ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones all washed up? Return to archive
March 26th, 2005 07:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I wouldn't count on it.

You Got Me Rocking

I was a butcher cutting up meat
My hands were bloody I'm dying on my feet
I was a surgeon 'till I start to shake
I was a falling 'till you put on the brakes

Hey, hey you got me rocking now

I was a pitcher down in a slump
I was a fighter taken for a sucker punch
Feeling bad I guess I lost my spring
I was the boxer who can't get in the ring

Hey, hey there ain't no stopping me

I was a hooker losing her looks
I was a writer can't write another book
I was all dried up dying to get wet
I was a tycoon drowning in debt

Hey, hey there ain't no stopping me

March 26th, 2005 07:28 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well...they ain't...provided they avoid the sappy ballads. If this next album is sappy ballad shit, then they better call it a day, at least as far as real rock n roll goes.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
March 26th, 2005 07:36 PM
JumpingKentFlash One more beer and you're out cold my man.
March 26th, 2005 07:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
JumpingKentFlash wrote:
One more beer and you're out cold my man.

Don't tell me you actually LIKE sappy ballads!
March 26th, 2005 08:26 PM
T&A if they can't come up with anything better than YGMR - the worst piece of shit from their forgettable 90's output - then, yes, they are washed up (at least in the studio).
March 26th, 2005 08:34 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
T&A wrote:
if they can't come up with anything better than YGMR - the worst piece of shit from their forgettable 90's output - then, yes, they are washed up (at least in the studio).

That was a good song.
March 26th, 2005 10:06 PM
CraigP That is true Motels though it's nothing special.
March 26th, 2005 10:07 PM
Poplar
YGMR turned into a good stadium/arena rocker.

March 26th, 2005 10:37 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Poplar wrote:

YGMR turned into a good stadium/arena rocker.

LOVE IT-SHOULD BE AT EVERY SHOW
March 27th, 2005 01:18 AM
texile i agree t&a........
OKAY just ain't good enough;
the stones can put out derivative shit while sleeping;
now if one sappy ballad was heartfelt - now THAT would something.
stones fans should expect nothing but brilliance - they're too fucking rich to get by with that lames-ass pseudo-macho-pose crap.
March 27th, 2005 06:02 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Don't tell me you actually LIKE sappy ballads!

Well I'm a Beatles fan too. So I kindda have to.
March 27th, 2005 09:11 AM
HellsRollingThunder Do you know the Rolling S tones are going to play in the new
Wembley Stadium in June 2006 as the last on the f inal world
tour? This was on an email rec eived from Music.com or contact.com and they also said Sharone Osborne was doing the
2 hour Vagina monologe and Ozzy was confused and asking her
why she was going to talk about her vagina for 2 hours? She will
be doing the monolgue with her 21 yr old daughter Aimee.
March 27th, 2005 10:39 AM
J.J.Flash I tend to hate to the bone every motherfucker who dislike You Got Me ROckin'...... indeed. I'm not joking at all......

A great rocker.... the studio version shows the band, with that tight union, Ronald on fire, Keith unbelievable......Mick Jagger fuckin' nuts.... Charlie Boy on his prime.......
March 27th, 2005 11:32 AM
T&A
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I tend to hate to the bone every motherfucker who dislike You Got Me ROckin'...... indeed. I'm not joking at all......

A

How open minded of you sir! I, on the other hand, have absolute tolerance for any YGMR supporter - I feel sorrow and pity for such gullible folks, but I do tolerate.
March 27th, 2005 01:03 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
T&A wrote:

How open minded of you sir! I, on the other hand, have absolute tolerance for any YGMR supporter - I feel sorrow and pity for such gullible folks, but I do tolerate.

If you know most of my writings here at this most prodigious of all Rolling Stones Message Boards.....you SHOULD know that I was joking (and for that matter, disrespect "I am not joking at all" line, it was just for the purpose of ephasyzing my taste for that particular song).

If you at least once paid such attention to any of my posts, you should know by now that I never fought here with anybody without a cause, nor have offended anyone here. I ain't no pot stirrer mister.

And, btw, I, on the other hand, don't know what the hell does a person who dislike YGMR want from the Stones in a song. What is the problem with YGMR? NOW, please, could explain me what's the problem, what's your negative thoughts on YGMR?!?

I am here waiting for any replies.

And T&A, I'm sorry if you got it the wrong way, I would like to reinforce that wasn't my intention. I think we even exchanged PM a few times (well, at least I remember). I bloody hope I am no lousy, unnoticeable presence.

Your pal.....

J.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
March 28th, 2005 01:45 PM
texile when edith, gloria and the lorenzos' accused meathead of being as intolerant as archie, he replied:

"i'm tolerant enough to listen to you, even though i know that all you're dead wrong......."

ygmr is a retread, but ok.
March 28th, 2005 01:56 PM
nankerphelge YGMR is a great Stones rocker -- don't understand to this day why so many Stones fans bash it!
March 28th, 2005 04:46 PM
glencar The chorus of YGMR really sucks. I once heard a dance version of the song on a pop radio station & that was actually somewhat redeemable. I hope & pray that there aren't any YGMRs on the upcoming release.
March 28th, 2005 06:37 PM
gotdablouse I agree YGMR is a horrible song, lyrics are not bad, but the "music" ranks among the nadir of the Stones's recorded output.
March 28th, 2005 08:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
YGMR is a great Stones rocker -- don't understand to this day why so many Stones fans bash it!

Musically, its a decent rocker, unfortunately coupled with some of the most banal lyrics in the band's entire recorded history (not the worst lyrics on the album though -"Sparks will fly" has that dubious 'honour') and for some reason best known only to the Stones themselves, it's been played far more frequently and prominently (as an opener AND on the b-stage!) than it's deserved to be.

The Stones DID do some very good songs in the '90's. There were many that were better than YGMR which dont get played anywhere near as regularly.
March 28th, 2005 08:49 PM
StonesChick I've never really liked this but it was great live during Licks.

The Stones have put out a lot of good songs in the 90's. I guess I'm in them minority, but I love the new songs they put on Forty Licks, even Keith's.
March 28th, 2005 09:11 PM
Soldatti YGMR is a warhorse wannabe, but is very far from that.
March 29th, 2005 08:15 AM
T&A
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

If you know most of my writings here at this most prodigious of all Rolling Stones Message Boards.....you SHOULD know that I was joking (and for that matter, disrespect "I am not joking at all" line, it was just for the purpose of ephasyzing my taste for that particular song).

hey - it's all tongue-in-cheek with me. if anyone takes this Stones stuff too seriously, they truly need help.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood