ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Through The Lonley Nights Return to archive Page: 1 2
March 22nd, 2005 08:13 AM
exile What a fucking great song,
Everything about it amazing
I have been obsessed with this song for some months now....

It’s an absolute STONES gem...just a beautiful song.

Can anyone tell me why it was never included on a stones album or ever released?

[Edited by exile]
March 22nd, 2005 08:28 AM
erikjjf It was officially released as a b-side on the IORR 7".
March 22nd, 2005 11:21 AM
texile one of my favorites - i love that middle part, "everytiiime i see ya..."
should have been on the album.
i remember being so exited when i found this single with a song i never heard on the b-side.
March 22nd, 2005 11:26 AM
sirmoonie What studio boots is this on?

Tx in advance.
March 22nd, 2005 11:48 AM
tumblingdice01 Through the Lonely Nights was on an official release. It was the B-side of She Was Hot.
March 22nd, 2005 11:55 AM
erikjjf "It's Only Goats Head Soup...But We Like It"

http://ilovemickjagger.net/arlesimages/imagepages/image1477.htm
March 22nd, 2005 12:11 PM
Jair They're are reissuing so many stuff that might release this again, the song is great. The complete B-Sides, or something alike, in one CD only
March 22nd, 2005 12:15 PM
erikjjf
quote:
tumblingdice01 wrote:
Through the Lonely Nights was on an official release. It was the B-side of She Was Hot.

No, that was "Think I'm Going Mad".
March 22nd, 2005 12:43 PM
Jair If you want a mp3 file with this song mail me at [email protected] and i send you. Just gimme a few days cuz I'm not in home this week.
March 22nd, 2005 01:22 PM
texile i thought it was the b-side of iorr
March 22nd, 2005 01:27 PM
beer
quote:
texile wrote:
i thought it was the b-side of iorr

It is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=45543&item=4710859266&rd=1
March 22nd, 2005 03:44 PM
Moonisup http://www.rockpassion.com/dld.htm

you can download it there
March 22nd, 2005 03:53 PM
glencar There's an outtake boot called "Thru The Lonely Nights" which has this & that Peter Tosh song & a few others.
March 22nd, 2005 04:25 PM
Nasty Habits A lovely coda to the Jimmy Miller era - a Goat's Head Soup outtake that smokes most of the songs on GHS and IORR. I love how the middle part goes into the third part -- "Every time I seeeeeeeeeeeeeee you . . . In your cherry dresses and your shiny shoes . . . " Just one of the best songs ever . . .

I have noticed that "I think I'm Going Mad" is kind of a low-cal substitute version of Thru the Lonely Nights, especially at the end, when Jagger starts ad libbiing - they both wrap up pretty much the same way. But TTLN has about 16 tons more melody and soul.
March 22nd, 2005 04:39 PM
glencar Funny, I had the opposite view. I always thought "Mad" had more soul & feeling. I'll play both & review my ideas...
March 22nd, 2005 04:51 PM
Some Guy Cool tune! Why is this not out?
March 22nd, 2005 05:24 PM
glimmertwin50 Let's not forget the nice Mick Taylor solo (short but sweet).
March 22nd, 2005 05:40 PM
texile Lonely Nights is meloncholy and romantic......
while Mad is sad, hopeless, and just...."all the highs and lows, don't mean a thing to me...i don't give a damn........" mick sounds truly desolate here - Mad is probably my favorite b-side.
but those cherry dresses......
March 22nd, 2005 10:36 PM
Soldatti Classic song, much better that his A-side.
March 23rd, 2005 04:25 AM
exile That really loose acoustic guitar rhythm is great. Is that Keith playing?

March 23rd, 2005 05:11 AM
Doxa I remember reading somewhere that Jimmy Page had something to do with the song.

- Doxa
March 24th, 2005 01:56 AM
texile i'd forgotten about the jimmy page connection.....
i remember reading that somewhere too and i have no idea where or if it's true.
March 24th, 2005 10:51 AM
jpenn11 Recorded Nov/Dec 1972, and April/May 1974. Released as a B side single to "It's Only Rock n Roll (But I Like It)" in 1974.

Lead Vocals: Mick Jagger Electric Guitar: Mick Taylor (Lead), Keith Richards Acoustic Guitar: Jimmy Page Bass: Bill Wyman Drums: Charlie Watts Piano: Nicky Hopkins Backing Vocals: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards
March 24th, 2005 10:59 AM
sirmoonie Mad is just beautiful. Its Side Two Tatt worthy. My friend CF hooked me up, for which I am always grateful.

All the highs and lows.....
March 24th, 2005 06:04 PM
texile i love that part on mad when he sings weakly:
"you oughta see my shakin hands....can't even drink...sip a cup of cofee aahh.."
beautiful AND sad.
March 24th, 2005 06:15 PM
Some Guy I have yet to hear I think I'm going mad yet!
March 24th, 2005 07:58 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I have yet to hear I think I'm going mad yet!

Check PM
March 24th, 2005 11:59 PM
Scottfree Can someone throw Mad (and unknown by my punkass) out there for the masses?
March 25th, 2005 12:45 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
Can someone throw Mad (and unknown by my punkass) out there for the masses?

Check PM
March 25th, 2005 03:21 AM
beer i reckon the Jimmy Page info is bullshit.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood