ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Press Conference in Shanghai April 7,2006
© Liu Jin THANKS GYPSY!!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: oh my, pete doherty - you gotta slow down (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
22nd March 2006 07:38 PM
mac_daddy this sounds eerily similar to the last alice in chains interview with rolling stone, where layne was shooting up in a restaurant bathroom when the band was out on the town with rs for the cover story (around the time the last album came out)...

quote:
Kate Moss' ex-boyfriend and Babyshambles lead singer, Pete Doherty, snorted heroin minutes before an interview with Rolling Stone's Mark Binelli in a drug den in Hackney, England.

"Over the next three hours, Doherty will also smoke crack, shoot heroin and take an 'ecstasy' pill," Binelli relates. "He does all of this casually, and openly, except for the shooting up, which he performs near the kitchenette, with his back to us. He offers me heroin and ecstasy but not crack. I decline. The more drugs Doherty does, the more he seems to relax. He never becomes incoherent, though occasionally he seems confused."

i am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, fg

[Edited by mac_daddy]
22nd March 2006 07:42 PM
glencar I read this in today's NY Post. This guy needs to be saved from himself!
22nd March 2006 07:46 PM
Riffhard I gotta funny feeling that this is going to have a Darwinian ending.

Riffy
22nd March 2006 08:21 PM
corgi37 I've said it before, but i'll say it again:
"Dead man walking the green mile!"
22nd March 2006 08:29 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
not that you can teach that in the school systems supported by Riffy's type of Amerikan politician

Damn your one witty fuck!!

Riffy
22nd March 2006 10:46 PM
pdog Keith outlives all the wannabees. Anyone heard from Johnny Thunders, Dee Dee Ramone or Stive Bators recently... Nuff said.
Have a nice trip Pete!
22nd March 2006 11:08 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
pdog wrote:
Keith outlives all the wannabees. Anyone heard from Johnny Thunders, Dee Dee Ramone or Stive Bators recently... Nuff said.
Have a nice trip Pete!

i thought stiv bators was hit by a car...
22nd March 2006 11:14 PM
pdog
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

i thought stiv bators was hit by a car...

True... BUT!!! Instead of going to the hospital, he went and got high. He later died from internal bleeding.
My question is... Was that punk rock? What's with the white belts on kids today, too?
Hot topic is not Punk Rock!!!

[Edited by pdog]
22nd March 2006 11:18 PM
mac_daddy

never said he was punk rock...

i just thought he died from getting hit by a car...

22nd March 2006 11:20 PM
pdog
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

never said he was punk rock...

i just thought he died from getting hit by a car...

Is getting hit by a car and going and getting high, and later dying from the injuries, punk rock?
23rd March 2006 12:38 AM
Egbert
quote:
pdog wrote:
Is getting hit by a car and going and getting high, and later dying from the injuries, punk rock?

I would think so.
23rd March 2006 02:51 AM
FotiniD
quote:
pdog wrote:

True... BUT!!! Instead of going to the hospital, he went and got high. He later died from internal bleeding.

Didn't know that... Sad way to die.
I could never get the point of doing drugs especially when they're used due to feelings of loneliness / sadness / depression. What's the point when it only makes you even worse!

As said, someone needs to save these people from themselves. And what about the rest of people living with them? I'm talking friends, siblings, lovers, parents. It's not an easy thing seeing someone you love in a self-destruction course. That's why I think part of these behaviors hide a lot of selfishness and egocentrism.
23rd March 2006 08:15 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
pdog wrote:

nope. that move is simply stupid.

23rd March 2006 10:53 AM
glencar
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Didn't know that... Sad way to die.
I could never get the point of doing drugs especially when they're used due to feelings of loneliness / sadness / depression. What's the point when it only makes you even worse!

As said, someone needs to save these people from themselves. And what about the rest of people living with them? I'm talking friends, siblings, lovers, parents. It's not an easy thing seeing someone you love in a self-destruction course. That's why I think part of these behaviors hide a lot of selfishness and egocentrism.

I don't think people realize if that's why they're taking these drugs. Self-awareness isn't his strong point.
23rd March 2006 11:04 AM
Break The Spell
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
this sounds eerily similar to the last alice in chains interview with rolling stone, where layne was shooting up in a restaurant bathroom when the band was out on the town with rs for the cover story (around the time the last album came out)...

i am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, fg

[Edited by mac_daddy]

The interview you speak of was from 1995, its one issue of Rolling Stone worth keeping. Layne of course was found dead seven years later.
23rd March 2006 11:05 AM
Maxlugar If Keith Richards was ever hit by a car, the car would crush and bend right around him like hitting a four foot wide Oak. Or if the car was going fast enough, it would quite possibly cut down the middle in two, leaving the driver and passengers to careen off to both sides of the road and die painful, burning deaths in the subsequent explosions.

Keith will naturally say "Oh, is there a breeze in here? Ga-ack ack ack ack!!!"

Thank you.

END.
23rd March 2006 11:51 AM
jb This guy obviously wants to have a very tragic ending...he needs serious help or he surely will be a nother self-inflicted casualty...
23rd March 2006 11:52 AM
glencar No tragedy there. At this point everyone knows what happens if you do copious amounts of drugs.
23rd March 2006 12:15 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
No tragedy there. At this point everyone knows what happens if you do copious amounts of drugs.

True...it really isn't even cool to die that way anymore............................<>
23rd March 2006 12:19 PM
glencar Was it ever cool though?
23rd March 2006 12:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
If Keith Richards was ever hit by a car, the car would crush and bend right around him like hitting a four foot wide Oak. Or if the car was going fast enough, it would quite possibly cut down the middle in two, leaving the driver and passengers to careen off to both sides of the road and die painful, burning deaths in the subsequent explosions.

Keith will naturally say "Oh, is there a breeze in here? Ga-ack ack ack ack!!!"

Thank you.

END.

this is TRUE.

Keith has been in several car accidents.

The cars were smashed.

Keith has not even suffered a scrape.
23rd March 2006 12:24 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Was it ever cool though?

When Pete dies, album sales for The Libertines will spike. I have always said that, "dying for your band, is the ultimate sacrafice and very honorable!"
23rd March 2006 12:24 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Was it ever cool though?

I think so......
23rd March 2006 12:26 PM
glencar Maybe. The whole Hendrix/Joplin/Doors guy thang.
23rd March 2006 12:27 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

I think so......

If you do it right, they'll even make a movie about it!
Sid
Brian
Janis...
23rd March 2006 12:28 PM
Break The Spell Sometimes dying is the best thing you can do for your career. Sales of Nirvana's "In Utero" doubled within months of Kurt's suicide.
23rd March 2006 12:33 PM
pdog
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Sometimes dying is the best thing you can do for your career. Sales of Nirvana's "In Utero" doubled within months of Kurt's suicide.

And many books have been written... a few documentary movies and one day, a really crappy feature length movie. I will probably take my children to see it. While standing in the popcorn line, I'll tell my kids about all the times I saw Nirvana live. The best time being when they double billed with Sonic Youth. I took two hits of acid and a hit of ectasy (candy flip) that night. I'll then talk about the dangers of drugs and how they killed Cobain. The circle of life goes on... If I'm lucky, I'll outlive Keith...
23rd March 2006 12:34 PM
pdog
quote:
Break The Spell wrote:
Sometimes dying is the best thing you can do for your career.

And fellow posters! Just kidding, of course! I think!
23rd March 2006 12:35 PM
glencar I just hope to outlive Sid Caeser!
[Edited by glencar]
23rd March 2006 12:38 PM
Break The Spell
quote:
pdog wrote:

And many books have been written... a few documentary movies and one day, a really crappy feature length movie. I will probably take my children to see it. While standing in the popcorn line, I'll tell my kids about all the times I saw Nirvana live. The best time being when they double billed with Sonic Youth. I took two hits of acid and a hit of ectasy (candy flip) that night. I'll then talk about the dangers of drugs and how they killed Cobain. The circle of life goes on... If I'm lucky, I'll outlive Keith...

Was this back in the day when he was known as "Kurdt" and Nirvana had the drummer from the Melvins??
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)