha Hey Larry Dallas...oh yeah...you'll love the show then!

Wanna try to meet up there? We plan to arrive around 6...show supposedly starts at 7....it would be nice to meet you.
03-31-03 11:12 AM
Larry Dallas I would like to meet up if possible. I'll probably leave Lexington around 5pm. I should know more in the next few weeks. We really lucked out because my fiancee's friend works at Jillian's and we're getting in on some kind of VIP thing. I don't know what that means really, but we are truly primed to see Dylan.
03-31-03 11:16 AM
GimmeExile Dylan is playing JazzFest with Lucinda Williams opening. Two great artists!

He's playing a lot of obscure places this spring, like the Calvert Marine Museum in Southern Maryland...

03-31-03 11:31 AM
Martha
quote:
Larry Dallas wrote:
I would like to meet up if possible. I'll probably leave Lexington around 5pm. I should know more in the next few weeks. We really lucked out because my fiancee's friend works at Jillian's and we're getting in on some kind of VIP thing. I don't know what that means really, but we are truly primed to see Dylan.

Larry e-mail me here; [email protected] and I'll send you my photo so we can find each other! VIP passes..lucky you. How big is this place anyway...the show is taking place in the parking lot.....I still find that amusing as hell.

The last time we saw Bob was in early Novemeber right after the Stones gig in Columbus 10/20...and it was the absolute perfect show to see on the heels of the Stones.

Bob had the coolest stage outfiut on I've ever seen....it would've been perfect for any decade...timeless and relevant..just like he's continued to be throughout his career. The man is a genius...and that night as I looked at him on stage paying the Fender Rhoades piano I suddenly knew he is the COOLEST fuckin' man in the world...I can't explain it beyond that...he's simply number one in my book in terms of cool...I think he's a national treasure. He's a must see for anyone who loves music. You will be thrilled!
03-31-03 02:00 PM
100 Years Ago saw Bob in the cavernous Irwin Center here in Austin, his performance and stage set-up gave the place a club atmosphere. great show, great setlist.

he's doing two shows here this month, need to find the dough cause i gotta go. hell, one show is on easter, seeing Dylan on easter Sunday would be incredible. who knows might even throw a gospel song in or maybe something from his born-again phase.
03-31-03 05:15 PM
Gazza FPM

Not that I want to dissaude you from hooking up with Martha, but Bob will be a bit closer to your neck of the woods in May after he plays a 3 shows in Georgia and Florida following the show in Louisville

You might wanna check him out at one/some of these places:

May 6 Charleston, DC
8 Portsmouth, Va.
9-10 Atlantic City, NJ (Hilton Theatre)
11 Solomons, Md.
13 Cary, NC
14 Asheville, NC

after that the tour closes with shows in Birmingham,Al and Jackson, Ms.
03-31-03 05:16 PM
Gazza >seeing Dylan on easter Sunday would be incredible.

..and very appropriate as he's risen from the 'dead' on numerous occasions!
04-02-03 10:11 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
Brown Sugar...why do you taste sooooooooo.. gooooooood?

After Dylan's first show on the recent Australian leg in Canberra, 6 February, he dropped Brown Sugar. Perhaps, because the Stones arrived days after. Now that the Stones have left the US, perhaps - hopefully - he'll bring it back into the set for the up-coming US leg. Personally, I think they do a great rendition of it!
04-02-03 11:28 AM
Martha
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

After Dylan's first show on the recent Australian leg in Canberra, 6 February, he dropped Brown Sugar. Perhaps, because the Stones arrived days after. Now that the Stones have left the US, perhaps - hopefully - he'll bring it back into the set for the up-coming US leg. Personally, I think they do a great rendition of it!

I didn't know that..is he still playing the FR? Do you have a boot of him performing it? I have the Dayton show (Nov. 2002) and can get many others boots from this tour...let me know and I'll make certain to cover you. PM me.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST