ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 2007 NY Post thanks Jeep!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: And what have you been listening to? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
22nd March 2007 02:52 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Is that the group that sings "Insane in the membrane" or is that "House of Pain"....

that's Cypress Hill. House Of Pain sucks, I saw them once.
22nd March 2007 02:53 PM
Saint Sway jb's getting jiggy with it
22nd March 2007 02:54 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

that's Cypress Hill. House Of Pain sucks, I saw them once.

They had a cool video on MTV many years ago...I think they are Boston Celtic fans...
22nd March 2007 03:00 PM
Joey " Juistin Timberlake-Sexy "

22nd March 2007 03:07 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

They had a cool video on MTV many years ago...I think they are Boston Celtic fans...

Someone had the bright idea to give them the opening slot for the Ramones at the Palladium in 1992. They didn't go over too well.
22nd March 2007 03:09 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Someone had the bright idea to give them the opening slot for the Ramones at the Palladium in 1992. They didn't go over too well.

Ramones ended tragically...
22nd March 2007 03:10 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Ramones ended tragically...

It was very sad the way things ended for everyone. It's also sad the wig can continue to flog the name with impunity.
22nd March 2007 03:11 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

It was very sad the way things ended for everyone. It's also sad the wig can continue to flog the name with impunity.

what wig? was someone wearing?
22nd March 2007 03:12 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

You talking about Marky?
22nd March 2007 03:15 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

You talking about Marky?

Yeah, that's the one!
22nd March 2007 03:16 PM
Saint Sway the movie was really hard to watch

I watched it once and dont think I could watch it again

its a shame they wound up hating each other
22nd March 2007 03:17 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Yeah, that's the one!

Did you ever hear of the heavy metal group the 'Scorpions". I believe their lead singer is wearing a wig??? They had a great following in Germany...Their big hit was "Rock me like a hurricane"...
[Edited by jb]
22nd March 2007 03:19 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the movie was really hard to watch

I watched it once and dont think I could watch it again

its a shame they wound up hating each other

I have heard horror stories of people stuck in a cramped dressing room with them. Also saw first hand Dee Dee freaking out and cursing Joey over the liner notes in the 99 Rhino compilation and Marky and one of his guys referring to Dee Dee as the "Freak." Probably the main reason I don't like Marky as Dee Dee is the greatest songwriter of all time and without him, he would have nothing to flog for chump change all over the world.
22nd March 2007 03:20 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Did you ever hear of the heavy metal group the 'Scorpions". I believe their lead singer is wearing a wig??? They had a great following in Germany...Their big hit was "Rock me like a hurricane"...
[Edited by jb]

I've seen the Scorpions. Twice!
22nd March 2007 03:22 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

I've seen the Scorpions. Twice!

Those guys ruled Europe in the 80's early 90's. They played a beautiful song at the Berlin Wall!!! Is he wearing a piece?
22nd March 2007 03:23 PM
Joey

Lately , I have been playing the soundtrack from the 1971 Hit Movie --- Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory .

Word ---- To your Great Great GrandPappy

Joey " Pass the Biscuits Pappy " O'Daniel !
22nd March 2007 03:24 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Those guys ruled Europe in the 80's early 90's. They played a beautiful song at the Berlin Wall!!! Is he wearing a piece?

I tried not to stare too closely. They weren't really the reason I was there either time.
22nd March 2007 03:30 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

I tried not to stare too closely. They weren't really the reason I was there either time.

I was never into Heavy Metal, but the Scorpions brought a certain beauty to their songs....I forget the great anthem they sang about Europe being free!!! Also, did I ever tell you my Ted Nugent story? I was working in West Palm Beach at Brestlers ice-cream in the mall..must have been 76 or 77...Nugent came in and of course we were excited as he was big then...I served him and his wife(?) and kid....I told him no charge and he said "cool man"!!!
22nd March 2007 03:36 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Joey wrote:

Lately , I have been playing the soundtrack from the 1971 Hit Movie --- Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory .

I just spit water all over my PC!!
You friggin KILL me.

LJ.
22nd March 2007 03:42 PM
jb I would say that the Scorpions were what Queen tried to be..they had an elegance to their music that captivated an entire continent....the fact that they sang as history unfolded before us made it all the better....in some ways, we are indeed, all Berliners.
22nd March 2007 03:44 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Joey wrote:

Joey...I heard you are the original "chocolate" factory!
22nd March 2007 03:46 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
I would say that the Scorpions were what Queen tried to be..they had an elegance to their music that captivated an entire continent....the fact that they sang as history unfolded before us made it all the better....in some ways, we are indeed, all Berliners.

I never liked that song! I like some of the older heavier stuff but they were more of a snapshot of a particular era that lingered on a bit longer than they should have. Seems like they play L.A. just about every year now whether they are on tour or not.
22nd March 2007 03:47 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Loved Slayer, Saigon Kickss The Tygars of Pan tang....also early Saxson....
22nd March 2007 03:48 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

I was working in West Palm Beach at Brestlers ice-cream in the mall..must have been 76 or 77...

I bet "uncool" and "unnecessary" were getting plenty of workouts back then
22nd March 2007 03:55 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Loved Slayer, Saigon Kickss The Tygars of Pan tang....also early Saxson....

Did you see Slayer in Fort Lauderdale a few weeks ago? They are still kick ass live (at least as of Summer 04) and is something every music fan should survive, or at least experience once in their lifetime.
22nd March 2007 04:00 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Did you see Slayer in Fort Lauderdale a few weeks ago? They are still kick ass live (at least as of Summer 04) and is something every music fan should survive, or at least experience once in their lifetime.

No...I am old.
22nd March 2007 04:02 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

No...I am old.

So are they these days. You should seriously check it out if you can. The last time I saw them was at Ozzfest in an all seated amphitheatre. I had a really good seat. When "Raining Blood" started, a mosh pit broke out in the aisle (the one with stairs leading down toward the stage at a slight slope). This drunk fat guy joined in and broke his leg.
22nd March 2007 04:03 PM
Saint Sway dude... what are you talking about?
22nd March 2007 04:04 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

So are they these days. You should seriously check it out if you can. The last time I saw them was at Ozzfest in an all seated amphitheatre. I had a really good seat. When "Raining Blood" started, a mosh pit broke out in the aisle (the one with stairs leading down toward the stage at a slight slope). This drunk fat guy joined in and broke his leg.

Also Entombed, Anthrax and Death Angel are very good...
22nd March 2007 04:05 PM
pdog Death Angel was okay... Anthrax sucked...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)