ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Press Conference in Shanghai April 7,2006
© Liu Jin THANKS GYPSY!!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick solo Return to archive
3rd April 2006 08:07 PM
Daethgod Damn me to hell, but in my lead up to the Stones week in OZ next week, I have been getting into my old DVDs, CDs and even some Jagger solo.
Got my guitar teach to go thru a few Mick songs tonight with me.
It has been great to rediscover Kow Tow, Shoot Off Ya Mouth, Evening Gown, Party Doll, Hang on to Me Tonight, Throwaway, Wired All Night.

Every time I hear Kow Tow it brings me back to hearing the chorus for the first time ..

"I won't bow down, I won't kow tow
Won't be seen to, won't be lied to
I won't turn tail, won't be blackmailed by you"

and of course the ripping "Ooh, ooh, ooh"

man i love this band, even their 'underrated shit-canned' solo stuff lights up my world.

"Ooh, ooh, ooh"

3rd April 2006 08:41 PM
Scottfree Always like that song....
3rd April 2006 10:12 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
Always like that song....

I DON'T WANT YOU
I DON'T NEED YOU
I WONT BOW DOWN
I WONT KOW TOW

ONE OF THE BETTER TRACKS ON THE RECORD
3rd April 2006 10:55 PM
Soldatti Great songs on PC, but sadly the bad production brings down the album. Kow Tow and Party Doll are the best tracks on it.
3rd April 2006 11:40 PM
Navin Always liked "Shoot off your mouth" - it rips apart, tearing up with maximum overflow right from the start - like a classic Little Richard tune with Mick's own lascivious glee, bite, and bark. This is followed by the exciting, dangerously riveting and 'cinematic' "Peace for the Wicked"

"Throwaway" opens with the promise of a fantastic journey. Also loved "Radio Control" for its ferocious angst. One more favourite of mine is the ending of "Say you will" which is more in the classic Stones style.

This album will always remain with me as a great companion piece to 'Dirty Work' from that similar era.
3rd April 2006 11:52 PM
glencar Say You Will is indeed a beautiful ballad. It had na incredibly nice video but I haven't seen it in years.
4th April 2006 05:51 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I recently bought live aid on dvd. I like the first song that Jagger does on his own in his solo set. Whats it called.
4th April 2006 06:52 AM
Break The Spell Wandering Spirit is easily my favorite album of his, songs like Wired All Night, Put Me In The Trash and Mother Of A Man are good rockers, and Don't Tear Me Up is one of my favorite songs lyrically Mick ever did, would have been a great stones ballad. I certainly like it better than most of the ballads on VL. Evening Gown and the title cut are great too.
4th April 2006 11:12 AM
gustavobala i like wandering spirit and primitive cool
4th April 2006 11:13 AM
glencar
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
I recently bought live aid on dvd. I like the first song that Jagger does on his own in his solo set. Whats it called.

Just Another Night (from She's The Boss).
4th April 2006 11:31 AM
Monkey Woman The Say You Will video is incredible... '80s-era romantic kitsch to the Nth power! As for the feature long video for the 1st solo album... You gotta love Mick a lot to watch it, it's hilariously silly! But the man is sooo lovable...

There's some good songs on Primitive Cool. The title track and War Baby are my personal favorites.
4th April 2006 11:31 AM
Aunt Jennifer Mother Of A Man is awesome, pure "Stones" like rocker
4th April 2006 11:34 AM
Monkey Woman Oh yeah, Just Another Night... Another cool track. And believe it or not, it was a hit at the time of release. In fact, Mick's 1st solo album was the best received of the 4. Too bad Wandering Spirit didn't get the attention it deserved. Well, at least it meant more Stones albums for us, so I won't complain too much!
4th April 2006 11:42 AM
Break The Spell Sales wise, She's The Boss did the best, but as far as radio play goes, Wandering Spirit had 4 different songs get some good radio play during the spring-summer 93, at least around here. When goddess came out, GGME got a little play for about a month. For a brief period, Throwaway got some play from PC.
4th April 2006 11:44 AM
glencar I like all of 'em about halfway.
4th April 2006 01:41 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
Aunt Jennifer wrote:
Mother Of A Man is awesome, pure "Stones" like rocker

Yeah it's pretty Stones-like... and Mick seems to have done a bit of stealing from himself-- the Lord Help Me Now thing is pretty identical in Out of Control...

Anyway I think WS is an awesome album-- I have a hard time with a lot of Mick's overly 80s stuff but WS is the bomb-- Out of Focus is one of the catchiest songs on the face of the Earth-- and I'm sure it would get more interest among Stones fans if Mick was generally taken as seriously as Keith is.
[Edited by Ihavelotsajam]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)