ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine A Light" London Premiere
Odeon Leicester Square, London - 2nd april 2008
© Jon Furniss with thanks to moy
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "The Rodfather" live yesterday - review, pix and sound (SSC) Return to archive
30th March 2008 08:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yesterday and tonight we have Rod Stewart live here. He already started the Latin American leg of his tour 2008 in Guadalajara, Now in Mexico City and then Monterrey. After this he will give some shows in South America

I gotta admit I was a fan of Rod until he released “Blondes Have More Fun” with some good stuff after this but most of them really commercial, not the Rod I liked.

Yesterday’s show was great, better than the last time he toured here in 2002, his band is young but really good, he has 7 women on stage!! Three singers, two dancers, and seven musicians: One girl playing violin, mandolin and singing and other girl playing sax, lap guitar (slide) and keyboards. He also has two drummers, two guitar players, a keyboardist and one bassist. The main guitarist was great in the solos.

Rod was great, he did sing… strong voice and always great. The audience was better than ever with Rod, singing most of the songs, including his classics alone.

During “Hot Legs” he made the typical football routine, it was funny that one the balls reached the first upper light rack and then a second ball did hit the second rack but now the ball stayed there---- in a near future someone doing the auditorium maintenance will find a ball there LOL. He gave many balls to the people on front rows; I was in third row-far right.

There’s one cover he made of Cat Stevens that I don’t really like it at all in his last album “Father and Son” but that live performance really hypnotized the whole audience which listened in complete silence. Below is the track from yesterday show as I recorded it.

Other feature of the show was the time for his singers who performed a great rendition of “Proud Mary” starting it as a slow blues and then progressing into a raw rock. Below is also a file from this one.

The set list was

SET 1

1. Introduction ("The Rodfather” footage)
2. It’s a headache
3. Some guys have all the luck
4. This Old Heart of Mine (Is Weak for You)
5. Tonight's the Night (Gonna Be Alright)
6. The Rhythm of my heart
7. Forever Young
8. Downtown Train (UIT a two-drum solo)
9. First Cut is the Deepest (A false intro by the audience)
10. Have I Told You Lately
11. Sailing
12. Having a Party
13. Father & Son
14. Have You Ever Seen The Rain

SET 2

15. Sweet Little Rock and Roller
16. Young Turks
17. You’re in my heart
18. Twistin’ the night Away
19. Proud Mary (Without Rod, just his singers)
20. I Don’t Want To Talk About It
21. Maggie May
22. Hot Legs
23. Baby Jane

ENCORE

24. Do You Think I’m Sexy?

So we had two covers of Sam Cooke , two of CCR, two of Cat Stevens and some more.

Three and a quarter tracks for you:

http://www.rocksoff.org/h8-rodstewartmexico-sweetlilrockandroller.mp3

http://www.rocksoff.org/h8-rodstewartmexico-proudmary.mp3

http://www.rocksoff.org/h8-rodstewartmexico-fatherandson.mp3

http://www.rocksoff.org/h8-rodstewartmexico-idontwannatalkaboutit.mp3
30th March 2008 08:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, to add some Stones content: During "Hot Legs" we had a footage of the faces on the screen with Woody clearly seen in it. They were playing foot ball on stage.
30th March 2008 09:12 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
BTW, to add some Stones content: During "Hot Legs" we had a footage of the faces on the screen with Woody clearly seen in it. They were playing foot ball on stage.

Thanks by the complete setlist carnalito!

I was there, only i saw Tzonistac before the show.

The faces footage was in Maggie Mae, i miss Stay With Me, Too Bad, Ooh La La, my second Rod`s Show and neither get full satisfaction... Good Show Only.
30th March 2008 09:14 PM
fireontheplatter i have always liked rod stewart.

i think i bought 1 of his albums back in the late 70's

the 'gasoline ally' song and 'mandolin wind' have always been a favorite of mine.

was it the black tites you couldn't bare to look at voodoo?

i dig his raspy voice.
31st March 2008 06:48 PM
rogerriffin The intro was very good!

31st March 2008 06:53 PM
mojoman dudes old..........

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)