ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Return to Forever" returns!! (NSC-BNBC) Return to archive
31st March 2008 03:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is great!

Stanley Clarke the bass player for the New Barbarians and many others is reforming the super group "Return to Forever" with a real great lineup:

Chic Corea - Keyboards
Al Di Meola - Guitar
Stanley Clarke - Bass
Lenny White - Drums

What a great return!!¨Probably many of you don't like this kind of music but is really enjoyable especially live.

WARNING: Their music has nothing to do with the music of the Stones or they as solo artists, probably the closest will be Charlie and some jazz guitars by Mick Taylor but really far from it too.

Check this video, in one way the guitar by Al here seems similar to Mick Taylor's work with Miyuki in the album "Mick and I"

Check their website for tour dates

http://return2forever.com/
31st March 2008 03:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, last tour of this band was more than 30 years ago!

After a touring absence of more than 30 years, the potent jazz-rock flagship quartet edition of Return to Forever returns in 2008. This highly anticipated reunion will see the group’s classic lineup—Corea on keyboards, Al Di Meola on guitar, Stanley Clarke on bass and Lenny White on drums—embark on an expansive tour that will stretch into 2009, with dates in Europe and the United States. A concert DVD could well be released, featuring the band revisiting the material from their years together.

The chemistry between these unbelievable musicians was, and remains, undeniable and this historic reunion promises to be one of the most important musical happenings of the decade. Check out this video for the full story of the band, the reunion and amazing footage of their first day back together in the rehearsal room.

We are pleased to offer a special presale beginning Monday, March 31 at 10am. Click here to go the Ticketmaster presale page and use the password "Variety" (no quotation marks).
31st March 2008 03:13 PM
mojoman probably check out the philly show w/bela fleck as warmup. tull and king crimson the same week.
31st March 2008 04:14 PM
Dan Most shows at Universal are free if you know what you're doing. I think I might check it out.
31st March 2008 05:34 PM
fireontheplatter great band and great music. i think.
i saw al dimeola in denver in '02 or '03 and after the show he came back to the stage to sign stuff people had. he was kind of stuck up, but i did get my 'elegant'gypsy' cd signed.

good the hear they are getting back together.
31st March 2008 05:35 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Dan wrote:
Most shows at Universal are free if you know what you're doing. I think I might check it out.

do check it out...for free. are you kidding? go
31st March 2008 07:46 PM
Sioux Great band. Saw them a LONG time ago....mid 70's. Smallish venue. Super show.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)