ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Jack Bruce - Mick Taylor Band 1975
Ronnie Leahy, Jack, Carla Bley, Bruce Gary and Mick
Photo by Robert Ellis - Rolling Stone No. 191 July 17th, 1975
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rehab is for Quitters Return to archive
03-26-02 08:54 AM
nankerphelge After an alcohol-filled weekend with many headaches and entirely too much partying, I decided to go home last night, eat a balanced meal, drink water, and go to bed early without a bottle of beer or wine or chiba or anything.

My thought was that by being good for the night, I would sleep better, wake this morning feeling rested and full of piss and vinegar at work this morning.

I am pleased to report that I feel worse. I didn't sleep well at all, I woke this morning feeling like someone packed 18 pounds of gauze bandage in my head, and I am no more motivated this morning at work than I was yesterday.

So tonite, in honor of my Birthday eve (yes your old old pal nanky is turning 39 tomorrow), I shall overdo it once again -- tonite we shall drink copious amounts of red wine to inform the liver that it has many miles to go before it sleeps. We shall burn the midnite chiba, so the lungs wll get properly lubricated and the mind relaxed at this dawn of the second third of my life. (Yes I intend to live to age 120). And once I am in the proper frame of mind, I shall toast and post to you all this evening to let you all know how much I love you all.

03-26-02 10:19 AM
Maxlugar Happy Birthday Nanky!

I can't wait for the drunken post.

Some hate drunken posts. Damn if I don't love 'em!

If you need me, I'll be here staring at my monitor, waiting.

Developing.......
03-26-02 10:38 AM
nankerphelge Yes drunken posts are great.
I like posting while drunk
In fact, I shall be drunk and naked.
If I get drunk enuf, I will take a picture of myself posting drunk and naked, and post it too.
O wait, can't do that .. okay - here's the deal, I'll post drunk and naked, and you can all read the post naked, and it'll be like a big naked party, except we won't be able to see each other.

03-26-02 12:06 PM
gypsy You may have felt bad because you were going through somewhat of a withdrawal. But, if you keep up the healthy living, you will feel better! Oh, who am I kidding...live it up! Have a wonderful Birthday!
03-26-02 12:16 PM
nankerphelge I've lived my life very healthy at times and very unhealthy at times. Unhealthy is WAY more fun!
03-26-02 05:50 PM
JaggaRichards Personally, I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy....

Happy 39th Nank!!! it's Jack Benny time!!
[Edited by JaggaRichards]
03-26-02 06:25 PM
Angiegirl Happy Birthday, or as we say in Dutch: 'van harte gefeliciteerd met je verjaardag'! Hope it will be a nice one!
03-26-02 07:43 PM
FPM C10 [quote]JaggaRichards wrote:
Personally, I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy....

Ah, I love Tom Waits. (He said that on Fernwood Tonight). To continue the thought for my now-long-standing net buddy / birthday boy Nanker - Champagne for my real friends and real pain for my sham friends!

Hey, that whole "let's get healthy" thing is WHACKED. Fuggedaboutit!
03-26-02 09:08 PM
nanky The whole problem with the get healthy thing is it never takes a break. If the motto is get unhealthy -- that's easy. Drink beer, eat wings, sit on the couch. And if you'd like, you can even go a stretch of healthy in an otherwise unhealthy state and it doesn't hurt too awful bad. Anyone that's been through Chiba droughts or no beer in the fridge. Jaxx was an exception -- chiba drought and harping relative - entirely different.

On the other hand, if healthy is the key, even the slightest unhealthy things catch up:

If you're lean, mean, lithe and svelt,
The slighest beer
soon scents are smelt,
the slightest smoke
goes 'cross yer tongue
next thing
you got "chiba lung"

you cough, you wheeze,
you start to hack
you cough yer balls
right out yer sack

I'm getting in my own special shape this year.
There's a band I like that might be touring.
I'd love to see them in London.
Gotta be in party shape for London.
A big old beer bender in London for a Stones show.

So I had some Virginia wine tonite
Takes a little getting used to, but it works
You would all like the song Sweet Virginia a little bit more if'n ya came and saw it. Not tonite though, it's rainy and foggy and drizzley and cold tonight.

I always liked Sweet Virginia -- I thought it was one of the coolest songs off Exile. It starts that whole laid back side 2 from the vinyl days, and "got to scrape the shit right off yer shoes" is one of the all time, greatest, you know it lines ever. Mick hit the harp pretty good on the Stripped version!

My thinking is starting to slur.
That's not good.

and skanky tongues

03-26-02 10:15 PM
Maxlugar Oooooooo, he's gettin' drunk!

Yeah!

03-26-02 11:35 PM
Jaxx its a good idea to clean up your act every now and then just to prove that you are still in control of your life. however, a birthday eve/birthday is not the time to do it. party high and enjoy your birthday. it only happens once a year.

happy 39th.
03-27-02 01:06 AM
Moonlight Mile Happy birthday counselor! Hope all is well. Didn't quite understand the health-unhealth dichotomy you were pitching until your fourth post. 'course by then I was swan diving into the big ineeb (goes with the territory as you know).

Hear ya loud and clear on Rehab though. Never understood why anyone would need that. Its fucking easy to quit drinking! I've done it like 30 or 40 times.

Again, happy birthday. Take no shit from foe tomorrow, for the day is yours, yourns, and yins.

"No mo' exalting form over substance, Ronnie!"
03-27-02 04:13 AM
Cardinal Fang Hey Nankeralan!

Happy 39th Birthday.

Later, Jimmy
03-27-02 04:47 AM
Jumacfly Hi
I don t know who you are but as sly said "we are family"!!!
So happy birthday from france, joyeux anniversaire!!!
Cheers
03-27-02 07:08 AM
nanky Hey thanks for all the great B'day wishes -- I appreciate it.

03-27-02 08:06 AM
The Worst "Happy birthday", as we say in German: "Alles Gute zum Geburtstag!" Good next 39 years *lol*!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.