ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© TransGlobe Photos with thanks to Gypsy!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Today's header..... Return to archive
March 21st, 2005 11:54 AM
LadyJane What a photo! Keith looks absolutely dashing and Mick is just yummy!!

A little background info, anyone??

lJ.
March 21st, 2005 11:58 AM
J.J.Flash Heck.... I said people..... Keith was handsome.....at the same level as Mick....

"Hey....I'm damn straight Ronnie"
March 21st, 2005 11:58 AM
nankerphelge Keith looks really healthy in that picture -- before the horse got a buckin' too much!
March 21st, 2005 12:00 PM
Joey " -- before the horse got a buckin' too much! "

< --------- ***** {{{{ WTF ?!?! }}}} ******
March 21st, 2005 12:20 PM
HellsRollingThunder Horse is one of many names for Heroin.
Or as the rappers sometimes call in herron.
March 21st, 2005 01:09 PM
Jair
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:

(...)
"Hey....I'm damn straight Ronnie"

I seriously doubt, JJF
[Edited by Jair]
March 21st, 2005 07:05 PM
souldoggie That's got to be about the coolest header since...I don't know, the last cool header...whenever that was.

THANK YOU for this shot. Photos of those two in South America during the late 60's are SO rare...I never see that visit/vacation in any Stones books, and I've been collecting Stones books for over 30 years.

THANK YOU again,
Love, Souldoggie
March 21st, 2005 07:13 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Keith looks really healthy in that picture -- before the horse got a buckin' too much!

yes he does look very healthy - might be due to the fact that they went to south america by ship = all that sea air and nowhere to score
March 21st, 2005 07:29 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
...I never see that visit/vacation in any Stones books, and I've been collecting Stones books for over 30 years.

souldoggie, If you want I have some books written by Cucho "los ROlling Stones en Perú" with many pictures (not the current header) but it is in Spanish, the cost is just $15.00 USD plus actual shipping

March 21st, 2005 07:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The pictures with long hair are 1969 and the others 1981 I'm talking about Mick's hair
March 21st, 2005 08:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This one is from the never seen scenes from "Fitzcarraldo" as Mick left to start the 1981 tour

Scene from the movie, he proved to be irreplaceable. After he left the film to start the 1981-1982 tour, his part was cut. However the scenes are in the official bootleg movie "Burden of Dreams"
March 21st, 2005 10:23 PM
Zack That holiday was very prolific on the composing front - Honky Tonk Women, Sister Morphine, and such. Anita was preggers with Marlon at the time, and had some bleeding, which is where the "clean white sheets stained red" line came from. Add that to the reference to Marianne's recent miscarriage ("the baby's dead, my lady said") and you've got gynecology playing a key role in the Stones' songwriting at the time.
March 22nd, 2005 02:50 AM
FotiniD That header is stunning. They don't call them the Glimmer Twins for nothing. They're like two opposites that totally complete each other.

Love it
March 22nd, 2005 03:33 AM
Poplar
can't remember ever seeing Keith with that little soul patch. doesn't suit him, glad he lost it.

March 22nd, 2005 03:35 AM
souldoggie I was wondering if the exact dates of the early 1969 visit to South America are known. It seems they were in the studio in London on February 10th. The header is dated February 6. That header photo must have been taken right at the end of their visit. I also see where Mick did a radio interview in London on Decemnber 14th, 1968.

When did they travel to South America? When did they depart? Who went...was it Mick and Marianne and Keith and Anita?...surley they had Keylock or somebody with them, no? What country (countries) did they visit? What city (cities) did they visit? What hotel(s) did they stay at? Whom did they visit, if anyone? Whose idea was it to go? What songs do we know that they wrote while there (Honky Tonk etc)?

Thank you in advance for any and all information!
March 22nd, 2005 06:29 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
I was wondering if the exact dates of the early 1969 visit to South America are known. It seems they were in the studio in London on February 10th. The header is dated February 6. That header photo must have been taken right at the end of their visit. I also see where Mick did a radio interview in London on Decemnber 14th, 1968.

When did they travel to South America? When did they depart? Who went...was it Mick and Marianne and Keith and Anita?...surley they had Keylock or somebody with them, no? What country (countries) did they visit? What city (cities) did they visit? What hotel(s) did they stay at? Whom did they visit, if anyone? Whose idea was it to go? What songs do we know that they wrote while there (Honky Tonk etc)?

I've heard that they composed Honky Tonk at countryside of São Paulo state (Brasil), at a little town called Matão.
March 22nd, 2005 08:56 AM
Doxa The guys on header look just like thinking that "now we know what are going to do. We gonna get rid of that sucker Brian."

One of the fruits of that trip, huh?

- Doxa
March 22nd, 2005 09:18 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Hotel Playa Hermosa, Ancón, Perú 6 de febrero de 1969
© Revista Ritmolandia, Perú por cortesía de Don Cucho Peñaloza
March 22nd, 2005 09:19 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Doxa wrote:
The guys on header look just like thinking that "now we know what are going to do. We gonna get rid of that sucker Brian."

I don't think so

Well, whatever
March 22nd, 2005 09:21 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Yeah, i'm still in love with this shot: it's wonderfull
March 22nd, 2005 09:32 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
souldoggie wrote:
I was wondering if the exact dates of the early 1969 visit to South America are known. It seems they were in the studio in London on February 10th. The header is dated February 6. That header photo must have been taken right at the end of their visit. I also see where Mick did a radio interview in London on Decemnber 14th, 1968.

Too many questions but I think all of them are well docuemented by Cucho in his book, it also has pictures from Brazil.

They visited Brazil and Perú only,they departed from London to Lisboa on December 18, 1968 then by ship with Anita, Marianne and Nicholas (Marianne's son) but not with Mariann

They arrived to Brazil near the end of the year (Copacabana Palace), ten days later to Sao Paulo (Hotel Jaraguá)...

To be continued
March 22nd, 2005 09:59 AM
gypsy Hey Voodoo, I PM'd you back.
March 22nd, 2005 10:10 AM
souldoggie Hi, Voodoo I PM'd you yesterday. Don't know if you got it.

Thanks for the info and the "to be continued" tag. I would like to purchase the book. Thanks again.
March 22nd, 2005 11:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Thanks both of you! I already replied

March 22nd, 2005 11:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 1981 with Tomás Dornellas

Again from Cucho Peñaloza's Archives

March 23rd, 2005 05:03 AM
Doxa Is that 1981 Fitzgeraldo photo the same poor shirt Mick uses as in "Waiting On A Friend" video? He wasn't a big dresser at the time I see...

- Doxa
March 30th, 2005 10:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Good point I checked some píx from the video and it's the same LOL

BTW, this was today header from the same days in Perú

Hotel Playa Hermosa - Ancón, Perú - 6 de febrero de 1969
© Revista Ritmolandia, Perú por cortesía de Don Cucho Peñaloza
March 31st, 2005 12:48 AM
gypsy $15.00 is nothing for such a beautiful book filled with wonderful photos like those above. I love them love them love them! Buy the book. I think the photos are just as rare and beautiful as those in Dominique Tarle's "Exile."
Thanks Cucho! (& Voodoo)
March 31st, 2005 07:51 AM
Doxa
quote:
gypsy wrote:
$15.00 is nothing for such a beautiful book filled with wonderful photos like those above. I love them love them love them! Buy the book. I think the photos are just as rare and beautiful as those in Dominique Tarle's "Exile."
Thanks Cucho! (& Voodoo)

That's true. The Twins were at their absolute creative and best looking peak at the time, reaching their very best. And somehow those 1969 photos are still so innocent and fresh looking compared to the decadent Nellcote ones..

- Doxa
March 31st, 2005 06:01 PM
gypsy
quote:
Doxa wrote:

That's true. The Twins were at their absolute creative and best looking peak at the time, reaching their very best. And somehow those 1969 photos are still so innocent and fresh looking compared to the decadent Nellcote ones..

- Doxa

You are so right. They are so tanned, healthy, and pure (?) in the South American photos. I like the Nellcote photos, but they are sad to me, as you see Keith and Anita's teeth rotting, and all those freeloaders hanging around. Yet, when they went to South America, Brian was still alive...and everything seemed okay. Anita was in the early stages of her pregnancy, and her smile is stunning. It's in sharp contrast to her sad burned-out Nellcote look.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood