ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAΡOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No new Who album and tour for Joey this year Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 24th, 2005 04:02 PM
GimmeExile Sorry, buddy, but at least you have U2 to get your rocks off with, not to mention our beloved Stones!

From BILLBOARD:

New Who Album, Shows Postponed

Pete Townshend says any activity in the Who camp this year has been postponed for "some indeterminate time," including the group's first new album since 1982's "It's Hard."

"The new Who album has been delayed, not cancelled," the guitarist said in a diary posting on his official Web site. "The release date I had hoped for in the late spring or very early summer was whipped from under my nose after three years of writing." The Who will also not tour this summer, as drummer Zak Starkey has committed to playing with Oasis until next January.

"I had lots of plans, but no hard schedule," Townshend said. "And this us what has created this predicament. It's probably my fault, because I work very slowly in the studio, and either no one believed I was actually recording, or they got tired of waiting."

The guitarist said lead singer Roger Daltrey has done "sketch vocals' on several tracks, "and the results are very exciting." But for the time being, he will focus his attentions on writing for his own project, "The Boy Who Heard Music," as well as completing his autobiography.

In related news, an auction of items from the home of late Who bassist John Entwistle will take place April 21 in Cheltenham, England. For more information, click here.

-- Jason MacNeil, Toronto

March 24th, 2005 04:03 PM
Joey

And then ..................................

.... Depression Set In !

***** CUE BERNSTEIN MUSIC *******

http://www.omahameca.com/arena/default.htm

Joey Stripes ! ™

[ Edited by Remy ]
[Edited by Joey]
March 24th, 2005 04:08 PM
Bizarro JB "You see...when things got a little hot between Max and Joey...a little dicey...and the heat was turned up...Joey fucking choked...he took his ball and went home...Joey just shit his pants"
March 24th, 2005 04:19 PM
Nellcote Hey JB, enough of the trash talk already.
Save it for the 'Phins, you'll have plenty to whine about there...
March 24th, 2005 04:22 PM
Bizarro JB Jay Fiedler is a God...a big, dreamy, banana boat God...and he's hung like a horse
March 24th, 2005 04:31 PM
Nellcote So, I guess you will be a fan of the J E T S now,
as your Hasidic Homeboy has gone North...
March 24th, 2005 04:41 PM
Bizarro JB
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
So, I guess you will be a fan of the J E T S now,
as your Hasidic Homeboy has gone North...

Damn skippy!...you know J E T S is remarkably close to J E W S
March 24th, 2005 04:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Bizarro JB wrote:

Damn skippy!...you know J E T S is remarkably close to J E W S

credit where it is due.....that is a fine post
March 24th, 2005 04:46 PM
Nellcote jb, And your point is exactly?
March 24th, 2005 04:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
jb, And your point is exactly?

Please be aware that this is a fictional character and the real jb has completed the transition.
March 24th, 2005 04:55 PM
Nellcote the only transition Pug is in his mind.
This pseudo name for JB is as out there as the JB whom had his posts stripped away by the admin like Jay Fiedler has the pigskin stripped from his feeble hands regularly..
March 24th, 2005 04:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
the only transition Pug is in his mind.
This pseudo name for JB is as out there as the JB whom had his posts stripped away by the admin like Jay Fiedler has the pigskin stripped from his feeble hands regularly..

lets not forget about the signing bonus that was stripped from the feeble hands of Ricky "flush it away" Williams
March 24th, 2005 05:02 PM
Joey
"You see...when things got a little hot between Max and Joey...a little dicey...and the heat was turned up...Joey fucking choked...he took his ball and went home...Joey just shit his pants" !!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 24th, 2005 05:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

"You see...when things got a little hot between Max and Joey...a little dicey...and the heat was turned up...Joey fucking choked...he took his ball and went home...Joey just shit his pants" !!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i shall work with young joey and guide him to bigger and better things!
March 24th, 2005 09:43 PM
corgi37 Look on the bright side. The Oasis tour will probably collapse in a flurry of fists, fits and bottles by about September, leaving Zak plenty of time to get back to the Who.

I assume Oasis isnt going to do a U.S. tour. I mean, surely? They arent, are they? I mean, what, 4 people will turn up!

They are so 90's. Like, Spice Girls, Pierce Brosnan and my hair.
March 24th, 2005 10:14 PM
voodoopug
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Look on the bright side. The Oasis tour will probably collapse in a flurry of fists, fits and bottles by about September, leaving Zak plenty of time to get back to the Who.

I assume Oasis isnt going to do a U.S. tour. I mean, surely? They arent, are they? I mean, what, 4 people will turn up!

I hear they will tour the US. I just hope the Wrestlemania that is their stage show goes down in chicago so that i can watch many different takes of it on the news.

I will not be able to post very much the next few days as i have meetings that will keep me out of the office.....please watch after young Joey....Jumacfly, you are in charge.
March 25th, 2005 03:18 AM
Hannalee Hey, Joey

Here's your chance to buy a piece of the Ox: www.humberts.co.uk/fineart.

I'm tempted to go and pick up the odd skeleton...

Dunno if the link is ever going to work so:

24 March 2005
John auction

An auction of the remaining items of John's estate will take place on April 21st. Items up for auction are varied, ranging from musical instruments, white label albums through to household furniture. A full list will soon be avaialble on the auctioneer's website.

Also below is the auctioneer's release regarding the auction which carries details of where and when it is.

Matt

EDITORIAL

Auction Sale on behalf of the Executors of the Late Mr John Entwistle The Frogmill Hotel, Andoversford, Cheltenham, Glos. Thursday 21st April 2005

HUMBERTS incorporating Tayler & Fletcher are pleased to announce that they have been favoured with instructions from the Executors of the late John Entwistle (former bass player with The Who) to sell the remaining contents of 'Quarwood', Stow-on-the-Wold, John Entwistle's Cotswold home in England for 27 years. As you can imagine, he had acquired and collected an eclectic assortment of items within his 52 room Gloucestershire mansion including Rock Memoribilia. Auctioneer, Martin Lambert commented " It really was quite an eye opener having seen the massive collection of various items that had been amassed from the great man's travels, quite obviously from the four corners of the earth."

As you would expect with a sale of this nature, more than one or two of the lots to be offered have stories to tell, not least of all the two skeletons (formerly posing in the main bedroom!) that John Entwistle used to surprise guests with by placing them in guest bedroom cupboards or even in the beds themselves as a lighthearted prank. One can only imagine the 'surprise' on the guest's faces after discovering these rather disconcerting objects, especially after perhaps one or two drinks!

Once again, as you would expect from the home of a major rock star, music in various forms is featured. Emanating from his London home originally and having been with him from his early days, a baby grand piano by Danemann will be offered for sale. according to information supplied, the instrument was used certainly for the writing of several songs and also generally when he got together with other musicians. Other musical items include an interesting collection of 'white label' Records. These were records that were supplied as copy proofs by the recording studio in America to the band members in order that they might approve the sound and arrangements, etc. By their very nature they are certainly quite rare and the auctioneers can report that several 'white label' LPs are to be offered from the late 70s/early 80s period when the band were huge in the USA. There is also a cased presentation Microphone awarded to the band in the early 70s when they were just starting to become well known and one or two guitar flight cases, one belonging to his famous bass guitar named 'Frankenstein' (an amalgam of several other bass guitars) that originally sold with sotheby's in London for over 80,000 pounds over two years ago. Many other items (over 700 lots in all) are to go under the hammer including Antique and quality reproduction Furniture, Sculptures, Silver and Plate, various Ornaments and Collectables, a fine Longcase Clock, large collections of Books and Video Cassettes, electronic recording equipment, ceramics, glassware, a Pinball Machine, 1970's Video arcade Machines (Including an original Space invaders Machine!), a Fruit machine, a Bar Billiards Table, a Table Top Football machine, pictures and prints (including original works by John Entwistle) and a fine collection of large hand knotted Eastern rugs and carpets that until recently graced the floors of his fine Gloucestershire Mansion.

Catalogues will soon be available for this important single owner sale and the auctioneers advise that the entire catalogue together with many illustrative images can be viewed on our website www.humberts.co.uk/fineart.

We will shortly be announcing further details of this exciting Auction Sale to take place at the Frogmill Hotel, Andoversford, Cheltenham, Glos on Thursday 21st April at 10.00am. Viewing for this sale will take place on Tuesday 19th and Wednesday 20th April, 8.00am until 7.00pm and also on the day of sale from 8.00am until the sale starts at 10.00am.

[Edited by Hannalee]
March 25th, 2005 05:31 AM
Gazza I presume that it would have been John's girlfriend and next of kin who put these artifacts up for sale.

Unfortunately, she wont get to see the money from them as she died of a suspected asthma attack in Memphis just last week
March 25th, 2005 09:21 AM
Joey
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Look on the bright side. The Oasis tour will probably collapse in a flurry of fists, fits and bottles by about September, leaving Zak plenty of time to get back to the Who.

Ladies & Gentlemen .................................

You see !!!! --- THIS is why Corgi is THE KING !!!!!!!!

Outstanding Posting .

The Joey , Established 1999
March 25th, 2005 10:40 AM
Hannalee
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I presume that it would have been John's girlfriend and next of kin who put these artifacts up for sale.

Unfortunately, she wont get to see the money from them as she died of a suspected asthma attack in Memphis just last week

Presumably his son is still in line to inherit. Has he only the one?
March 25th, 2005 11:28 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 25th, 2005 01:18 PM
Martha
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I presume that it would have been John's girlfriend and next of kin who put these artifacts up for sale.

Can you show me where to go so I can see more details about her death Gary? My sister suffers from asthma and I am scared that this could happen to her. Thank you.

Joey...stay strong my Whoian/Stonesian Prince Charming.

The WHO will rock again!

I know it.

:-)
March 25th, 2005 01:35 PM
Factory Girl G.,

I'd appreciate a link about John E's girlfriend passing.

Maybe the Ox did not want his collection auctioned off...hmmm?

Thanks,

FG
March 25th, 2005 02:52 PM
Honky Tonk Man I'm sorry to upset the Oasis bashers, but they sold out Madison Square Garden in two hours.

Not bad for a band who some here think America dislikes.
March 25th, 2005 03:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
Martha wrote:

Can you show me where to go so I can see more details about her death Gary? My sister suffers from asthma and I am scared that this could happen to her. Thank you.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=1002605

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/03/17/nwho17.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/03/17/ixhome.html

various stories about what happened to her. Some reports say an OD, some say an asthma attack
March 25th, 2005 03:32 PM
Joey
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I'm sorry to upset the Oasis bashers, but they sold out Madison Square Garden in two hours.

Not bad for a band who some here think America dislikes.

Oasis Sucks !!!! ... Period !!!!!!!

Why Zak left THE WHO for those two crappy Gallagher Brothers is beyond me ...........I give him two weeks until he belts either Noel and/or Liam right in the nose and flies back to Oceanic Studios to be with " The Petey " ( .. where he BELONGS ! )

Word !

JACKY ! ™

Jacky ! ™ ... Jacky ! ™ .... Jacky ! ™

[ Edited by The Petey ]
[Edited by Joey]
March 25th, 2005 03:53 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Joey wrote:

Oasis Sucks !!!! ... Period !!!!!!!

Why Zak left THE WHO for those two crappy Gallagher Brothers is beyond me ...........I give him two weeks until he belts either Noel and/or Liam right in the nose and flies back to Oceanic Studios to be with " The Petey " ( .. where he BELONGS ! )

Word !

JACKY ! ™

Jacky ! ™ ... Jacky ! ™ .... Jacky ! ™

[ Edited by The Petey ]
[Edited by Joey]

Oasis don't suck and millions would agree with me. They're golden era was over ten years ago, but they are still an amazing live draw. Over here in the UK, MORE would pay to see them than a couple of old codgers. (Pete and Roger Daltery)

HOWEVER, saying that, I think Zak Starkey is marvelous with the Who and I'd love to see him live with them again. He seemed to have Monnies style and wing down to a tee.
March 25th, 2005 04:14 PM
Joey " Oasis don't suck and millions would agree with me... they are still an amazing live draw. Over here in the UK, MORE would pay to see them than a couple of old codgers. (Pete and Roger Daltery) "

You make Joey very sad

" HOWEVER, saying that, I think Zak Starkey is marvelous with the Who and I'd love to see him live with them again. He seemed to have Monnies ( incredible sic )style and wing down to a tee. "

Come to Joey ........................

|
|
|
|
V

March 26th, 2005 01:27 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Oasis don't suck and millions would agree with me... they are still an amazing live draw. Over here in the UK, MORE would pay to see them than a couple of old codgers. (Pete and Roger Daltery) "

You make Joey very sad

" HOWEVER, saying that, I think Zak Starkey is marvelous with the Who and I'd love to see him live with them again. He seemed to have Monnies ( incredible sic )style and wing down to a tee. "

Come to Joey ........................

|
|
|
|
V

March 26th, 2005 02:19 PM
glencar Nice tits, pug.

I'd love to see Oasis just once. I liked the "Morning Glory" CD & I even liked a bit of the one after that all else hated. The Who ahven't been good for 2 decades. The dream is over, Joey.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood