ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For White Stripes Fans: New Album Finished (NSC) Return to archive
March 23rd, 2005 08:19 AM
justinkurian From www.nme.com

STRIPES ALBUM FINISHED

WHITE STRIPES have finished recording their new album inside two weeks – and it could be released in time for GLASTONBURY.

The duo have been at Jack White’s Detroit home working on songs for the follow-up to ‘Elephant’. Much like the recording of their classic fourth album, which was done in ten days at Toe Rag studios in London, recording of the as-yet-untitled new longplayer came quickly, with the pair recording on average a song a day.

Speaking in the middle of last week, a friend of Jack White’s told NME.COM: “They only started about a week and a half ago and they were aiming to finish the recording on Friday (March 18). There’s still things to do though, like mixing and mastering. They’re working at their usual pace, but to finish an album in this time is impressive nonetheless.”

Speaking recently, singer Jack White predicted that although they had a lengthy break after touring ‘Elephant’ around the world, getting the record wrapped up wouldn’t be a problem.

He said: “I’m going home to record and it should be done pretty quick. I've done it [this way] for a long time, in my attic and out of my house, making 45s for bands. When bands would come to town, they'd stay at my house and we'd cut an album.

"I've been doing it for as long as I've been writing, and for as long as I've had bands, I've been recording. I never knew too much about the technical side, I just wanted to get things on tape that were soulful. And that's the same thing with (Loretta Lynn’s ’Van Lear Rose’). It was on 8-track, and we did it in 12 days."

NME.COM understands that the album, like those before it has been recorded on analogue equipment. A spokesperson for the band told NME.COM that the record does not have a confirmed release date. However, it is hoped that the record will be released in time for Glastonbury.
March 23rd, 2005 08:43 AM
Factory Girl Thanks for the info.
March 23rd, 2005 09:55 AM
GimmeExile "Elephant" will be a hard album to follow. That album is a masterpiece!

Jack White is one of the few current artists that I am passionate about.
March 23rd, 2005 10:58 AM
Martha This is wonderful news!!!!! Thanks for posting it!

Say...Anyone need this show perchance? I'll b&p it to ANY member of this board. The sound is STELLAR A TMR (travelin' man records) GEM for sure. Just PM me and it's yours!
WHITE STRIPES
At The Agora
Cleveland, OH
November 30,2003
( last show of the US leg)
*Note Exception: They did a New Year's Eve gig in Chicago just for Parmeda before they split for the UK leg.

peace out rock and rollers,
Maaaaaaartha!
March 23rd, 2005 12:15 PM
Lil Brian Their concert DVD from last year, "Under Blackpool Lights", is also very good. It includes 26 songs and I found it for $15 on sale. A bargain in my eyes (and ears).
March 24th, 2005 12:55 PM
Martha
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
Their concert DVD from last year, "Under Blackpool Lights", is also very good. It includes 26 songs and I found it for $15 on sale. A bargain in my eyes (and ears).

Hey Lil Brian, I got that one over the holiday and it is stellar! A gem in my book. :-)
March 24th, 2005 08:25 PM
time is on my side Thanks for the information. I agree with one of the post above and found Elephant to be an exciting, artistic statement. It was a fucking materpiece. Also, as mentioned in one of the post above, White Stripes is one of the few new bands that I, too, actually find exciting. Looking forward with great anticipation to their new album. Also, saw them live for the first time during their last tour. Great show even if it was an outdoor show with people body surfing and crashing down to earth all around me. Just found out they're coming into town this June at another outdoor festival.

March 25th, 2005 10:40 AM
Martha Doesn't anyone need the show?

Travelin' Man Records presents the:
WHITE STRIPES
At The Agora
Cleveland, OH
November 30,2003
March 25th, 2005 11:17 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Martha wrote:
Doesn't anyone need the show?

Travelin' Man Records presents the:
WHITE STRIPES
At The Agora
Cleveland, OH
November 30,2003

Well, my gosh, Martha - I hate to see brilliance and generosity go begging! I'd be thrilled to have a copy!
March 25th, 2005 12:28 PM
Martha
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Well, my gosh, Martha - I hate to see brilliance and generosity go begging! I'd be thrilled to have a copy!

You are a doll FPM....PM me with your new mailing addy so I can send you a package proper. :-) You've been in my thoughts lately. :-) It would be cool to catch-up. Is your phone number the same? LMK!

Anyone else....this show KILLS!!!

KUDOS TO TMR!

March 27th, 2005 07:19 AM
mac_daddy "inspired by model Kate Moss's sultry pole performance in the recent pop video by White Stripes"

!!!

any more info on this..?

(quote is from this "news" story)
March 27th, 2005 09:48 PM
justinkurian Mac, check out the link from NME.com

http://www.nme.com/features/105942.htm
March 28th, 2005 04:49 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
justinkurian wrote:
Mac, check out the link from NME.com

http://www.nme.com/features/105942.htm

damn.
March 28th, 2005 05:00 PM
GimmeExile Album Release Date: June 14

From BILLBOARD:

New White Stripes Album Due In June

Rock duo the White Stripes will release their next studio album on June 14 via Third Man/V2. The as-yet-untitled set was recently recorded in the group's Detroit home base. It will be the follow-up to 2003's "Elephant," which debuted at a career-best No. 6 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 1.7 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

A handful of live dates have already been announced ahead of the album, including a three-night run in Mexico that begins May 11 in Monterrey. As previously reported, the group will also play June 10 at Atlanta's Music Midtown festival.

Beyond the White Stripes disc, singer/guitarist Jack White has also been working on an album with fellow Detroit native Brendan Benson. The project, which also features Greenhornes bassist Jack Lawrence and drummer Patrick Keeler, will most likely not see the light of day until the end of the year or early 2006, according to a V2 spokesperson.

"It's kind of a little of everything," Benson told Billboard.com in December. "I've got songs that I've pretty much written and he added lyrics to it. And he brought some songs, or actually made a bunch of 'em up on the spot. It's cool, different stuff. Some of it sounds like Jack and some of it just sounds like Cat Stevens or something."

-- Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

March 29th, 2005 09:10 AM
exile I will ALSO be looking forward to this album
I agree with you all, one of the few recent bands that I find quite exciting....
March 29th, 2005 02:44 PM
Sir Stonesalot If you like the White Stripes....have you checked out The Black Keys? Or The Kills? The Ravonettes?

Try 'em, you may like 'em.
March 29th, 2005 05:09 PM
glencar Has Meg White sung on W Stripes songs previously? Martha, I'd like a copy of that show.
March 29th, 2005 08:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah she sang lead vocal on 2 Elephant songs...In The Cold Cold Night, and It's True That We Love One Another. The last song also features Jack and Holly Golightly. Meg also does backing vocals on several things on other albums.
March 29th, 2005 10:50 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
If you like the White Stripes....have you checked out The Black Keys? Or The Kills? The Ravonettes?

Try 'em, you may like 'em.

bennevento + russo ("the duo") keys and drums and they lay down some sick sh*t. check 'em out - go here and you will see links to stream a recording of one of their live performances...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
March 30th, 2005 01:44 AM
exile
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
If you like the White Stripes....have you checked out The Black Keys?

I saw the Black keys Live in Sydney...definitely liked them....dont have any albums or mp3s though
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood