ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Press Conference in Shanghai April 7,2006
© Liu Jin THANKS GYPSY!!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: where is that vintage footage from the four flicks documentary from? Return to archive
3rd April 2006 08:39 PM
keeef you know when they are on the stage with just the curtain and keef mouthes some of the words

that's awesome and i want to see the whole thing now

anyone have any info on that amazing footage
3rd April 2006 10:09 PM
CraigP What about the one that looks '81-ish when mick and keith both dash out from backstage to the front at the beginning of an outdoor day-show...?

Mick is wearing a red football outfit that says "Mick" as the jersey name with Keith in his coolest ever stage clothes: the 81 ripped t-shirt, studded belt punk outfit
3rd April 2006 10:52 PM
Soldatti
quote:
CraigP wrote:
What about the one that looks '81-ish when mick and keith both dash out from backstage to the front at the beginning of an outdoor day-show...?

Mick is wearing a red football outfit that says "Mick" as the jersey name with Keith in his coolest ever stage clothes: the 81 ripped t-shirt, studded belt punk outfit

That's Leeds '82 I think.
3rd April 2006 11:32 PM
keeef no i'm actually talking about the real old footage where they are all on stage and it cuts to mick saying something like "in the early days there was no design you just walked on stage"

mick is clapping his hands and keith is mouthing the words to the song

it's from the early days
4th April 2006 05:57 AM
Voodoo Scrounge They are singing

"And the joint was a rocking"

Something like that
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
4th April 2006 06:33 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
keeef wrote:
no i'm actually talking about the real old footage where they are all on stage and it cuts to mick saying something like "in the early days there was no design you just walked on stage"

mick is clapping his hands and keith is mouthing the words to the song

it's from the early days

That footage was shot on one of their UK tours in 1964. I can't remember off hand what the location is, but it was taken from a short film about the band.
4th April 2006 07:43 AM
Break The Spell I enjoy all the different clips from various music videos, I wish they would just put out a DVD that has all the videos on it. Rewind is way out of print, was incomplete and didn't even show most of the full videos anyway.
4th April 2006 09:07 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
They are singing

"And the joint was a rocking"

Something like that
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]

'Around and Around' circa 1964 IMO
4th April 2006 09:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man The colour footage of them in the pub and the fans queuing outside the theatre and then rushing in, was part of the same programme. It's great viewing because that must be some of the earliest, if not THE earliest, colour footage of the band. I actually think it was filmed in Hull, or somewhere like that.
4th April 2006 02:19 PM
keeef thanks for the info everyone

wish they would have put full vintage performances on as extras, but you can't have it all

four flicks is a great buy though

i bought it a week ago and can't stop watching

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)