ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 2007 NY Post thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jerry Hall talks about Dyslexia Return to archive
30th March 2007 02:48 PM
tumbled http://society.guardian.co.uk/health/story/0,,2045096,00.html

Is dyslexia a gift?

Sally Gardner
Thursday March 29, 2007
The Guardian

Jerry Hall is right to say that dyslexia does not have to be a problem, it is a gift. Like Hall and her three children with Mick Jagger, I am dyslexic, as are all my children. It is one of the gifts you pass on.
Society treats dyslexia as a problem. There is always this idea that we can "cure" it, with vitamins or pink glasses or special lessons. I did not learn to read until I was 14. It was in the dark ages then. I was asked to leave many schools - they said I had a head like a sieve and any information put into it would fall out, and I was told I could only do jobs where I would not need reading and writing. I went into publishing thinking I could do illustrating because I liked drawing, but everyone said, "You're a storyteller!" I told them about my dyslexia, and they said, "We don't see it as a problem." That, to me, was revolutionary. So I started writing children's books 10 years ago. And, finally, I found what I really loved.

My spelling and my grammar are enough to send a strong man to drink, of course. I always think: why can't we spell words the way we want to? Like Chaucer and Shakespeare? But recently I discovered an electronic dictionary with a spellcheck.

I have a sort of cinema in my head. When I think of something, I see it completely visually and I can wander around in it. I thought everybody did this. I think dyslexia makes you love words. People always say, "Oh, I love books, I love words ... " But I see it from a different angle. People who can read fluently never look at the words; they cannot see the beauty in them.

30th March 2007 05:18 PM
glencar Aren't there 4 kids w/Mick?
30th March 2007 05:49 PM
fireontheplatter i thought mick had one in/for every country.
30th March 2007 07:34 PM
texile
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i thought mick had one in/for every country.

not quite a complete rainbow coalition, but close..
30th March 2007 07:41 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
texile wrote:

not quite a complete rainbow coalition, but close..

just how far off am i...????
30th March 2007 09:25 PM
glencar He's got one by Marsha Hunt (Karis born 1970), one by Bianca (Jade the Hot born 1971), 4 by Jerry Hall (Elizabeth 1983, James 1984 or so, Georgia 1992 or so & Babe 1997) and one by Luciana Morad born in 1998 (Lucas). That's 7 total.
31st March 2007 08:49 AM
rocker rocker sez just another excuse for a dimsey blonded
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)