ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Press Conference in Shanghai April 7,2006
© Liu Jin THANKS GYPSY!!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chuck Berry and Keef Return to archive
1st April 2006 07:44 AM
Daethgod http://youtube.com/watch?v=yb_2u90crsU&search=rolling%20stones

1st April 2006 08:19 AM
Nellcote Thanks, had not seen that in a while.
Feel the tension convention this must have been.
Can't wait for the dvd release this year, I think June 27?
Here's a post from a Clapton web site on the release...

Chuck Berry concert documentary “Hail! Hail! Rock ‘n’ Roll” featuring Eric Clapton and others coming to DVD
News entry published on 26 January 2006 / Last modified on 26 January 2006

Image Entertainment announced it has secured the DVD rights to "Hail! Hail! Rock N' Roll," the much-celebrated 1987 feature film that captured the musical event commemorating the 60th birthday of music legend Chuck Berry.

The firm will release two-disc and four-disc editions with never-before-seen footage, documentaries, interviews and other bonus materials! The new DVD releases are expecting on June 27, 2006.

The film documents the 1986 gathering of great musicians who, at the invitation of Keith Richards, performed for an evening of music to honor Chuck Berry on his 60th birthday. Among the music superstars featured are Eric Clapton, Etta James, Linda Rondstadt, Robert Cray and Julian Lennon. Interviews with legends Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, Roy Orbison, and Bo Diddley are also incorporated into the film.

The bonus materials are truly historic: intimate jam sessions featuring Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, Etta James, Johnny Johnson, Keith Richards and Chuck improvising brilliantly together; extended interviews with many of the original founders of rock & roll; an intimate conversation between Chuck Berry and The Band's Robbie Robertson in which CB talks about his prison experiences for the first time; and much, much more -- over seven hours of new material!

The film is directed by Taylor Hackford, who most recently produced and directed the Oscar-winning biopic "Ray."

Source: Image Entertainment

1st April 2006 08:20 AM
rollmops That's Rock and Roll finest "reality show"; Chuck breaking Keith's balls on how to play the intro riff of "Carol". It was great to watch 28 years ago and it still is. Chuck is badass and Keith holds well under the pressure. The other musicians remain quiet, sort of enjoying the tension between the 2 stars.
Thank you for bringing back that strange moment.
Rock and rollmops
1st April 2006 11:52 AM
SLAVE GREAT VIDEO...i was looking for it some months ago but it wasn´t anywhere on the web
1st April 2006 01:07 PM
glencar The movie is on the Encore Drama channel right now. Keith is in fine form...
1st April 2006 03:35 PM
glencar Them & Muddy...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y3waR-VU2To&search=rolling%20stones
1st April 2006 03:37 PM
glencar For Baby Steel Magnolia...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z72wCH5ZZy0&search=rolling%20stones
1st April 2006 04:00 PM
glencar From German TV!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UIRBpYEioMs&search=rolling%20stones
1st April 2006 09:59 PM
Nellcote GC, You Tube is the "new" drug.
I spent a snowy Sunday for several hours looking up stuff.
It's Wicked Pissa!
1st April 2006 10:19 PM
The Wick
quote:
rollmops wrote:
Chuck breaking Keith's balls on how to play the intro riff of "Carol".

Love the movie. What I was always surprised about is how Keith always played this incident off as Berry treating him badly. However, I remember watching it and he wasn't playing it the way Chuck Berry was or wanted it to sound. That scene was actually one of the places which made me realize that Keith must be a nightmare to work with because he always thinks he's right. Not that Mick doesn't, but I can see why they are always at each others throats with attitudes like that.
2nd April 2006 04:34 AM
The_Worst EVERYONE IN THIS POST SHALL BE GREETED!!!
2nd April 2006 10:39 AM
StickyFishFingers top stuff Daeth. I'm reading Chuck Berry' autobiog at the moment actually. Not a bad read.

3rd April 2006 09:23 AM
Break The Spell Great video clip. My favorite parts of that movie is where Chuck reminices about places he played to get his start during the early 50's.
3rd April 2006 12:06 PM
keefkid
quote:
The Wick wrote:

Love the movie. What I was always surprised about is how Keith always played this incident off as Berry treating him badly. However, I remember watching it and he wasn't playing it the way Chuck Berry was or wanted it to sound. That scene was actually one of the places which made me realize that Keith must be a nightmare to work with because he always thinks he's right. Not that Mick doesn't, but I can see why they are always at each others throats with attitudes like that.

I dont know about that...keith alwasy thinking he's right and being a nightmare to work with??!! he was just playing his style and Chuck was being a bit picky dont ya think...??

anyway luv this movie too have been looking for it forever on DVD but wasnt out until now...

thanks for that clip very cool..
3rd April 2006 12:20 PM
voodoopug it was two stubborn bulls butting heads.
3rd April 2006 12:42 PM
jb Early signs of Keith's impending hair loss. Berry bitter that Keith and Stones used his stuff w/out paying $$$$$$$$$$.
3rd April 2006 04:04 PM
glencar
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
GC, You Tube is the "new" drug.
I spent a snowy Sunday for several hours looking up stuff.
It's Wicked Pissa!

It's an amazing site!
3rd April 2006 04:06 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

It's an amazing site!

I bought some tan/white suede prada sneakers, D&G tan distresed jeans, Silouhette sunglasses, and a white gold peace neclace at saks triple point event yesterday!!! It;s true!!!
3rd April 2006 04:07 PM
glencar I bought fish!
3rd April 2006 04:08 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I bought fish!

dungenous crab?
glencar Joshy, where are you planning on staying in London should you get seats in the first 4 rows?
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

dungenous crab?

Haliburton!
3rd April 2006 04:11 PM
jb Odetta>?\\\
3rd April 2006 04:17 PM
telecaster Great movie, playing on one of the Satellite channels this month

They left out the part where Chuck was arrested for putting a camera in the womens bathroom of his restaurant and taping girls using the john.

And they also left out the part where the police found over 1000 videos of Chuck pissing and shitting into girls mouths
and the reverse

Nice guy

Good guitar player though
[Edited by telecaster]
3rd April 2006 04:18 PM
glencar
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Great movie, playing on one of the Satellite channels this month

They left out the part where Chuck was arrested for putting a camera in the womens bathroom of his restaurant and taping girls using the john.

And they also left out the part where the police found over 1000 videos of Chuck pissing and shitting into girls mouths
and the reverse

Nice guy

Good guitar player though
[Edited by telecaster]

Yes,it's on Encore...

3rd April 2006 04:22 PM
glencar Steelie around these days?
3rd April 2006 10:36 PM
Soldatti Great clip. That site is one of the best around. Great stuff.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)