ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Press Conference in Shanghai April 7,2006
© Liu Jin THANKS GYPSY!!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: oh my, pete doherty - you gotta slow down (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
23rd March 2006 02:00 PM
Altamont
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Was this back in the day when he was known as "Kurdt" and Nirvana had the drummer from the Melvins??

Three songs that Kurt recorded with Dale(drummer from the Melvins) back in 1985 leaked onto the internet a couple days ago and more songs from the same session are going to turn up soon.
23rd March 2006 02:03 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Three songs that Kurt recorded with Dale(drummer from the Melvins) back in 1985 leaked onto the internet a couple days ago and more songs from the same session are going to turn up soon.

Sounds good, I love Dale Crover's playing style, definately be interested in checking this out.
23rd March 2006 02:10 PM
Altamont
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:

Sounds good, I love Dale Crover's playing style, definately be interested in checking this out.

Look around and you'll find em pretty easily. The fan sites are being careful as they don't want Courtney to crush them.
23rd March 2006 02:15 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Look around and you'll find em pretty easily. The fan sites are being careful as they don't want Courtney to crush them.

Soon she'll have to share her remaining shares in the Nirvana catalogue for quick crack money. I will be on the look out for them though, thanks.
24th March 2006 05:15 AM
corgi37 Fucking hell, looks like you are on every thread just before me. Just piss off. Gypsy could be Eva Braun or Yoko Ono for all i care. And, i dont care. I just care about the Stones, Sydney, APril 11, row A4-1.
24th March 2006 05:24 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Altamont wrote:

Any good such fan sites to suggest Altamont?
24th March 2006 05:26 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Gypsy could be Eva Braun or Yoko Ono for all i care. And, i dont care.

Eva Braun had nice breasts....

24th March 2006 07:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man A newspaper recently claimed that Doherty is possible suffering from manic depression. His drug intake aside, some of his behaviour of late would fit in with this theory. I'd certainly say that the drugs escalate the illness, but I think there’s more to it. The guy needs serious help, but there seems to be a lack of qualified help for him. He only ever seems to associate with useless hanger-on types, many of them being barely out of school. I was friendly with a girl a few years back, who was close to Pete, I really don't know if she still has contact with him.

Getting back to his overall behaviour. His most recent arrest was because he was driving a STOLEN Mercedes up the WRONG WAY of a one-way street. He had two teenage girls in the back along with a stash of drugs. This erratic behaviour isn't just someone with a serious heroin addiction; it's someone who is seriously ill in other ways.
24th March 2006 08:02 AM
gypsy
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
A newspaper recently claimed that Doherty is possible suffering from manic depression. His drug intake aside, some of his behaviour of late would fit in with this theory. I'd certainly say that the drugs escalate the illness, but I think there’s more to it. The guy needs serious help, but there seems to be a lack of qualified help for him. He only ever seems to associate with useless hanger-on types, many of them being barely out of school. I was friendly with a girl a few years back, who was close to Pete, I really don't know if she still has contact with him.

Getting back to his overall behaviour. His most recent arrest was because he was driving a STOLEN Mercedes up the WRONG WAY of a one-way street. He had two teenage girls in the back along with a stash of drugs. This erratic behaviour isn't just someone with a serious heroin addiction; it's someone who is seriously ill in other ways.

I know. I'm always hearing about him on the news here. He gets busted w/ drugs every other day. It would be great if he could get clean.
24th March 2006 09:10 AM
Break The Spell I like his latest stunt when an interviewer got close to him, he took her microphone and started to interview her and she answered a "question" or two as he walked towards his car. She finally got her microphone back as his posse sped away. Had a nice tie and top hat on too.
[Edited by Break The Spell]
24th March 2006 10:03 PM
Altamont
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Altamont wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FotiniD wrote:

Any good such fan sites to suggest Altamont?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here's some

http://www.livenirvana.com/

http://www.nirvanaguide.com/

http://www.nirvanaclub.com/
25th March 2006 12:08 AM
Altamont If ya can't kick your drug habit, kick a reporter!

----------------------------------------------

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/ap/20060323/114315954000.html

Doherty Pleads Guilty Then Kicks Reporter

Moments after pleading guilty to seven drug charges Thursday, Pete Doherty lashed out at reporters covering his court appearance and kicked one in the arm.

Trudi Barber, a reporter for the British Broadcasting Corp.'s Radio One station, was kicked amid scenes of what she described as "total chaos."

The 26-year-old Babyshambles singer was more than an hour late for his appearance at Thames Magistrates' Court in central London. He had to battle through a crush of reporters and photographers to get inside.

He then pleaded guilty to seven charges of possessing drugs including heroin, crack cocaine and marijuana, which police said they found when he was stopped once in December and once in January.

Doherty, the former boyfriend of supermodel Kate Moss, is already under court supervision for drug charges. In early February, a judge imposed a 12-month community service order and required Doherty to submit to regular drug tests.

His lawyer, Sean Curran, asked Judge Jane McIvor to put off the matter off for six months so they could see how Doherty progressed.

"I would not like the court to impose anything that would go against the grain," Curran said. "He is a very talented man. Unfortunately, every move he makes has been in the spotlight."

McIvor ordered Doherty to return to court April 20, "which will mean we will know the results of his next review on April 12." She warned that all options remained open for sentencing.

It was when Doherty left the court wearing his trademark trilby hat and a gray suit that he allegedly kicked Barber in the elbow and knocked her microphone on the ground.

"It was total chaos here outside the court both when he arrived and when he left," Barber said on Radio One.

"Afterwards he leapt over the railings outside the court," she said. "All of a sudden he lashed out, kicking me in the arm that was holding the microphone."

Doherty then ran down the street pursued by nearly two dozen members of the media. He jumped over the trunk of a Jaguar sedan and into the driver's seat, nearly colliding with another car when he tried to pull out into the street.

25th March 2006 12:43 AM
pdog Now he knows how Mick and Keith felt in 1967...
25th March 2006 02:21 AM
PeerQueer "I sure miss the drugs though..."

-J. Cash
25th March 2006 06:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
pdog wrote:
Now he knows how Mick and Keith felt in 1967...

I'm sure he does. Though, while it seemed that Jagger learnt his lesson after the raid, it was just the beginning of many more looming jail terms for Keith. How that guys never gone down for anything absolutely amazes me. It's the same with Doherty. He's been inside on several occasions, but only once was he actually serving a sentence. The guy should get banged up. It's the only way he'll get clean.
25th March 2006 07:24 AM
justforyou Who says he wants to be clean ?
Is this not a free world ? Oh, sorry I forgot reality...

Degrading but great publicity for him, now I'm gonna buy tickets to the Babyshambles show in May, hoping it won't get cancelled!
25th March 2006 08:39 AM
corgi37 His performance at Live 8 was easily the highlight for me. He was hilarious.

If this dickhead never got arrested and never stuck it into Kate Moss, would you have even of heard of him. Poms aside, i am sure the rest of us wouldnt know him if we fell over the pasty faced, greasy haired idiot.

Hope the fool gets his death wish granted.

25th March 2006 04:46 PM
Factory Girl Hello maccy,

I'm in a middle of Texas in a hotel room.
Yes, its very pathetic for Pete to self detruct. "What a waster, what a f/ing waster."

I think there are a lot of similarities btwn Layne and Pete. I can only hope that Pete ends up alive.

27th March 2006 08:46 AM
Honky Tonk Man Taken from todays Sun newspaper

ROCKER'S ON A HIGH BUT...

Kate's mum goes potty over her night with Pete
--------------------------------------------------

KATE Moss’s mum is livid over the model’s rekindled relationship with rock junkie Pete Doherty.

Linda, 56, rushed to Kate’s £2million farmhouse yesterday as her daughter took refuge after photos revealed she spent Friday night with the singer.

A pal of Linda’s said: “She has gone loopy that Kate is back with Pete. It has made for a very tense Mother’s Day.

“Linda thought he was a totally unsuitable boyfriend and blamed him for Kate’s problems. She’s trying to drum sense into Kate.”

Mum and daughter put on brave smiles as they visited a pub for lunch near Kate’s home in Little Farringdon, Oxfordshire.

But Pete, 26, was grinning from ear to ear yesterday as he emerged from artist pal Jake Chapman’s house in Islington, North London — where he reportedly had “wild sex” with reformed cocaine addict Kate, 32.

The Babyshambles star — who admits he is addicted to cocaine, crack and heroin — clowned around, borrowing Sun photographer Paul Edward’s camera.

A male pal with Pete said: “It would be a really positive thing if they were back together. They’re good for each other, man.”

Kate dumped Pete and went into rehab in December after pictures of her snorting cocaine threatened her career.

A source close to her said: “When Kate’s with Pete she becomes reckless. If she stays with him it’s likely her work to clean herself up will be doomed.”

A pal of Kate’s insisted they were NOT back together, adding: “They’re not having a physical relationship. She still has strong feelings for Pete and wants to help him quit drugs.”
27th March 2006 09:09 AM
FotiniD Keith and Anita, Kurt and Courtney, Pete and Kate. Co-dependence. History repeats itself.
27th March 2006 10:28 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Keith and Anita, Kurt and Courtney, Pete and Kate. Co-dependence. History repeats itself.

That's a wise observation and a very true one. Though, Keith and Anita FINALLY split, it took a good while before they realised they had too.

In truth, I'm not really that interested in the whole Pete and Kate saga. I understand the interest, but it's just a shame that the majority only know the man because of his drug addiction and Kate Moss. When he was clean, writing great songs and performing in the Libertines, he was only semi-famous and it should've stayed that way.
29th March 2006 05:30 AM
Honky Tonk Man Taken from today's Sun newspaper...

PETE GETS SMASHED
--------------------------------------------------
Pete Doherty was snarling yesterday as he smashed a snapper’s car windscreen with a brolly.

Potty Pete, 27, flipped after two photographers followed him as he bought his EIGHT Jaguar in weeks.

The crack addict sprang from his second-hand motor and belted the VW Golf in East London while the lensman got it all on film.

Singer Pete then tried to let the air out of their tyres before returning to his Jag and driving off. He decided to buy the car after the previous one was towed away for being illegally parked.
29th March 2006 05:59 AM
scratched
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
His performance at Live 8 was easily the highlight for me. He was hilarious.

If this dickhead never got arrested and never stuck it into Kate Moss, would you have even of heard of him. Poms aside, i am sure the rest of us wouldnt know him if we fell over the pasty faced, greasy haired idiot.

Hope the fool gets his death wish granted.

An idiot could not write lyrics like this:

TIME FOR HEROES

Did you see the stylish kids in the riot
We were shovelled up like muck
Set the night on fire
Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields
You know I cherish you my love

But there's a rumour spread nasty disease around town
Caught round the houses with your trousers down
A headrush in the bush
Oh how i cherish you my love

Tell me what can you want now you've got it all
The whole scene is obscene
Time will strip it away
A year and a day
And Bill Bones
Bill Bones knows what I mean
He knows it's eating, it's chewing me up
It's not right for young lungs to be coughing up blood
Oh it's all
It's all in my hands
And its all up the walls

Well the stale chips are up and the hopes stakes are down
Its these ignorant faces that bring this town down
Yeah I sighed and sunken with pride
I passed myself down on my knees
Yes I passed myself down on my knees

Now tell me what can you want now you've got it all
The whole scene is obscene
Time will strip it away
A year and a day
And Bill Bones
Bill Bones knows what I mean
There are fewer more distressing sights than that
Of an Englishman in a baseball cap
Yeah we'll die in the class we were born
That's a class of our own my love
A class of our own my love

Did you see the stylish kids in the riot
We were shovelled up like muck
Then set the night on fire
Wombles bleed truncheons and shields
Oh how I cherish you my love.
29th March 2006 06:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man I agree with you scratched. Time For Heroes is without a shadow of a doubt, Doherty's defining moment as a songwriter, but the everyday Joe’s perception of him is of a washed up useless junkie who got to shag Kate Moss for a while. You'd think that perhaps all the publicity would encourage many to go and listen to the two Libertines albums, but it hasn’t panned out that way at all. It's like I said in an earlier post in this thread, Doherty was only semi-known while a Libertine and it should've stayed that way.

By the way, it's good to see you back posting!
29th March 2006 06:30 AM
scratched Thanks HTM. Its good to be back, its good to be anywhere! Hoping to post a bit more from now on! How are you? Still in Dartford?
[Edited by scratched]
29th March 2006 06:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
scratched wrote:
Thanks HTM. Its good to be back, its good to be anywhere! Hoping to post a bit more from now on! How are you? Still in Dartford?
[Edited by scratched]

Yes, I'm in sunny Dartford. Though I'm posting today from my parents house in Gillingham.

How’s Eltham? I was there about two months ago.
29th March 2006 06:46 AM
scratched
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
You'd think that perhaps all the publicity would encourage many to go and listen to the two Libertines albums, but it hasn’t panned out that way at all.

Totally correct. I've found this strange also - people generally still don't seem to have heard of the Libertines or be familiar with their music. Maybe there is such a thing as bad publicity!

I still think 'Up The Bracket' is one of the best albums of the last decade.

EDIT: I moved to Greenwich/Deptford just before Xmas so I'm not in Eltham anymore. Although I just had a driving lesson there!
[Edited by scratched]
29th March 2006 06:55 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
scratched wrote:

Totally correct. I've found this strange also - people generally still don't seem to have heard of the Libertines or be familiar with their music. Maybe there is such a thing as bad publicity!

I still think 'Up The Bracket' is one of the best albums of the last decade.

Yeah, well, it's because he's in Babyshambles now. If he wasn't then perhaps he'd be referred to as the ex-Libertine more often and people might be compelled to pay more of an interest. That'd be better as Down In Albion is yet to grow on me and their gig I attended at the Brixton Academy was the worst show I’ve ever had the misfortune to witness.

Up The Bracket is an absolute classic. Radio America aside, there isn't a duff track on it.

Greenwich is nice. The only pub I know there is the Wetherspoons. It's a terrible one, though not as bad as The Bankers Draft!
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
29th March 2006 08:04 AM
scratched Ha! They're both pretty bad!
29th March 2006 08:29 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
scratched wrote:
Ha! They're both pretty bad!

ALL Spoons are bad!

Anyway, I'm heading back to the place that Keith was once referred to as "The arshole of England" now.

Keep this thread alive for my return!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)