ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JOHNNIE COCHRAN DEAD! Return to archive
March 29th, 2005 10:15 PM
M.O.W.A.T. http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/03/29/co...obit/index.html
March 29th, 2005 10:17 PM
Poplar
"If the gloves don't fit, you must acquit."
March 29th, 2005 11:17 PM
littleredrooster Does anyone know where OJ was when it happened ??????
March 30th, 2005 05:28 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Does anyone know where OJ was when it happened ??????

One would assume on some golf course in Florida.
March 30th, 2005 05:44 AM
LadyJane OJ claims to be "deeply in prayer" for the man who saved his sorry ass. Read it on cnn.com. Disgusting.

LJ.
March 30th, 2005 05:53 AM
Gazza Fuck 'im
[Edited by Gazza]
March 30th, 2005 10:49 AM
Fiji Joe Good...maybe now we can get some more of them black folks in prison
March 30th, 2005 10:52 AM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Good...maybe now we can get some more of them black folks in prison

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 30th, 2005 11:32 AM
rocker May the eternal wrath of God be upon him for his helping to aquit a man that eveyone knows was guilty of a brutal murder. Cochran himself knows that OJ did it, may the blood of Nicole be eteranlly upon Cochran's hands. When OJ dies i hope he and cochran rot together in the fires of hell.what a creep.
March 30th, 2005 11:54 AM
parmeda ...nevermind

I'll save my comments after hearing what comes from a pathetic eulogy.
March 30th, 2005 11:57 AM
voodoopug He is a clear case of crossing the line from doing whats right, to just doing my job.
March 30th, 2005 12:47 PM
Lil Brian Johnny would have been the first guy I would have called if my ass was on the line. Blame the system, not him.
March 30th, 2005 01:22 PM
kath while i agree technically with that, i have to say that i agree more with the "what's right vs doing my job". i must admit that my heart lept a little when i saw the headline that he had passed away. i don't think he was deserving of a long life after what he did.

i'll prolly get struck by lightening for saying that, but what the hell, i was gonna get struck by lightening anyway sooner or later....
March 30th, 2005 01:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
while i agree technically with that, i have to say that i agree more with the "what's right vs doing my job". i must admit that my heart lept a little when i saw the headline that he had passed away. i don't think he was deserving of a long life after what he did.

i'll prolly get struck by lightening for saying that, but what the hell, i was gonna get struck by lightening anyway sooner or later....

Thanks Kath, you obviously know a good theory when you see one. I would like you to explain your recent absence? At first glance, it seems inexcusable. Josh sends his best!
March 30th, 2005 01:35 PM
kath well, first glances are often misleading, dearie. and believe me, josh and i have been "in touch" in our own little way.....

but here i am now, aren't i adorable??
March 30th, 2005 01:46 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
well, first glances are often misleading, dearie. and believe me, josh and i have been "in touch" in our own little way.....

but here i am now, aren't i adorable??

i will tell him that, he seems to think that you dont like him and wish him poor fortunes

you are here now, which is reassuring! But we cannot afford to have you disappearing on us. Joey becomes worried, and indigestions sets in.

On that note, i am going to be gone the next few days and expect joey to be taken care of when i am gone, he needs our help.
March 30th, 2005 02:34 PM
Lil Brian
quote:
kath wrote:
i was gonna get struck by lightening anyway sooner or later....

Kath- I probably will too! Ha! I guess I just don't see it as Johnny's fault.

March 30th, 2005 02:40 PM
kath i don't think lightening is that bad a way to go, really.....

as for joey...c'mere my little joeykins, my breasts will always be open...baybee..you can rest your weary head right on me........
March 30th, 2005 02:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
kath wrote:
i don't think lightening is that bad a way to go, really.....

as for joey...c'mere my little joeykins, my breasts will always be open...baybee..you can rest your weary head right on me........

now you are getting into the flow
March 31st, 2005 08:36 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Cochran made his name originally by dealing with police brutality cases in LA very early on. And I think he may have hurt his legacy by getting Simpson off. But the fact is he was a great lawyer...but then again he was fishing in a stocked pond.
March 31st, 2005 02:09 PM
Scot Rocks Why the hate for Cohrane, blame the jury they found him not guilty, was there not a lot of inconsistencies in the case as well.

March 31st, 2005 05:15 PM
wgwalsh My deepest condolences to the Cochran family.

Mr. Cochran was a strong and gifted man.
March 31st, 2005 05:40 PM
Gazza
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Why the hate for Cohrane, blame the jury they found him not guilty,

Fuck them too, then... .

quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
was there not a lot of inconsistencies in the case as well

hardly makes it OK to manipulate a jury by playing a race card, though. Nor does it make the murdering fucker innocent.

[Edited by Gazza]
March 31st, 2005 10:17 PM
Scot Rocks Im not aware of all that happened in the case, or really about Cochrane himself, was just surprised at the harsh reaction. Also as I had seen a documentary where all the inconsistencies of the case against Simpson were shown and in fact it may have been another family member that committed the crime? I cant remember to be honest but I can see he is not well liked.
March 31st, 2005 10:48 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Im not aware of all that happened in the case, or really about Cochrane himself, was just surprised at the harsh reaction. Also as I had seen a documentary where all the inconsistencies of the case against Simpson were shown and in fact it may have been another family member that committed the crime? I cant remember to be honest but I can see he is not well liked.

You have many of the facts wrong on the Simpson case. There was nothing inconsistent about the evidence. It was overwhelming, mind boggling on how much evidence they had. It pointed in only one direction. It pointed to O.J. In fact, they even had scientific DNA evidence found at the crime scene (they found O.J.'s blood there and they found the victim's blood in OJ's car). In all my years, I've never seen a case with so much evidence. They even have a tape a few years earlier where the victim is screaming her lungs out, crying for help on a 911 call (O.J. was about to bust the door down). OJ is a disgusting piece of human filth. May this cold blooded double murderer burn, rot in hell.

Johnnie on the other hand was a brilliant lawyer who did what he had to do to get his obviously guilty client off. If you can get or find a jury dumb enough to go along with some of those bizarre, unproven conspiracy theories, why blame Johnnie??? The law is not necessarily about guilt or innocence. It's sometimes about the quality of your legal help. Guilty people get off because they can afford great lawyers and innocent people go to jail because they have lousy lawyers. It happens all the time.

[Edited by time is on my side]
March 31st, 2005 10:51 PM
glencar Lawyers suck. So does OJ.
April 1st, 2005 02:01 AM
Brainbell Jangler "Lawyers suck."
Fine, glencar. Next time someone violates your rights,call a plumber.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood