ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Press Conference in Shanghai April 7,2006
© Liu Jin THANKS GYPSY!!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LA Humiliated For The Ages? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
31st March 2006 08:59 AM
Jumping Jack Isn’t interesting how audience lines from CDs live on for the ages? Paint it black, paint it black you devils from Ya Yas is but one example.

The recent LA Forum bootleg has a similar notable line, one that will humiliate LA for the ages. The very first thing you hear on the CD is a fan approaching the taper and claiming his f’g seat doesn’t exist and he wants to sit in the tapers row. The taper then says sure, the ENTIRE ROW IS EMPTY!!! This is just seconds before the show starts.

As LA had one of the best set lists of the tour, and is a decent recording, I expect this line will be heard often and for many years to come. The shame of it all. The LA Forum was WIDE OPEN and even young Jake’s papering couldn’t fill the house. It is hard to be a Stones fan today.

What say you JB?
31st March 2006 09:01 AM
Break The Spell I'm afraid its only the die-hards that truly care anymore.
31st March 2006 09:40 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
What say you JB?

Let me guess.... "the whole row is open". Not a sell-out. Humiliating. Again...
31st March 2006 09:41 AM
mac_daddy i am not sure what you mean by all this...

first of all, los angeles got arguably the finest cluster of shows anywhere thus far on the tour, in terms of setlist and performance...

secondly, re: the forum show. that is just a baseless assumption. to begin with, the place was packed. i bet alot of people missed the opening bit because it was so packed that moving around to get beer or use the facilities was an absolute nightmare...

now if you wanna talk about how the taper seems to get shuffled around, and what a d*ck move it was to seemingly set security on him - asking for a ticket, etc. - i am with you a 100%. but those incidents simply speak to a few surrounding individuals, not the crowd or the city at large...

that show was one of the finest of the tour, and it was no accident that it happened in los angeles, and did not occur in a locale such as, say, nebraska or fla...
[Edited by mac_daddy]
31st March 2006 09:44 AM
Lazy Bones
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
i am not sure what you mean by all this...

moi?
31st March 2006 09:49 AM
mac_daddy oh no, not you lb...

jj - i think he just misunderstands the situation he hears on the recording. there aint no misunderstanding the performance, though - it rocks!!!
31st March 2006 09:51 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
- it rocks!!!

Isn't it the essential?
31st March 2006 09:58 AM
voodoopug This is an utter embarrassment! I cannot wait to hear the boot of this show as I think they received the best setlist. Sadly, multi show stops in most cities will have to stop, the attendance is just too week (see Philly2, San Fran 2, LA Forum) Very few cities can handle multiple shows (see Miami/FT Lauderdale, NYC, Boston, Chicago, and anywhere in Sweeden)
31st March 2006 09:59 AM
Jumping Jack The recording is fine. With all the jokes here about empty seats and humiliation I found the taper's comment that his row was entirely empty to be funny.

As for the stoner who couldn't find his seat, morons like that exist in every city.

The joke isn't a personal attack on LA, it is simply funny that the very first thing you hear on the recording is that the entire row is empty.

Could that have happened in Omaha, LOL?
31st March 2006 10:00 AM
Jumacfly another humiliation!!!

www.maxfisch.com
[Edited by Jumacfly]
31st March 2006 10:02 AM
voodoopug the only good news is that this is a stones related topic and few will read it or care.....we (true fans) are a dying breed (see Spotted Owls)
31st March 2006 10:08 AM
Lazy Bones Clearly the Stones don't find it embarrassing. Setlists like those don't surface without a reason.

The Forum (and LA's fans) clearly justifies receipt of such a set.

No doubt a sell-out, mac!

Tis a great boot, to boot...
31st March 2006 10:11 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
Clearly the Stones don't find it embarrassing. Setlists like those don't surface without a reason.

The Forum (and LA's fans) clearly justifies receipt of such a set.

No doubt a sell-out, mac!

Tis a great boot, to boot...

for the right price, humiliation can be ignored (see large guarantees, also see Young Jake Cohl)
31st March 2006 10:14 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
that show was one of the finest of the tour, and it was no accident that it happened in los angeles, and did not occur in a locale such as, say, nebraska or fla...
[Edited by mac_daddy]

Damn MD, we got a couple of real nice shows in FLA, particularly Sunrise. Let's all keep in mind that Fla (particularly St. Petersburg) is God's Country.

RT
31st March 2006 10:16 AM
jb As Pug and I have accurately stated this entire tour, many veues were literally wide open. The California shows, in particular, were a humiliation(see San Fran, Hollwood Bowls, and LA Forum). As this pointd out, an entire row wide open. The Stones, arguably, played some of thir best set lists, to a region which long ago chose bands like the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, and U2 over them. Jake tried very hard, and for the most part, was able to fill venues. But when you have sitiations like this, or stadiums, it is simply impossible.
31st March 2006 10:19 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
As Pug and I have accurately stated this entire tour, many veues were literally wide open. The California shows, in particular, were a humiliation(see San Fran, Hollwood Bowls, and LA Forum). As this pointd out, an entire row wide open. The Stones, arguably, played some of thir best set lists, to a region which long ago chose bands like the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, and U2 over them. Jake tried very hard, and for the most part, was able to fill venues. But when you have sitiations like this, or stadiums, it is simply impossible.

as I have been telling you, no matter how many hundred times we are correct, we will still be attacked and accused of mis information. We broke story after story this tour and yet many attempt to humiliate us. We must keep it in perspective, our connections, our lifestyle, and our intellect will make us targets.

Thankfully, we have Joey to lead us (and now this is even easier as his finger light can lead us through the dark times!!)
31st March 2006 10:22 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

as I have been telling you, no matter how many hundred times we are correct, we will still be attacked and accused of mis information. We broke story after story this tour and yet many attempt to humiliate us. We must keep it in perspective, our connections, our lifestyle, and our intellect will make us targets.

Thankfully, we have Joey to lead us (and now this is even easier as his finger light can lead us through the dark times!!)

Could not have saids it better myself...people attack us b/c we speak the truth and tell the "real story". They also resent our material success and wish they had the type of life-style we lead. Joey certainly has been an inspiration to us, as his wit and humor is unsurpassed on amy message board.
31st March 2006 10:25 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Could not have saids it better myself...people attack us b/c we speak the truth and tell the "real story". They also resent our material success and wish they had the type of life-style we lead. Joey certainly has been an inspiration to us, as his wit and humor is unsurpassed on amy message board.

THere was a rumor that on the old "Prodigy" message boards in the late Eighties there was a poster as talented as Joey, but I cannot confirm this, so I have no choice but to keep Joey atop the mountain:

31st March 2006 10:26 AM
voodoodrew There is a simple solution to the problem of not filling second shows - don't give people the exact same fucking setlist/show the next night. I made the mistake of going to back to back shows in San Fran in '02 and with the exception of 2 or 3 songs in the first 9, it was the same setlist, and quite frankly, it's boring to see the same thing 2 nights in a row.

I don't know why the band thinks they have to play JJF, HTW, Satisfaction, SFTD, etc, at every single show. I argue they'd be more successful if they did not.
31st March 2006 10:32 AM
voodoopug
quote:
voodoodrew wrote:
There is a simple solution to the problem of not filling second shows - don't give people the exact same fucking setlist/show the next night. I made the mistake of going to back to back shows in San Fran in '02 and with the exception of 2 or 3 songs in the first 9, it was the same setlist, and quite frankly, it's boring to see the same thing 2 nights in a row.

I don't know why the band thinks they have to play JJF, HTW, Satisfaction, SFTD, etc, at every single show. I argue they'd be more successful if they did not.

In order to demand the large ticket prices, the general masses must be satisfied. Unfortunately that means their target audience are corporate clients who attend one show each and pay top dollar. Sadly, this is necessary if we wish to continue to stake claim to "Top Grossing Tour" If we change the setlist dramatically now (it worked in 2002-2003 with the different sized venues), we will lose to U2, Macca, and/or Wings tribute bands.
31st March 2006 10:34 AM
Nellcote Julian Tavarez will lead us to the Promised Land!
31st March 2006 10:35 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Isn’t interesting how audience lines from CDs live on for the ages? Paint it black, paint it black you devils from Ya Yas is but one example.

The recent LA Forum bootleg has a similar notable line, one that will humiliate LA for the ages. The very first thing you hear on the CD is a fan approaching the taper and claiming his f’g seat doesn’t exist and he wants to sit in the tapers row. The taper then says sure, the ENTIRE ROW IS EMPTY!!! This is just seconds before the show starts.

As LA had one of the best set lists of the tour, and is a decent recording, I expect this line will be heard often and for many years to come. The shame of it all. The LA Forum was WIDE OPEN and even young Jake’s papering couldn’t fill the house. It is hard to be a Stones fan today.

What say you JB?

Welcome back JJ...where you been?..Yes I heard that and startin laughin my ass off.Still waiting for a better recording from LA show or the ATL2 but sadly.....nothing on horizon?.....
31st March 2006 10:36 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Julian Tavarez will lead us to the Promised Land!

Is Manny in a good mood today?

31st March 2006 10:37 AM
jb Tour gross is what is the most important aspect of the Stones. The LA shows had great guarantees, despite the very weak attendance and uninspired audiences. LA has and never will be a Stones town. They prefer either mellow California pop(Eagles) or speed metal.
[Edited by jb]
31st March 2006 10:38 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Julian Tavarez will lead us to the Promised Land!

Funny! He punches like a girl though.
31st March 2006 10:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Tour gross is what is the most important aspect of the Stones The LA shows had great guarantees, despite the very weak attendance and uninspired audiences.

Unfortunately, we have grown to expect miracles from Young Jake, but we must remember, he is only human. I assure you those seats were "paid for" through the stones guarantee. THe fans of LA were the ones punished as we all know, empty seats increase the echo and adversely affect sound quality. I suspect this is why a better boot doesnt exist, empty seats! I hate to even think how many other rows were empty...were any sections tarped off? (See Black Crowes/Trey NYE at MSG)
31st March 2006 10:41 AM
voodoopug
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Funny! He punches like a girl though.

ex cub factor

what an idiot:

http://www.outsports.com/antigay/tavarez.htm
[Edited by voodoopug]
31st March 2006 10:43 AM
Nellcote Manny has emerged as the clubhouse force.
His dreadlocks are colored, which is a sign he's happy.
He has a new confidant in Enrique Wilson, who will carry his baggage.
We now have a fearsome Dominican Troika in the middle
of the lineup with:

Wily Mo
Ortiz
Manny

We now have a fighting squad of pitchers, with Schilling healthy, a young bulldog named Papelbon, Foulke showing great promise, Beckett adapting to his new surroundings well, and an outside shot of signing Clemens in June, so he can retire a Red Sox.

New seating has been installed in Fenway, opening day is a few weeks away.

We have been humiliated with not one, but two
Dave Matthews shows this summer at Fenway, it is really
going to be torture to have to watch this.
Gone are the days of sitting at the Cask N' Flagon, with my pal Wintah, listening the the rehearsal of Infamy on that hot summa night last August...

WE SHALL PREVAIL IN THE AL EAST....

We now return you to the thread of which you came to visit..
31st March 2006 10:44 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Unfortunately, we have grown to expect miracles from Young Jake, but we must remember, he is only human. I assure you those seats were "paid for" through the stones guarantee. THe fans of LA were the ones punished as we all know, empty seats increase the echo and adversely affect sound quality. I suspect this is why a better boot doesnt exist, empty seats! I hate to even think how many other rows were empty...were any sections tarped off? (See Black Crowes/Trey NYE at MSG)

The guarantees must be in place before any future LA shows(see mini tour).
31st March 2006 10:45 AM
Jumping Jack The Drake says he is still working on ATL2 but was having trouble with his computer, busy with other things, yada yada yada. From past experiences I know Drake to be a good trader and expect one day for this boot to be completed, perhaps in time for the Fox show this fall! Maybe he will pass them out at the preparty, LOL!!!

http://iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,389684

"Re: Drake
Posted by: drake (IP Logged)
Date: March 30, 2006 04:33

I appologize man. I really have been insanely busy. Ask Steve, Crossfire or ONNYA and they'll coroborate this. I'll shoot you an email soon but if its about Atlanta just know that tonight I am completely fragging my harddrive. Thank God for backup drives. My laptop got to the point where I couldnt record anything, let alone mix, due to the processor being overloaded. Now we believe its the harddrive so we'll see what happens. At any pace I'm ripping the mix and finishing the editing on a friend's home desktop if I cant get my laptop reformatted tonight.

Feel free to hit me up by phone if you like: 502.609.9317

Drake"
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)