ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 2007 NY Post thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE CHICKENBEER APPRECIATION THREAD Return to archive
31st March 2007 02:39 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Come on Moonie, hit it!
31st March 2007 02:39 AM
voodoopug This is not "tent worthy"
31st March 2007 02:40 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
This is not "tent worthy"

Ah, I see. I guess you never drank chickenbeer?
31st March 2007 02:41 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Ah, I see. I guess you never drank chickenbeer?

See: Salmonella poisoning.
31st March 2007 02:42 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

See: Salmonella poisoning.

Nope. It is quite good stuff. But you do need to drink A LOT to get you anywhere near drunk. Better make it a "kopstoot".
31st March 2007 02:43 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Nope. It is quite good stuff. But you do need to drink A LOT to get you anywhere near drunk. Better make it a "kopstoot".

I prefer IPA.
31st March 2007 02:43 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I prefer IPA.

You don't even know what a "kopstoot" is.
31st March 2007 02:44 AM
sirmoonie Okay, here is the chicken beer festival I went to - please note the native costumes.

31st March 2007 02:45 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Okay, here is the chicken beer festival I went to - please note the native costumes.

Cool stuff Moonie! I'm considering going there myself!
31st March 2007 02:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Okay, here is the chicken beer festival I went to - please note the native costumes.

Jeans and Cheap T Shirts are very reminiscent of Gary, Indiana.
31st March 2007 02:49 AM
sirmoonie Here is the most beautiful place I've ever seen in my life (and homie been lots of places) - Lake Atitlan, Guatemala.

Liquid chicken beer flows in the gutters!

31st March 2007 02:50 AM
voodoopug
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Here is the most beautiful place I've ever seen in my life (and homie been lots of places) - Lake Atitlan, Guatemala.

Liquid chicken beer flows in the gutters!

I spent a couple of days in Playa Del Carmen this past week. It was very relaxing!
31st March 2007 03:02 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I spent a couple of days in Playa Del Carmen this past week. It was very relaxing!

There were very few white people where I went, and I didn't have a computer to converse with white people either.

I bought a bracelet off this native Indian child. Chica was 2 feet tall if that. I didn't want the bracelet, but as I told her in busted Spanish - "I'm only buying this because you are the smallest person of commerce I've ever seen." She didn't care. She said gracias and took off back to her mom, who was selling the same stuff, but less mark-up.
31st March 2007 03:05 AM
voodoopug
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

There were very few white people where I went, and I didn't have a computer to converse with white people either.

I bought a bracelet off this native Indian child. Chica was 2 feet tall if that. I didn't want the bracelet, but as I told her in busted Spanish - "I'm only buying this because you are the smallest person of commerce I've ever seen." She didn't care. She said gracias and took off back to her mom, who was selling the same stuff, but less mark-up.

my wife bought shoes, a necklace, and some earings. I drank a Victoria Beer and enjoyed a Cuban Cigar.
31st March 2007 03:14 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

my wife bought shoes, a necklace, and some earings. I drank a Victoria Beer and enjoyed a Cuban Cigar.

I got drunk every day and had sex with my wife at least twice a day.

Despite my protests, she bought several thousand dollars worth of stuff.

I smoked nothing. I drank a ton of red wine - "vino tinto" they call it. Vino tinto.
31st March 2007 03:19 AM
Altamont Sirmoonie,
Do you remember that day when Mick Jagger Refused to give his hotel room to Bush? That was some funny shit!
31st March 2007 03:23 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Sirmoonie,
Do you remember that day when Mick Jagger Refused to give his hotel room to Bush? That was some funny shit!

Haha - yeah, I remember that day. Mick wrote Sweet Neocon that very night. Best song on ABB.
31st March 2007 03:25 AM
Altamont
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Haha - yeah, I remember that day. Mick wrote Sweet Neocon that very night. Best song on ABB.

I can't remember Mick's exact quote, but I think he told him to go fuck himself!
31st March 2007 03:37 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Altamont wrote:

I can't remember Mick's exact quote, but I think he told him to go fuck himself!

Dude, it was on Fox. His exact quote was "What? You got to be kidding you fucking retard? I've stomped on Phillipine squid with more vision than you have. Get your own hotel, you dopey ass prep boy. Tell them Mick Jagger sent you, bitch."

Then he toned it down for Sweet Neocon. Because of the liberal government and all that fucked up stuff. Like FCC.
31st March 2007 04:00 AM
Altamont youtube rules, dig it

31st March 2007 04:07 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Altamont wrote:
youtube rules, dig it

Nice one - find that Going to a Go Go vid, and I'll tell you all about the time I bitch-slapped that weenie George Walker Bush III.
31st March 2007 04:11 AM
Altamont From what year, of course the 1981 version but I think they played it on Licks too!

Here ya go

31st March 2007 04:15 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Altamont wrote:
From what year, of course the 1981 version but I think they played it on Licks too!

Here ya go

Fuck dude! I could never find that one - cheers! Either you are a genius or I am a retard. Or both, I suppose.

Love it, love it, love it!
31st March 2007 04:19 AM
Altamont careful, the new Barbarians are fucking drunk and coked up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ox3gv0ai_s
31st March 2007 04:21 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Altamont wrote:
careful, the new Barbarians are fucking drunk and coked up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ox3gv0ai_s

My bad, there is actually another one where Mick goes down that tunnel, he's dancing the whole way - its fucking great - coolest Mick I ever did see.
31st March 2007 04:34 AM
Altamont Love this song, One of their most underated. This is a perfect example of The Stones touch. In other words, many other bands could have done this song. But, never as well. the chorus of "and I did not know her name" is so classic Stones care free attitude and it rings true. the slide guitar is great as well. This is the essence, maybe a bit watered down or simplified compared to other songs in their catalog, but Stones to the core.

[Edited by Altamont]
31st March 2007 08:26 AM
The Pretentious Poet The Father:
The Son:
The Holy Ghost:

This:
quote:
This is not "tent worthy"
is your return post?

[Edited by The Pretentious Poet]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)