ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Press Conference in Shanghai April 7,2006
© Liu Jin THANKS GYPSY!!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Do you think Keef seems lonely in the Four Flicks documentary? Return to archive
30th March 2006 11:01 PM
keeef I love Keith, but doesn't he come across a bit sad in the Four Flicks doc? Like seeing Mick laughing and joking around and Keith just sitting there on the floor. It's a bit sad. I hope Keith's private life is going good. He seems like a really nice guy - do you know anything about him like if he's with a girl now?
30th March 2006 11:11 PM
The Eggman No offence!, but that seems like a TEEN PEOPLE or TIGERBEAT question to ask Keith...
30th March 2006 11:31 PM
PeerQueer Actually it is a fair question - I noted the same thing.

Keith does have an air of sadness about him, but that is nothing new really, and it does appear to be sincere, unlike Mick, whose laughter at times is terribly forced. His children are grown, his body is likely far more tired, and his once glorious head of hair has been reduced to scraps - though he wears those scraps pretty well -all critics be damned! And Lord knows the man has buried more than a few friends over the years...

Folks don't give Keith enough credit - - he is a very complicated and interesting man. Far deeper and more learned than his simple outlaw image projects.

His songs of the last 15 years certainly shows a man very aware of the ticking of time. Mick has dabbled in those waters, Keith swims in them...

I believe there is a line in that set where he says whilst riding in the back of a limo regarding playing live, "It's really the only thing I do well..." And there is without a doubt a tinge of sadness when he says it. A very sincere and unguarded moment - the kind Mick would never allow to partake in himself.

I thank you for your question - yes, Keith is laughing far less these days - perhaps knowing full well the days ahead are far less than those behind...
30th March 2006 11:47 PM
keeef yea, that was a sad moment and it does bug me sometimes that mick never really lets us see him being real - he's very protective of his image. like in the doc we always have to see mick smiling or joking around, but i dont' think there is one shot of him just sitting quietly and being pensive.

but didn't keef say something once like..."Mick has his own problems though - he's a very lonely guy."
31st March 2006 12:03 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
keeef wrote:
yea, that was a sad moment and it does bug me sometimes that mick never really lets us see him being real - he's very protective of his image. like in the doc we always have to see mick smiling or joking around, but i dont' think there is one shot of him just sitting quietly and being pensive.

but didn't keef say something once like..."Mick has his own problems though - he's a very lonely guy."

MICK HAS JUST DECIDED TO MAKE THE MOST OF THE TIME GIVEN TO HIM;WE COULD ALL LEARN THAT LESSON
31st March 2006 12:11 AM
glencar It's Lonely At The Top.
31st March 2006 01:51 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Ahhhh

Let all go and give Keith a big hug
31st March 2006 02:04 AM
pdog Only A Crowd Can Make You Feel So Alone !!!
31st March 2006 06:02 AM
gorda Well, if Keith is lonely and needs some company . . .

He could call me!

I will quit my job immediately.

And, become his personal assistant!

And, travel with him on tour! I will get him his morning coffee, teach him how to speak Spanish, and help him write his memoirs.

My salary? Teach me how to play guitar!

Hey, a girl can dream can't she . . .
31st March 2006 06:17 AM
Break The Spell To answer your question if he has a girl or not, he has been married to Patti for around 25 years and they have 2 daughters.
31st March 2006 06:22 AM
speedfreakjive of course he's not lonely,
31st March 2006 07:22 AM
egon
31st March 2006 11:49 AM
PeerQueer
quote:
egon wrote:

What a wonderful photo - my favorite Keith hair with that touch of grey on the sides ala One Hit to the Body video. He looked damn fine that year!
31st March 2006 12:00 PM
jb Keith is basically shy;Mick can't stop moving. They compliment each other....Keith rarely leaves his room on tour, while Mick is out and about ....they simply are opposites except when it comes to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
31st March 2006 12:00 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
PeerQueer wrote:

What a wonderful photo - my favorite Keith hair with that touch of grey on the sides ala One Hit to the Body video. He looked damn fine that year!

Thats also about the time Keith did that Hail, Hail Rock 'N Roll movie with Chuck Berry. I love how Chuck kept making Keith play that intro to Carol until he nailed it in Chuck's eyes!!
31st March 2006 02:26 PM
keeef love the chuck berry thing

keith would have knocked anyone else out that treated him like that, but he loved chuck so much that he took it
31st March 2006 02:34 PM
Egbert
quote:
jb wrote:
Keith is basically shy;Mick can't stop moving. They compliment each other....Keith rarely leaves his room on tour, while Mick is out and about ....they simply are opposites except when it comes to $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That, and pre-1981 (or so), music.
31st March 2006 02:35 PM
speedfreakjive he's not fucking lonely, can we just leave it at that?
31st March 2006 06:35 PM
Soldatti He's no lonely, his family is always there on tour.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)