ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones to open new Wembley Stadium in June 2006 with 3 shows (Contact Music/The Sun) Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 28th, 2005 08:53 PM
mac_daddy looks like the missus and i mighthave to take a trip to london next summer...

if this event is definite, we'll book it.
March 28th, 2005 09:26 PM
Soldatti Bon Jovi did the last show on Wembley on August 20th 2000.
This was the setlist of that night (look the final songs):

1. Livin' On A Prayer
2. You Give Love A Bad Name
3. Captain Crash And The Beauty Queen From Mars
4. Say It Isn't So
5. One Wild Night
6. Born To Be My Baby
7. It's My Life
8. Bed Of Roses
9. I Got The Girl
10. Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
11. Wild In The Streets
12. Just Older
13. Lay Your Hands On Me
14. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
15. Rockin' All Over The World
16. Bad Medicine
17. Shout
18. Two Story Town
19. Blood On Blood (!!)
20. Wanted Dead Or Alive
21. These Days
22. Keep The Faith
23. Sympathy For The Devil (!!!!!!)
24. Next 100 Years
25. Thank You For Loving Me
March 28th, 2005 10:07 PM
mac_daddy a cover of sympathy for the devil..? yikes!

maybe the stones will do like they did on the no security tour (with all the cameos) and invite jon and sambora up to jam "cant you hear me knockin'" i can hear richie taking the leads with blistering authority now...

oh, the irony!
March 28th, 2005 10:35 PM
corgi37 Of course this will be last tour. It's all very slowly grinding to a halt.

Well, either this one or the next one. Then, thats it. Lights out.

Or maybe the one after the one afte the next.
March 29th, 2005 07:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
a cover of sympathy for the devil..? yikes!

maybe the stones will do like they did on the no security tour (with all the cameos) and invite jon and sambora up to jam "cant you hear me knockin'" i can hear richie taking the leads with blistering authority now...

oh, the irony!

as much as I like you, Mac, you're close to a ban with a blasphemous statement such as that one ;-)
March 29th, 2005 07:25 AM
Gazza >
Gazz, my email from 2 weeks past never came through.
It offered you American beer posters from the 80's if you wanted to adorn your pub room at home with some fantastic placards from Yankee barley and hops.
Intested? Email me for details.

sure I would! Thanks!! well..I dont have a "pub room" but I do have a converted attic where I keep my records, tapes and stuff!

>Would the Mrs let you use them for wallpaper?

if she didnt, I could always use HER as wallpaper instead!
March 29th, 2005 09:24 AM
Stray Cat UK All Standing?

SEE YOU DOWN THE FRONT

Mind you ,having (almost) reached 40 ,I'll need something to pee in if I'm stuck down there for 8-10 hours !

scuk
March 29th, 2005 09:29 AM
Gazza they'll have a 'golden circle'

..if they dont, it'll be "golden showers" for the reasons you've stated above...
March 29th, 2005 10:26 AM
headshrinker
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Oasis' "Familiar to Millions" live album mostly comes from their broadcasted Wembley show in July 2000. I still find it amazing that a performance as drunkenly embarrassing,charmless and obnoxious as that was released as a live record and DVD. I was still a big fan up to that point but I think I switched over that night after about 20 minutes.

yeah but he can get away with coz he's liam gallager, the greatest frontman of all time!!!!!

LET THE ABUSE BEGIN
March 29th, 2005 10:36 AM
Gazza LOL

knew that would get ya posting
March 29th, 2005 11:30 AM
Stray Cat UK Maybe we could use Liam's empty skull as a piss pot?
March 30th, 2005 06:55 AM
headshrinker
quote:
Stray Cat UK wrote:
Maybe we could use Liam's empty skull as a piss pot?

i'd like to c u try. i think, u might get your head kicked in.

by the way, quality joke. i've never laughed so hard in my life - "eyes role"
March 30th, 2005 07:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
headshrinker wrote:

i'd like to c u try. i think, u might get your head kicked in.

by the way, quality joke. i've never laughed so hard in my life - "eyes role"

Hey headshrinker, I bought The Masterplan cd a few weeks back. It past me by at the time for some reason. Anyway, your'e named after a great song!

Liam and co rule. Some people here just need to get over it. I can't wait for the new album.
March 30th, 2005 10:29 AM
Stray Cat UK What have I started.

Anyway it turns out to have been Bon Jovi who played the final Wembley gig.

I saw them on that tour (my wife is a big fan),they were ok,I suppose .....except the encores went on forever

We finished up screaming "GET OFF"

Thank god they didn't do Sympathy that night.

I've got a choice of upcoming gigs : Little Richard or REM / Zutons what do you think ?

scuk
March 30th, 2005 10:32 AM
headshrinker
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Hey headshrinker, I bought The Masterplan cd a few weeks back. It past me by at the time for some reason. Anyway, your'e named after a great song!

Liam and co rule. Some people here just need to get over it. I can't wait for the new album.

yeah, i think the masterplan is actually better than be here now.

i know what u mean about the peeps here mate. last time i spoke about oasis i was almost banned!!
March 30th, 2005 10:35 AM
Gazza No you weren't!!!
March 30th, 2005 10:43 AM
mac_daddy

i'm telling you jon and richie s will be in the house at the stones' wembley gig. whether or not they are onstage is another matter, but i will bet they will be there...

hopefully, i will be there, too

oasis is the UK's version of bon jovi. i never thought about that, but it is quite a fitting statement, on alot of levels.

March 30th, 2005 10:56 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
headshrinker wrote:

yeah, i think the masterplan is actually better than be here now.

i know what u mean about the peeps here mate. last time i spoke about oasis i was almost banned!!

Be Here Now and Familiar To Millions are the only two Oasis albums I'm yet to purchase. As far as Be Here Now goes, I like Stand By Me and All Around The World. Thats it in all honesty. Stay Young should of been on there. In fact, that SHOULD OF been a single!

The Definantly Maybe dvd is the next Oasis purchase for me
March 31st, 2005 08:51 AM
headshrinker
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

oasis is the UK's version of bon jovi.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood