ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 2007 NY Post thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sellouts at Slane, London Return to archive
31st March 2007 03:23 PM
Mel Belli I don't know if this just spin, or creative seating arrangements or what, but U.K. demand appears to be pretty strong ...

Irish Independent

March 31, 2007 Saturday

STONES' GIG SELLS OUT IN SINGLE MORNING

THE Rolling Stones may have been around for years but tickets for their gig at Slane disappeared as soon as they were released yesterday.

Some 60,000 tickets sold out in just 30 minutes as eager fans shelled out up to 116 for a ticket to the golden circle, and a chance to sit down at a concert at Slane for the first time ever.

The venue's normal capacity of 80,000 had been limited because of the decision to put in almost 30,000 seats at the Meath venue.

"Due to a phenomenal response from the public, The Rolling Stones have sold out all the London and the Irish dates from the 'A Bigger Bang' 2007 European tour in approximately 30 minutes this morning," a spokeswoman for the band said yesterday

"Tickets for the London gigs on Tuesday, August 21 and Thursday, August 23 at the O2 Dome, and the Irish gig on Saturday, August 18, at Slane Castle went on sale this morning at nine to eager fans and sold out almost immediately."

The possibility of a second concert due to the strong demand has already been ruled out.

Mick Jagger (below) and the band last played Slane in 1982, and their return will mark the end of a two-year hiatus at the famous arena following Eminem's late cancellation in 2005.

"I think there will be a whole generation of people who will get an opportunity to see a bit of musical history, and this may be the last time," organiser Lord Henry Mountcharles said.

"I think a very unusual event will take place in August in the true Slane tradition."

Speculation continues that The Police will play at the same venue in September but the organisers have refused to comment.

JASON O'BRIEN
31st March 2007 03:29 PM
fireontheplatter it is always nice to hear they sell out their shows.
i am psyched for the stones....

awesome
31st March 2007 06:18 PM
barking paul "Some 60,000 tickets sold out in just 30 minutes as eager fans shelled out up to 116 for a ticket to the golden circle, and a chance to sit down at a concert at Slane for the first time ever."

The chance to sit down at a Stones concert would indeed be a rare thing for me and I guess many of us here.
31st March 2007 10:29 PM
gimmekeef Sitting down at at a Stones concert?....Is as bad as attending a U2 concert...Or Bon Jovi....
31st March 2007 10:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Sitting down at at a Stones concert?....Is as bad as attending a U2 concert...Or Bon Jovi....

Sadly, most were sitting during the North American shows, and even going as far as alerting security when some fans would stand.

Don't believe the hype. these "faux Sell Outs" have been attempted before.
1st April 2007 10:11 AM
glencar I will be Johnny-on-the-spot to report about any tarping...
2nd April 2007 11:18 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Sitting down at at a Stones concert?....Is as bad as attending a U2 concert...Or Bon Jovi....

I would guess that about 2,000 maximum out of the 60,000 tickets for this show are seated. And theyre on top of the hill far away from the stage too

That report says 30,000 seated tickets? Not according to that seating chart there wont be...
[Edited by Gazza]
2nd April 2007 11:56 AM
Poison Dart Strong Demand = NOT WIDE OPEN
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)