ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Press Conference in Shanghai April 7,2006
© Liu Jin THANKS GYPSY!!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FYI Please Read Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
30th March 2006 11:16 AM
FPM C10
quote:
pdog wrote:

If you notice, I posted on topic, responded to a question with a lite hearted joke and then was attacked... For the record, I like Flea alot. It's sad to see how he would rather try to be right, instead of happy. Sitting across the steet in NYC like a kid holding his breath showed me how far he will go with his resentments. Once he's got a resentment, he'd rather be right, than happy. And what if he's wrong?

(Not clogging the thread up with politics - I think everyone got the message about Dan Rease.)

We seem to have a hard time telling when we are serious and when we're not, Pdog. I really didn't think your "why does Flea hate our troops" comments were serious, (they WEREN'T, were they? I thought they were just you stirring the pot) so I gave 'em back in exactly the same manner. Not seriously. The yellow ribbon was bigger than I thought it was so it made my post look a bit more strident than it was meant to be.

I WAS serious that your moving pictures make my computer move like molasses, but I wasn't "attacking" you for it.

As for NYC, get OVER it. I wasn't holding my breath. I didn't want to go hang out with people I can't stand, and who can't stand me. I don't think that's all that strange. The fact that you came over and said "hi" was nice, although since you didn't say anything about it I didn't realize you were silently imploring me to go party with people who have seemingly devoted a portion of their lives to ridiculing me, and that you will now bitch about it forever.

In hindsight, I guess you should've just stayed where you were. My friends and me sitting across the street was SS's idea, so he could go back and forth between the two locations. In hindsight I should've gone somewhere else to drink, so you would have less to piss and moan about. Somehow SheRat and Maxmeister were able to come over and say hi without lecturing me about it afterward. That was nice. To me, it wasn't a huge deal then, and it's no deal at all now. You and your right-wing crackpot friends are the only ones still talking about it. It was over THREE MONTHS AGO.

My thoughts that day were all about how going to see the Stones was a ritual that I'd followed ever since I was 17, and that that one was probably the last one I would see, and it made me sad. It didn't once occur to me to go across the street to beg Fiji to forgive me for, um, whatever it is you thought I should apologize about, or to kiss Lugar's ring, or anything of the sort. Screw those guys. Life's too short to hang out with warmongers.

Oh, as for Lugar's claim that he's never banned anyone - I guess it was purely a coincidence that he wrote "goodbye old friend" (sic) and then I was unable to sign on to his board anymore, and that the exact same thing happened to some guy from Keno's board. I see that the not-a-ban has been lifted, so I guess he can lie with a clear conscience. Oh, wait, he's a Republican - they can all do that! Anyway, I was glad he banned me, because I wanted to quit posting on his board (it had become a Talya-like exercise in masochism) but think it is so freaking stupid when people make those embarrassing "I will never post here again!" posts. So thanks for that, Maxy!

"You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore!"
30th March 2006 11:19 AM
jb I would have gone to Joes but I had young JB and it was just to much "
bar-hopping". I also would have gone to that "gentlemen's retreat" club for a "quickie" but see above..................seriously!!...........................ss"
30th March 2006 11:24 AM
Reginald Denny
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz

Did anyone actually read that?

Vagisil brother. Get some.

[Edited by Reginald Denny]
30th March 2006 11:25 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Reginald Denny wrote:

Vagisil brother. Get some.

Why don't you post under your old handle? Nobody would laugh. Much.
30th March 2006 11:25 AM
jb http://z.about.com/d/altreligion/1/0/u/K/2/smagen.jpg
30th March 2006 11:27 AM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Why don't you post under your old handle? Nobody would laugh. Much.

??? Please identify!!!
30th March 2006 11:29 AM
Joey " Screw those guys. Life's too short to hang out with warmongers. "

You are much loved by Joey

" History will prove us RIGHT Ronnie ! "

Joeykins !

30th March 2006 11:31 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Please do not ruin this tread with politics. This thread has a purpose, to warn fellow fans that a known scam is back into effect!

I'VE BEEN SCAMMED AND SPAMMED BY JOEY SINCE THIS STARTED
30th March 2006 11:34 AM
Joey " I'VE BEEN SCAMMED AND SPAMMED BY JOEY SINCE THIS STARTED "

30th March 2006 11:45 AM
pdog
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

(Not clogging the thread up with politics - I think everyone got the message about Dan Rease.)

We seem to have a hard time telling when we are serious and when we're not, Pdog. I really didn't think your "why does Flea hate our troops" comments were serious, (they WEREN'T, were they? I thought they were just you stirring the pot) so I gave 'em back in exactly the same manner. Not seriously. The yellow ribbon was bigger than I thought it was so it made my post look a bit more strident than it was meant to be.

I WAS serious that your moving pictures make my computer move like molasses, but I wasn't "attacking" you for it.

As for NYC, get OVER it. I wasn't holding my breath. I didn't want to go hang out with people I can't stand, and who can't stand me. I don't think that's all that strange. The fact that you came over and said "hi" was nice, although since you didn't say anything about it I didn't realize you were silently imploring me to go party with people who have seemingly devoted a portion of their lives to ridiculing me, and that you will now bitch about it forever.

In hindsight, I guess you should've just stayed where you were. My friends and me sitting across the street was SS's idea, so he could go back and forth between the two locations. In hindsight I should've gone somewhere else to drink, so you would have less to piss and moan about. Somehow SheRat and Maxmeister were able to come over and say hi without lecturing me about it afterward. That was nice. To me, it wasn't a huge deal then, and it's no deal at all now. You and your right-wing crackpot friends are the only ones still talking about it. It was over THREE MONTHS AGO.

My thoughts that day were all about how going to see the Stones was a ritual that I'd followed ever since I was 17, and that that one was probably the last one I would see, and it made me sad. It didn't once occur to me to go across the street to beg Fiji to forgive me for, um, whatever it is you thought I should apologize about, or to kiss Lugar's ring, or anything of the sort. Screw those guys. Life's too short to hang out with warmongers.

Oh, as for Lugar's claim that he's never banned anyone - I guess it was purely a coincidence that he wrote "goodbye old friend" (sic) and then I was unable to sign on to his board anymore, and that the exact same thing happened to some guy from Keno's board. I see that the not-a-ban has been lifted, so I guess he can lie with a clear conscience. Oh, wait, he's a Republican - they can all do that! Anyway, I was glad he banned me, because I wanted to quit posting on his board (it had become a Talya-like exercise in masochism) but think it is so freaking stupid when people make those embarrassing "I will never post here again!" posts. So thanks for that, Maxy!

"You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore!"

Flea you act like this happened to you, and you had no part in it... I'm fucking with you, it's funny... BUT!!! you brought up the possibilty of violence in NYC as your reason for not hanging out, yet chose to hang out so close. The reason I didn't say anything, that night, is b/c even your lovely girlfriend thought you were being stubborn. She wanted to move past it, and said so to me outside! This sin't about me joking about crossing the street. You've continued to throw plenty of jabs yourself. Mostly political, which is how this all started. I know I can't make this right between you and Max. I joke about it, like I could, but it's a fart in the wind.
This much is true from my experience. You brought the possibilty of someone becoming violent into the gathering, you were at the bar closest to the gathering. You know what that is in my mind Flea. Speculative assumption and antagonizing. No one in their right mind would go that close to a place they feared would be physically dangerous, especially if they were the only ones who ever mentioned that being a possibilty. No matter what you say about the war mongering friends of mine, you can't deny my experience with them. I did in fact at one time threaten them openly on Keno's board. With the same venomous hatred you display for them now. Not only did I realize My anger was wrong, it was also misguided. They showed me they could forgive me and start new. Friendship is born, despite our obvious disagreement politically. It's realy very much like what you did, except you didn't threaten them, you accused them of possibly attacking you, and then got as close to them as possible in NYC. It's ironic, b/c I call that watr mongering. Trying to smack the bee's hive, and then complain that they might sting you. It's really irrelevant at this point. I believe that you can't function in a gray area. It must be black or white, right or wrong. Your pride won't allow you mend the fence or admit any wrong doing on your part, only thr wrong doing of others. Which, they are wrong too, and have their parts to play. If you can honestly say to yourself, you never manipulated these boards or any circumstances around the NYC 2006 gathering, then my friend (not sarcastic) sleep well. From my POV I thin you did. I think alot of people did, me includued. I wanted to manipulate the situation to see all of us kicking it. I was never dishonest, and never judgemntal. Now I'm sarcastic about it, especially towards you. And that's b/c you've manipulated the truth post-gathering many times. You're going to tell me all the baiting with Fiji got you banned? And this is true b/c another person, who is famous for fighting with posters said he was too, on another board? How Karl Rove spin machine of you, maybe Bill O'Reilly can use this as his lead tonight. You are acting like the very thing you claim to be against, yet justify b/c your politics are different. Touche' !!!
Be right or be happy!
Sorry this is so long, it's all free thought, unspell checked ect...
I am your friend Flea... If i wasn't I wouldn't have been bothering for so long. And yes, I'm Fiji's friend too. And you're both assholes, like me, and both really good people, like me... So, deep down, do I still hold out hope this can be fixed... Yes! i do, I'm liberal like that I guess!
30th March 2006 12:17 PM
jb http://z.about.com/d/altreligion/1/0/u/K/2/smagen.jpg
30th March 2006 12:29 PM
jb The Summitt that almost was.......................
30th March 2006 12:30 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

30th March 2006 03:41 PM
FPM C10
quote:
pdog wrote:

Flea you act like this happened to you, and you had no part in it... I'm fucking with you, it's funny... BUT!!! Yadda yadda yadd...So, deep down, do I still hold out hope this can be fixed... Yes! i do, I'm liberal like that I guess!

PDoggie Dogg!

NOBODY cares about this. NOBODY. So PLEASE give it up. I wonder, though - do you spend as much time trying to convince those assholes how lovable I am as you do telling me that I need to do whatever it is you think I need to do to atone for the sin of not going to the right bar in NYC?

Attention everyone: Max Lugar did not ban me. In fact he BEGGED me to come back and said he would vote Democrat for the rest of his life if I did!!! Well actually that last part isn't true. But Maxy, God bless him, did not ban me. In fact he said Joey and Steelie and me were all welcome to spend the summer camping in his spacious backyard! Well, no, actually that last part isn't even remotely close to the truth. BUT!!! Max Lugar did not ban me!
30th March 2006 03:43 PM
jb Can you spell JOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You shall be greeted!!!!
30th March 2006 03:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Can you spell JOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You shall be greeted!!!!

still no thawing...perhaps even a deeper freeze

30th March 2006 03:46 PM
Joey " Attention everyone: Max Lugar did not ban me. In fact he BEGGED me to come back and said he would vote Democrat for the rest of his life if I did!!! Well actually that last part isn't true. But Maxy, God bless him, did not ban me. In fact he said Joey and Steelie and me were all welcome to spend the summer camping in his spacious backyard! Well, no, actually that last part isn't even remotely close to the truth. BUT!!! Max Lugar did not ban me! "

His backyard contains many ' LIFESIZED ' statues of himself . Word .

30th March 2006 03:49 PM
glencar Good God! I made mistakes during summit weekend but you don't see me going on & on about it. It was my fault & I have to live with it. Can we move on to something important like the Bush admin's complete turnaround on CAFE standards?
30th March 2006 03:51 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Attention everyone: Max Lugar did not ban me. In fact he BEGGED me to come back and said he would vote Democrat for the rest of his life if I did!!! Well actually that last part isn't true. But Maxy, God bless him, did not ban me. In fact he said Joey and Steelie and me were all welcome to spend the summer camping in his spacious backyard! Well, no, actually that last part isn't even remotely close to the truth. BUT!!! Max Lugar did not ban me! "

Actually, he's got a cool backyard that's full of nature. Just like mine. Some of us evil Republicans are closer to nature than others would ever care to admit.
30th March 2006 03:52 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:
"

????
30th March 2006 03:55 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:
Good God! I made mistakes during summit weekend but you don't see me going on & on about it. It was my fault & I have to live with it. Can we move on to something important like the Bush admin's complete turnaround on CAFE standards?

That was MY point to PDog. As usual, we agree completely!!!

But I DID promise Maxy I would set the record straight about his not banning me. Just a glitch, I guess.

"Complete" turnaround? I heard that as a result of it, over the course of the next 20 years we may save as much as a MONTH's supply of oil!! I may buy TWO SUVs!
30th March 2006 03:57 PM
glencar My mistake was going to Walter's & skipping Stout's because I thought I'd have more time than I did. Ay carumba!

24 MPG is about twice what those things are getting now. Excpet for mine. It's less than my hybrid SUV...
30th March 2006 03:58 PM
glencar I haven't been to Maxy's in a while. I'll have to stop in. Do you still post there despite the non-banning?
30th March 2006 04:09 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I haven't been to Maxy's in a while. I'll have to stop in. Do you still post there despite the non-banning?

Yes he just did... Very insightful. Seems even though his g/f told me he was being stupid and she wanted to go to Stouts, she stood by him and remained at Joes. Ironically a comment about her, taken out of context and later retracted was the grounds for his not going... BUT, it gets better, he made prejudicial remarks that people would get violent b/c of the fighting on the boards.
This circular logic, and his refusal to budge, shows me no matter how much I may agree with Flea on politics, once he decides to hate and fight, there is no end to the conflict. He has become exactly that which he claims to oppose.
And yet, he still doesn't see, that I'm his friend, he'd rather be right than happy, and accusing rather than understanding.
There's hatred on both sides.. No healing at this point. I was put in a position to take sides. I guess I did, I sided with the person who forgave me for being a creptarted asshole online and became a friend in real life.
30th March 2006 04:12 PM
FPM C10
quote:
pdog wrote:
There's hatred on both sides.. No healing at this point. I was put in a position to take sides. I guess I did, I sided with the person who forgave me for being a creptarted asshole online and became a friend in real life.

Great...will you please shut the fuck up now?

Because at this point you are the ONLY person who cares.
30th March 2006 04:15 PM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Great...will you please shut the fuck up now?

Because at this point you are the ONLY person who cares.

I remember when my daddy(rip) put on his knee and said'ohh, Joshy you're a fool to cry...your're a fool to cry, and it makes me wonder why"....
30th March 2006 04:16 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
jb wrote:

I remember when my daddy(rip) put on his knee and said'ohh, Joshy you're a fool to cry...your're a fool to cry, and it makes me wonder why"....

Words of wisdom!! Maybe you could make a song out of that or somethin'. Oh, wait....
30th March 2006 04:20 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Yes he just did... Very insightful. Seems even though his g/f told me he was being stupid and she wanted to go to Stouts, she stood by him and remained at Joes. Ironically a comment about her, taken out of context and later retracted was the grounds for his not going... BUT, it gets better, he made prejudicial remarks that people would get violent b/c of the fighting on the boards.
This circular logic, and his refusal to budge, shows me no matter how much I may agree with Flea on politics, once he decides to hate and fight, there is no end to the conflict. He has become exactly that which he claims to oppose.
And yet, he still doesn't see, that I'm his friend, he'd rather be right than happy, and accusing rather than understanding.

I used to hate you & SheRat at one point & then I realized that you're both good people & even if we disagree, it's no hanging matter. I used to get furious with FPM but I knew him long enough before that to realize I could let our political stuff matter less than it seemed to at the time. While politics is important to me, I'd never throw a newspaper in someone's face just because they disagreed with me. See glencar's brother-in-law Scott in re global warming...
30th March 2006 04:29 PM
FPM C10 Conversely, I liked PDog immensely when we actually met, but his need to keep rehashing events of 1/20 until I agree to french-kiss Fiji is starting to make me reconsider!

Everyone doesn't NEED to like everyone else. OK?
30th March 2006 04:33 PM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Conversely, I liked PDog immensely when we actually met, but his need to keep rehashing events of 1/20 until I agree to french-kiss Fiji is starting to make me reconsider!

Everyone doesn't NEED to like everyone else. OK?

I remember having to wear a tag as a young boy on my coat "Von Juden" and my classmates laughed at me. Why !!!! Was I gay?

[Edited by jb]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)