ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Looks like Fenway Park is the real deal. Return to archive
March 31st, 2005 07:20 AM
LadyJane As posted by Stonesdoug on Shidoobee:

Stones' Fenway rumors, plans roll on
By Madison Park, Globe Correspondent | March 31, 2005

Last call is about 6:30 p.m. The party is over by 10:30 p.m.

Plans for summer concerts at Fenway Park keep rolling along.

Although Fenway representatives could not confirm whether the headline band will be the Rolling Stones (because of ''contractual obligations"), they told the city's Consumer Affairs and Licensing Division's director, Patricia A. Malone, that it is highly probable the rumors are true.

Larry Cancro, senior vice president of Fenway Affairs, hinted that the main draw would be ''a group that has been around for 40 years and is known as being one of the greatest bands in performance history."

Dennis A. Quilty, a lawyer representing Fenway, said that only the mystery band could make the official announcement, which it's expected to do in May, to launch a world tour.

Fenway officials yesterday presented their plans to the licensing division to get the city's approval to hold the concerts Sunday, Aug. 21, and Tuesday, Aug. 23.

Malone has 30 days to make a decision.

''It is difficult to award a decision when you're 90 percent sure of who the artist will be," Malone said.

''I have never issued a decision without knowing who's playing, because it determines what type of crowd it'll draw," she said. ''But I might just go with the inference that it is the Rolling Stones and make a decision."

She urged Fenway representatives to get concert logistics submitted to other city agencies, such as police and fire, Inspectional Services, and the Transportation Department.

Fenway representatives estimated a crowd of about 36,000 people.

They pledged to keep the noise to an acceptable level and to clean up the area after the concert.

An opening act, yet to be determined, is expected to kick off the concert at 6:45 p.m.

The mayor's representative, a neighborhood association leader, and a business representative for the Fenway area gave the concert their blessings.

So did longtime fan Sharon Hayden of Hull, who attended the hearing in her Rolling Stones T-shirt featuring their tongue logo.

She predicted that the event, should it include the Stones, will not be out of control.

''Mick's matured over the years," Hayden said. ''It's like a fever. Some people love the Red Sox, and some people love the Rolling Stones. It's what keeps us happy."

Madison Park can be reached at [email protected].

Tingle, Tingle. It's gonna happen!!!!!!!

LJ.
March 31st, 2005 07:23 AM
Gazza Stones rolling toward Fenway
By Jessica Heslam
Thursday, March 31, 2005 - Updated: 03:50 AM EST

Rolling Stones fans may get the satisfaction of seeing Mick Jagger and crew play two nights at Fenway Park this summer.

Red Sox brass yesterday asked City Hall to approve ballpark concerts on Aug. 21 and Aug. 23. The city is taking it under advisement for 30 days, but some fans already are counting the days.

``The Stones are coming! The Stones are coming!'' said Sharon Hayden, 47, who drove in from Hull for yesterday's hearing in her ``Forty Licks'' tour T-shirt.

Sox officials would not publicly name the Stones because the band reserves the right to announce shows. But one Sox official said, ``The band has 40 years of experience and is one of the greatest rock 'n' roll bands in history.''

The Sox must provide a stage layout, name the opening act and submit traffic plans before city licensing director Patricia Malone will issue a decision. The hearing yesterday failed to bring out the neighborhood opposition that met Bruce Springsteen's show in 2003 and Jimmy Buffett last year.

``It's getting better and better,'' said Pam Beale, president of the Kenmore Association, who said the Buffett show was smoother than the Springsteen show.

The park would open at 5 p.m. and the band would be done by 10:30 p.m. Alcohol sales would be shut off when the opening act starts.

www.bostonherald.com
March 31st, 2005 07:58 AM
mac_daddy it looks like i might be going back to beantown this summer...
March 31st, 2005 08:20 AM
LadyJane Just marked the days off on the office "Vacation calendar".

Time to activate that Platinum Visa Card I've been saving.

LJ.
March 31st, 2005 09:15 PM
Soldatti I just saw the letter and looks very real.
April 1st, 2005 05:10 AM
Poplar
Keep the noise down? Fuck that.

April 1st, 2005 05:50 AM
Gazza Sounds like the guitars will be even lower in the mix than last time!!
April 1st, 2005 06:00 AM
luxury1 So, it looks like we will finally meet soon, in the flesh, eh, LadyJane????????????
Holy Christ, I am trying to not get too excited til I hear more from the Stones camp, but all the rumors are shaping up...........
April 1st, 2005 09:03 AM
glencar I have also engaged to be up there at that time. If Joshy shows, I'll be all verklempt.
April 1st, 2005 09:13 AM
luxury1 uhhh, glenny, what the hell is "verklempt?"

See you in Boston, I guess....
April 1st, 2005 09:14 AM
glencar That means all teary eyed. It's Yiddish.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood