ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 2007 NY Post thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Stones Book Return to archive
31st March 2007 05:51 PM
Joe Joe I think you should all know the truth behind the latest and greatest book about Brian Jones.

The title of the book is Brian Jones Straight From The Heart and is based entirely on direct quotes made by Brian on a series of audio tapes that were passed on to the author.

A sample of the quotes can be found on www.brian-jones-book.com

The direct link to the book on Amazon is: http://www.amazon.com/Brian-Jones-Straight-Heart-Rolling/dp/0974209368/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-4762482-5038556?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1175192335&sr=1-2

Please read the reviews and PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE DETRACTORS currently posting. They are simply envious and would give their right arms to have had the information provided in this book.

I’m sure you are all smart enough to use your own mind to read the books yourself and judge it on its own merits. Do not listen to naysayers because they have their own personal agendas.

The author is donating all the monies from this book to charities and expects no gain for herself.

The publisher reported the book’s opening two-day sales were the highest of any book they have published to date.

Ask yourselves why these detractors don’t want you to read this book. What is it that they are afraid you will learn?
31st March 2007 06:07 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I have not read this one and can't express an opinion but I suggest you if interested read some comments about this book at Gerry Seda's Brian Jones: Like a Rollin' Stone Message Board".
31st March 2007 07:45 PM
GhostofBrianJones Very good Voodoo, thanks.
31st March 2007 08:22 PM
fireontheplatter sometimes i hate the stones for bullying brian out of the band.

i check it out at barns and noble.
31st March 2007 08:48 PM
Philip http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,683353
31st March 2007 10:22 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
sometimes i hate the stones for bullying brian out of the band.

Brian was the soul of the original band..but degenerated into a dysfunctional mess just when they were ready to explode.He had to go for the group to move forward.He withdrew as much as he was pushed out.....
31st March 2007 11:15 PM
sweetcharmedlife How many years has been now since he died? Who fuckin cares how or why he died. It's not like Mick Taylor who's still alive. Brian's dead and that's a comeback that's not likely to happen anytime soon.
1st April 2007 04:28 AM
GhostofBrianJones Let's just say I hope this lady doesn't write any more books on the other
members of the band.
1st April 2007 04:58 AM
Altamont Is This an April Fools joke? Unless these supposed tapes of Brian speaking are made public, then this is complete bullshit. The quotes are laughable! It's funny that Brian would choose to address specific questions that his Nutjob Obsessive fans have been barking about for years. How convenient.
[Edited by Altamont]
1st April 2007 08:34 AM
corgi37 Brian who?
1st April 2007 08:56 AM
fireontheplatter
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Brian was the soul of the original band..but degenerated into a dysfunctional mess just when they were ready to explode.He had to go for the group to move forward.He withdrew as much as he was pushed out.....

no....i understand that completly.
1st April 2007 10:06 AM
guitarman53
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:

no....i understand that completly.

Also in '69 The Stones were itching to go out on tour, but couldn't because of Brian, & you can see how much they like to tour since then, they haven't stopped, so Brian left the group & 3 weeks later died, so that was that, but they had a problem with him because they wanted to tour.
I always will feel he'll always be one of the original 60's Stones, but like what was mentioned before, that was 38 Yrs. ago, & people can't live on memories.
1st April 2007 12:03 PM
GhostofBrianJones To Altamont, you hit the nail on the head. That is the
problem with the book, read the comments on the LARS board
and with the reviews of the book on Amazon, it becomes
even more clearer as to why many BJ fans are angry, it has
nothing to do with how long he has been deceased it is
the book itself.
1st April 2007 12:14 PM
Riffhard “I couldn’t really bond or connect with anyone and I missed out on knowing what the experience of love could really be. The arms I ultimately rested in could have been anyone’s—as long as they held me gently and let me rest. I so much wanted to feel safe and comforted, and not have them expect anything of me. The problem was—if you were a rock star, you were supposed to be a stud man. I tried…I really tried.” - BRIAN JONES

Uh yeah, right! What a complete and utter crock! There is no way in hell that Brian ever said that. If he did then where? To who? It sounds as if he's talking about himself from the grave. He is speaking in past tense! Bollocks!

Riffy
1st April 2007 12:30 PM
Riffhard “The success brought the drugs and brought the feeling of invincibility. I’m sure it looked that way - that I had gone mad with excesses and drugs. I did some pretty crazy things and was full of myself for sure. But that offset the times of deep depression. I needed courage, so to speak.

“You have to know that standing there in front of thousands of people, all looking at you, all wanting something from you, all expecting you to be great while you’re shaking down into your bones, but wanting to deliver regardless — it was tough, it was very tough.

“ And then you start to buy into your own press that you’re wonderful, or that you’re mad, or that you’re any of what’s being said. And you wonder if it can be true. Maybe you’re really nothing at all, and you’re making it all up.”- BRIAN JONES

Oh please!? How the hell can someone even try and pass this shite off as genuine quotes from Brian?! It sounds nothing at all like the way he spoke. Again these quotes are spoken from the perspective of reflection upon a previous life. Anything to make a buck I guess? The crazy thing is that the author would try and pass this shit off as genuine on Rolling Stones message boards of all places! Where the posters know a little about the man. If she is looking to fool someone with this make believe crap she should probably try and pass it off to people that are as clueless as possible about Brian. Anyone that has even a cursory knowledge of the man knows that this is pure unadulterated shit!

Riffy
1st April 2007 01:10 PM
GhostofBrianJones Now you all are catching on. Real fastlike.
1st April 2007 02:16 PM
fireontheplatter its no wonder the proceeds are going to charity....who would want to be responsible for such false quotes.

i agree with riffy........100%
1st April 2007 03:17 PM
Philip As I said over at the iorr tell me forum, read the book in the shop for a laugh, then give the amount the book costs to a charity of your choice...

A win win situation huh? :-()
1st April 2007 04:08 PM
GhostofBrianJones Sounds like a great idea Philip.
1st April 2007 04:18 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:
How many years has been now since he died? Who fuckin cares how or why he died. It's not like Mick Taylor who's still alive. Brian's dead and that's a comeback that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

you should care a whole lot......

where is your mercy where is the love?
1st April 2007 09:14 PM
glencar Somebody post the "Out of Time" lyrics stat!
1st April 2007 10:01 PM
WJ How many names do you go by? Joe, Geoff, Phoenix. Do you go by Shugg as well? I wouldn't be surprised if you were Gloria, you're freaky enough.

Release the tapes she claims exist or just shut the hell up.
1st April 2007 10:42 PM
WhenTheWhipComesDown The book is total lies. Nothing near the truth about Brian.
I doubt there are even tapes period. Don't know where she
got her info, but whatever it is all lies and make-believe.
Book is all horseshit and bullshit, bad skanky crazy book.
[Edited by WhenTheWhipComesDown]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)