ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Press Conference in Shanghai April 7,2006
© Liu Jin THANKS GYPSY!!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LA Humiliated For The Ages? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
31st March 2006 11:29 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
yes, I quite enjoyed "Se7en" or however they wrote it...

7 was actually good..Morgan freeman excellent.
31st March 2006 11:30 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Legends Of The Fall = Horrid!

took a date to see that in High School.....thankfully I was otherwise occupied and didnt have to watch that horrible movie (see popcorn bucket stunt)
31st March 2006 11:30 AM
glencar The whole movie was a snorefest.
[Edited by glencar]
31st March 2006 12:28 PM
jb This boot has/will humialite anyone in the greater LA area ....what a sad and pathetic indictment ...but truthfully, LA was never a big Stones town..they love their own kind of Cali rock....
31st March 2006 12:38 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
jb wrote:
This boot has/will humialite anyone in the greater LA area ....what a sad and pathetic indictment ...but truthfully, LA was never a big Stones town..they love their own kind of Cali rock....

That sunny, mellow 70's Cali rock sound?? Didn't know they were still into that stuff in LA so much. I guess it must be the weather they have that attracts them to that sound.
31st March 2006 12:45 PM
jb LA=anti-stones town. They have never embraced the band. San Fran and Oakland much superior!!!!!!!!!!!
31st March 2006 12:48 PM
GimmeExile When you trash "LA" I assume you're talking about Lower Alabama, right?

Los Angeles is the greatest city in the United States.
The only humiliation that occurred on March 6 was for the folks who didn't attend.
31st March 2006 12:51 PM
jb
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
When you trash "LA" I assume you're talking about Lower Alabama, right?

Los Angeles is the greatest city in the United States.
The only humiliation that occurred on March 6 was for the folks who didn't attend.

Many seats available and a total humiliation.....this will alwasy be remembered as "the entire row is empty" show.
31st March 2006 12:51 PM
pdog LA Stones fans gave us Live'r, Correct? Stones bootlegging was basically born is SoCal...
31st March 2006 12:57 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
LA Stones fans gave us Live'r, Correct? Stones bootlegging was basically born is SoCal...

Let's not get carried away..Liver was not very good...Also, Pearl Jam opened 4-5 nights for the Stones in Oakland. LA is no longer even remotely connected to the Stones.
31st March 2006 01:00 PM
Joey " The LA Forum was WIDE OPEN "

http://www.thenudecelebs.com/celebr...is_hilton01.jpg

31st March 2006 01:00 PM
jb Lunch time!!!
31st March 2006 01:02 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Let's not get carried away..Liver was not very good...

It was in early 1970... People thought it was a soundboard, and the show was not recorded from the soundboard. Looking back it's not great, but we have 36 years and thousands of bootlegs to listen to, back then they had about 5 titles.

I don't like LA either, most of the crowd there survives on an attention based diet. BUT, there's alot of exceptions too. NorCal is pretty fucked too, we just have better air and water.
31st March 2006 01:02 PM
Break The Spell Taco fish time!!
31st March 2006 01:03 PM
Joey
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Taco fish time!!

You makr Joey smile
31st March 2006 01:03 PM
pdog I see bread, yup, that oven is baking bread...
31st March 2006 02:10 PM
Dan There was a block in the lower level at the opposite side of the arena that stayed empty all night. I am sure walk up crowd might have been affected by the weather not to mention the rudeness of putting the gig on sale before their November shows had been played. I went in as soon I got there to see the opener so I have no idea how the street scene was.

I was at the very top of the arena, Keith's side, directly to the side. Its where the top wall curves down and I had a one seat row against that wall. There was room for a seat and a half there so my cousin who was a section over squeezed in.

How does the Forum boot compare with this?

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2L27FSYMCIV9V3L7IHSZCHS0UP
31st March 2006 02:26 PM
Jumping Jack Not a fair evaluation because I am only listening to your on my PC speakers, but both sound like similar very good quality. A better sound system might reveal one is clearly better than the other. This is just a quick 2 cents worth.

I'd be interested in the input of others.
31st March 2006 02:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Let's not get carried away..Liver was not very good...Also, Pearl Jam opened 4-5 nights for the Stones in Oakland. LA is no longer even remotely connected to the Stones.

Liver was frim Oakland, not LA if I recall. Pearl Jam (who is back with a bang with their new songs and will tour with exhaustingly long and ever rotating setlists in a little over a month!!) saved the stones on a few occasions (also see Pitt 2005....Ed even took a moment to dedicate one of the songs to Charlie!!
31st March 2006 02:59 PM
Break The Spell Mike McCready is a huge Stones fan. Their a great live act, hope to catch 'em this year sometime.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)