ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

The Jack Bruce - Mick Taylor Band 1975
Ronnie Leahy, Jack, Carla Bley, Bruce Gary and Mick
Photo by Robert Ellis - Rolling Stone No. 191 July 17th, 1975
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: PROPOSAL TO SAVE THE TOUR Return to archive
03-16-02 12:20 PM
ulfk Suddenly it struck me how to make the tour interesting for all.....do 3 full security shows....that is justified during the 40 year jubilee.....but out of every 4 concerts they should do one at a small club and then only obscure songs....and after the tour release a live album only with these songs......THAT would be a solution!

Ulf

Boots and Booze Burners UNLtd
BURNER TWINS CORPORATIONS
03-16-02 10:32 PM
Jaxx yeah, this makes alot of sense to me. arenas sprinkled with club shows. the CDs cut out of the "obscure tune" club gigs would would leave "stripped" in the dust. but i say put some of those obscure tunes inside all those hot rocks they keep on playing and playing and playing in their arena and stadium gigs.
03-17-02 01:20 PM
sly Not a bad idea, but probably won't happen. Shepherds 99 and Brixton 95 are the closest we'll get to hearing obscure songs, and even those gigs were surrounded by warhorses. As for a live album, the obscure live songs is great idea, but the casual fan will still bitch that jj flash and satisfaction aren't on it. I think if the stones release a new album at the end of this tour, they should have on there site every song they played on the tour,and let the fans vote what they want on it
03-17-02 09:06 PM
Maxlugar No stadiums!

If they really think they will fill a stadium, an arena and then a large club in every city they are nuts. The arena and club will be packed but then there will be a half or 3/4 filled Stadium.

No one wants to see that.

Just do arena's and large clubs, I say.

The music is so much better!

M. Lugarfly.
03-17-02 09:10 PM
Cardinal Ximinez I'd love to go to a half empty stadium show...I'd get better seats!
03-17-02 11:31 PM
The Eggman Ive never NEVER seen an empty staidum, with the INSTITUION that the Stones have built

Would you think that going back to Arena and or clubs would never go back to the simple theory of the clubs and such, that'll bring the Stones down a notch, and who would wanna see that?...why, not me
03-18-02 07:21 AM
Maxlugar If I remember correctly, and I'm sure Gazza or someone else who's good with the statistically history, some of the stadium shows had trouble selling out last time.

Personnally, I don't want to see a big outdoor extravaganza. Those MSG shows last time where head and shoulders above any stadium shows I saw in the past. Music wise I'm talking about.

I really don't see them doing Shea Stadium, MSG and Roseland and selling out like mad at each one. I hope I'm wrong. I hope there is incredible demand. I get my tickets through business associates and haven't paid for the last three tours so I could give a crap. But it's just a feeling. It's only natural that each tour they get further away from the concert going fan base.

But like Xims says, it's more seats for us....
03-18-02 09:00 AM
nankerphelge There were many seats unfilled in the stadiums last time out. And with ticket prices so high for No Security, there were many high price seats that didn't sell too.
03-18-02 04:43 PM
The Worst I have read, that for the first time in many years, the Stones will be playing in halls again. But doesn't sitting on chairs reduce the production of luck hormones?
03-18-02 05:18 PM
Joey 'But doesn't sitting on chairs reduce the production of luck hormones? '

You make young boy Joey say , Huh ???????????

Lost again.................

" Slap Me Hard upside the head Ronnie "

Joey , C10

03-18-02 06:06 PM
The Worst I study psychology, so I'm especially deeply worried about this problem...
03-18-02 07:30 PM
KeepRigid "As for a live album, the obscure live songs is great idea, but the casual fan will still bitch that jj flash and satisfaction aren't on it."

Yep. They already tried this and it tanked.

The Stones 40th is a good party to attend, and I'd be disappointed if we didn't get the ridiculously over-the-top stadium aspect of it. I imagine the club/arena/stadium trifecta will only go down in the big cities, and only then in the place of multiple nights at the same venue.
03-20-02 07:52 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 they better hit the road soon.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.