ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: msg june 1972 quest Return to archive
March 26th, 2005 07:54 AM
rocky hi ! i wonder the date and show,msg june 1972.?
mick say's "it's four o clock, time for tea"
and it's stereo .all the tracks.
March 26th, 2005 10:48 AM
glencar You really need the Karnbach book. Anyway, they played July 24, 25 & 26 (MIck's 29th birthday) at MSG. On the second day they played 2 shows & one was in the afternoon which also had some songs filmed for Dickie Cavett's old TV show. It was a sophisticated version of Johnny Carson which never really attracted the masses.
March 26th, 2005 11:58 AM
rocky ok,...thanks,,,, rocky.
March 26th, 2005 01:45 PM
littleredrooster You have a stereo copy of the MSG 72 matinee?
I was there and would be interested in hearing that show.
March 26th, 2005 02:18 PM
glimmertwin50 The Cavett show broadcast "Brown Sugar" and "Street Fighting Man'. I don't know if stereo copies exist of this. I haven't seen any soundboard boots of this show.
March 26th, 2005 02:20 PM
glencar That's one show that needs to be rebroadcast. Why else should "TV Land" exist?
March 26th, 2005 03:15 PM
TornAndFrayed
quote:
rocky wrote:
mick say's "it's four o clock, time for tea"
and it's stereo .all the tracks.

That´s Philly 07-21-72 (1st show).
March 26th, 2005 04:13 PM
rocky yes it's philly..i just listen to it.and mick presents rocks off,in the beginning of the song, rocky...
March 26th, 2005 06:33 PM
kahoosier Welcome to New York, 14 tracks from Mick's Birthday ( July 26, 1972) at Madison Square Garden and 1 track from July 25 (Street Fighting Man)now available with art work for free download at www.rockpassion.com
[Edited by kahoosier]
March 27th, 2005 12:35 AM
rocky hi ! yes already download it,is there any boot of soundboard of the msg 1972.?exept madison ,welcome to ny..?
rocky
March 29th, 2005 12:31 AM
texile my welcome to ny has the best version of ycagwyw EVER......
the cavett show should be in a time-capsule for future generations: mick at his big-haired, androgynous peak - GREAT stuff!
it's an extra on the 4-reel edition of BIG cocksucker blues along with some other cool shit.
March 29th, 2005 08:03 AM
Gazza
quote:
rocky wrote:
hi ! yes already download it,is there any boot of soundboard of the msg 1972.?exept madison ,welcome to ny..?
rocky

No. apart from the 2 songs from the 25th July afternoon show that were broadcast on the Dick Cavett Show (see above), the only soundboard recordings from the 4 MSG shows were the 8 songs from the final night (26th July) that appeared on "Welcome to New York", "Madison" and other titles.

There are audience recordings of all four shows. The best of which is the evening show from the 25th. The one I have from the 24th is the worst sounding of the four.
[Edited by Gazza]
March 29th, 2005 11:21 AM
rocky ok !! thanks for the guide...to the ny 72 shows,,,
rocky
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood